LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-09-16, 2:35pm

I'm in your camp Amy and Astrid. It takes me more than a 1/4lb at this stage to even decide how the glass should be worked. Certainly not worth the storage and organization efforts. Just cancelled elements of a previous order which had these restrictions. In the past they have fulfilled regardless of limitations but that no longer seems to be the case.

I'm in the 1lb minimum camp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LE members enjoy a 10% discount with coupon code "LEmember"
Old 2013-09-16, 4:59pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpalmer85 View Post
I'm in your camp Amy and Astrid. It takes me more than a 1/4lb at this stage to even decide how the glass should be worked. Certainly not worth the storage and organization efforts. Just cancelled elements of a previous order which had these restrictions. In the past they have fulfilled regardless of limitations but that no longer seems to be the case.

I'm in the 1lb minimum camp.
Yes, same for me. Limited space and I do have to have several rods for experimentation. If I hit on something I like it goes into production. If it sells it stays in production. I am slowly using up my limited this and thats as one-off focals and such but there is nothing I hate worse than finally hitting a combo I love that is marketable and being able to make, like, three sets. I love to be artistic and all but the practicalities of doing this for a living really rule out buying whatever glass whim hits me, I'd go under in a heartbeat. Some of you know what it's like. You may adore it (orange comes to mind) but that doesn't mean there's any profit in it at all. I love glass but I'm not this amazingly artistic person that can come up with a transcendent set of beads with any glass that comes to hand. I'm more a craftsperson and as such I want to be able to make, reorder consumables, remake - lather, rinse, repeat. It's how I pay my numerous bills.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-17, 11:01pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I actually won't buy the limited runs so I'm not sure it's such good marketing. It just annoys me, especially when a vendor limits your buying amount too.
Frantz limits. I haven't even checked his CIM new colors. I got with my new go-to glass shop and she buys from Ed Hoy, who is better about it.
Old 2013-09-18, 9:19am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
Frantz limits. I haven't even checked his CIM new colors. I got with my new go-to glass shop and she buys from Ed Hoy, who is better about it.
Who?

Old 2013-09-18, 12:34pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Who?
Glass Sorbet. Sh buys from Frantz too but I talked to her about a couple new messy colors, she said if Frantz didn't sell that much, she'd go to Ed Hoy.