LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-08-28, 12:37pm

Default DH garage sale rods

I recieved a package of about 17 lbs of DH rods from their garage sale. More then half of the rods are labeled with letters and numbers. Is there any way to find out what the glass is? I have used some DH glass, like clio, gaia, echo, luna, etc, but none without a spacific name. Anyone.....
Cate
Old 2013-08-28, 12:41pm

Normally you can look them up on the DH website, but that's having maintenance work done until 3rd September. You could try searching for each code on here in the meantime, you will probably find old threads about them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-08-28, 12:48pm
Nikki Haverstock

Try posting the numbers/letters here, I bet a lot of people can help ya

Old 2013-08-28, 2:45pm

They are test batches from this past year. You'll be able to find them on the website when it comes back online.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2013-08-28, 3:24pm
da General

Here you go.

AK – Earthier Terra
CL – Clio tests
EU – Euros tests
IL – Reducing
SK – Striking
TL – Reducing
VK – copper-blue or hemotinone, striking

LL-491 – Striking and reducing
MX-506 – Oxidizing flame = metallic
OP-470 – opaque lusters, striking
RH-508 – ruby striker
T-256 – striking (like Khaos)

You will find samples of EU, SK, TL here:
http://envisionsf.blogspot.com/2013/...rochester.html

You will find samples of IL and TL here:
http://envisionsf.blogspot.com/2012/...s-at-2012.html

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2013-08-28 at 10:02pm.
Old 2013-08-28, 4:48pm

Awesome! Cut and pasted your cheat sheet Hayley, thanks.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2013-08-28, 6:49pm
Sucks at being nice

Thank you for sharing!

Old 2013-08-28, 10:02pm
da General

Sorry - the second link went to the same page as the first ... all fixed now! (Thanks, Alli!)

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-08-29, 4:17am

Thanks so much, Hayley. Most of mine have letters after the first set of letters: SK.b and SK.f, AK.b, RH.a. Do these glasses turn into one of their final rods, like Clio, Echo etc? The only one I didn't see on your post was the AK.b.
Cate
Old 2013-08-29, 4:42am

They are test batches, so they are a variant of the eventual production glass, if the test ends up as something they decide will do well in production.
Old 2013-08-29, 5:34am
Peerless Thread Killer

Thanks for this list! I got one of the 15lb boxes, and just have been testing the mystery glass and having fun with it!

Old 2013-08-29, 7:20am

Wish I'd been lucky enough to get one of those boxes! Enjoy playing with your glass.
Old 2013-08-29, 8:22am
da General

Cate, AK was listed first on my list ... Earthy Terra. There were various batches of AK denoted with a period followed by a lowercase letter (e.g., AK.b, AK.c). I simplified and just put AK.

As Kathy said, Double Helix would consider making test batches into a stock color based on how popular they are, as in the case of the CL test batches which became Clio and the KA ones Kalypso.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2013-08-30 at 8:56am.
Old 2013-08-29, 7:43pm
Senior Moment

Thanx Hayley! I like to pick up DH Odd and test batches; it's nice to see what you do with them.

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-08-30, 6:19am

Thanks Hayley. I am still on a HH, but have a Bobcat that I never got around to installing as I didn't have the depth I needed here in NJ. Now I am in NY State and have a nice glass studio, so I will be setting it up. Play time.....
Cate
Old 2013-08-30, 12:09pm

Thanks for that Hayley .. very helpful!