No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-12-14, 8:21am

tough crowd!
Old 2012-12-14, 10:58am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*f

Old 2012-12-14, 11:07am
Tweedle Dumb

ZOMG.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2012-12-14, 11:09am
Loving learning

Oh My Gosh!!!!
Old 2012-12-14, 1:03pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Thank you but it's all Jamie.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-12-14, 8:10pm

Wow!! Those are amazing Lori.
Old 2012-12-14, 8:34pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Thank you, Carmen!

*f

Old 2012-12-14, 9:23pm

Well, that was definitely worth the wait, Lori!! Gorgeous!
Isn't it fun that they all turn out a little (or a lot) different?

Old 2012-12-14, 9:46pm

I am going to have to buy some striking color glass.
Old 2012-12-14, 11:29pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I always nip my murrini too fat with the nippers and my hand gets tired. Is there a tool (saw) you can use without loosing too much of the glass?

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2012-12-15, 9:51am
Tweedle Dumb

I've never used a saw. They are usually 3-5 mm and I think a saw would be overkill for me. What kind of nipper are you using?

Old 2012-12-15, 6:42pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Just a regular old wheel glass nipper with a spring in the middle.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2012-12-15, 8:28pm
Tweedle Dumb

Hum, that's what I use too. Is it nice and sharp? I remember someone talking about a guillotine type nipper, but I think was was more intended for larger complex cane. I could also be dreaming that up... let me see if I can find it.

Old 2012-12-16, 12:11am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I use someone else's hands. That's the key to eliminating hand fatigue.

*f

Old 2012-12-28, 6:06pm
Tweedle Dumb

Here is the chopper I was thinking of. I think it is over kill, unless you are making really thick stuff.

http://www.spiralarts.com/products/p...OTINE-p397.htm

Old 2012-12-30, 9:49am

Killerbeads, if it's the german cutter you can loosen the nut in the middle of the wheel and move the wheels to a new sharper part.
Old 2013-03-02, 11:25pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Thanks for all the info. I think I would really like that guillotine. Depends on the price. They are out of stock at the moment.

Thanks Pat for the tip about loosening the nut in the middle of the wheel for sharper part.

Patsy

Ebay: