LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-11-28, 4:33pm
Tweedle Dumb

Talking Plug In Murrini AKA Striking Color Murrini

I just completed my first tutorial. I reveal how I create my Striking Color murrini using my "Plug In" method.

It's for sale on my Etsy page for $17. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1165444...i-tutorial-pdf

A HUGE thank you to Nikki and Heather for helping me get it done. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you girls! Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click For My Latest Murrini!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2012-11-29, 12:08pm

Ordered it ... can't wait to play. As per usual, I am sure this tuturial will be great fun and I will have great results.

Take care - Di
Old 2012-11-29, 1:51pm
Tweedle Dumb

Thanks Di, I sent it off to you.

I also wanted to mention, I do use StrikingColor brand glass in this tutorial, but substitutions are offered, and I encourage you to use your own favorites in the recipe. That's why I called it Plug In. You use what you love and what you have.

Last edited by jamie lynne; 2012-11-30 at 8:19am.
Old 2012-11-29, 4:07pm

I've never heard of that glass. I absolutely have to get some ... Any idea where
Old 2012-11-29, 4:14pm
Tweedle Dumb

I can get you some. I have some to spare. PM me and we can work out the details.

Old 2012-11-29, 4:17pm
Tweedle Dumb

Oooh, Brad actually has some here too:

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/prod...lies/glasswork

Old 2012-11-29, 6:20pm
Loving learning

OMG I LOVE your murrini, just ordered some glass & your tutorial, can't wait to try!
Old 2012-11-29, 7:30pm

Jamey do youhave a number for the tangerine ? i'm a bit confused.
Old 2012-11-29, 7:43pm
Tweedle Dumb

Pat, here is a link to the Tangerine I use. It's really yummy. But, really, any orange will work if you don't have this on hand.

http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=5993

Old 2012-11-29, 7:46pm

OK thanks so much. I'm sure I have something suitable.
Old 2012-11-29, 7:53pm
Tweedle Dumb

Eileen, sorry for the delay getting that out to you. I was dragging 5 kids around Wal-Mart. Bliss, I tell ya.

I just sent it off to you. Thank you!

Old 2012-11-29, 8:16pm
Loving learning

If I'd been dragging 5 kids through Walmart this evening, I'd be lying down in bed. I'm not far from doing that anyway after taking my 2 year old grand daughter to the zoo, and home to play for the afternoon, then the playground for the swings & slides before taking her to her mom!
And I just read it, can't wait to try! (I love the large photos, I can actually SEE them!)
Old 2012-11-29, 9:16pm

Wooo hooo! I just ordered the tutorial!!

Old 2012-11-30, 8:09am
Tweedle Dumb

That sounds like fun! I wish we had a zoo near by. I'd be there every day.

Can't wait to see what you do with it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
If I'd been dragging 5 kids through Walmart this evening, I'd be lying down in bed. I'm not far from doing that anyway after taking my 2 year old grand daughter to the zoo, and home to play for the afternoon, then the playground for the swings & slides before taking her to her mom!
And I just read it, can't wait to try! (I love the large photos, I can actually SEE them!)

Old 2012-11-30, 2:00pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Tee hee, thank you Jamie! =)

Old 2012-11-30, 7:43pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Love the tutorial, Jamie Lynne! So many good tips and ideas to jump off from! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-11-30, 8:48pm
Tweedle Dumb

Lori and Donna

Old 2012-12-01, 2:13pm

Woot, I made 3 batches today. Pooped. pics later.
Old 2012-12-01, 3:06pm
Tweedle Dumb

Holy nuggets! Go Pat!

Old 2012-12-02, 11:51am

Well I had bits and pieces of Striking glass, so I just used those. I hope they work out in a bead.

The other picture is a Pull it from http://www.austinbluemoon.com/It's great for when you don't have a Phil around. I did pull the center too thin because I couldn't reach back and blow on it. And the 2nd and 3rd pulls were smaller.
It's a great tut, thanks.
Attached Images

Old 2012-12-02, 3:07pm
Tweedle Dumb

Those look nice, Pat!

I also really need to look into getting that tool. How handy is that?

Old 2012-12-02, 4:09pm

It works great. I built my murrini on the mandrel, then put the clear on one end and attach to a Punty thing from Noodlesaurus. Then heat and pulled out the mandrel and put clear and attach the boro punty to fit in the pull-it. Then put the boro end in the holder which is clamped to a table and start to walk away.
Hopefully I get to try them on a bead tomorrow. thanks.
Old 2012-12-04, 8:36am
Tweedle Dumb

Ohhh PAT! Do you have anything to show yet? I've got ants in my pants over here.

Old 2012-12-07, 12:46am

Jamie Lynn, I will post a bead here tomorrow. The murrini I made with your tutorial turned out great! Beads in the kiln. You did a great job with the pictures and instructions! Thanks again!

Old 2012-12-07, 12:55am

Great tutorial Jamie.
Old 2012-12-07, 9:34am
Tweedle Dumb

Lisa, I can't wait to see what you did with it!

Carmen, thank you.

Old 2012-12-07, 7:52pm

I can't believe I am the first one to post a picture. You want to make sure that you strike the murrini and get good color before you cover with clear. Some of the murrini on the other side of this bead didn't strike as much, but they are still really cool. Thank you, again, Jamie Lynne

Old 2012-12-07, 7:54pm

Here's the other side of that bead:

Old 2012-12-07, 7:59pm
Loving learning

Beautiful! I may get brave & make some tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-07, 8:07pm
"Sinners have soul too"

ugh! I'm such a dipshit! I got the tutorial and completely forgot! Where's that head banging smiley at??