Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-09-16, 10:11am
The Venerable Bead

Default the rest of September 16th-30th

gotta start a new half month. here are some pendants
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-09-16, 10:48am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

beautiful! I love the painted look in the first pendant

Old 2007-09-16, 11:25am

Absolutely beautiful Paula. I agree with Suzanne, that first one looks painterly.

Rose

Old 2007-09-16, 11:33am
Renee Weaver

Wow Paula, I look at your pendants as something to strive for. Beautiful. Here are my first efforts at pendants. One is momkas's glass.

Also some more beads.

Old 2007-09-16, 5:52pm
The Venerable Bead

ooh rene that second one looks hot! Love the little cluster of beads and pendant
thanks for the compliments suzanne, rose and rene. the painterly look is GA coral blush imploded. I love that stuff which reminds me I gotta get more!

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-16, 6:53pm
Hummel factory reject

Paula, your pendants are fab. Great color, wow!!! Renee I really like that second set with the pendant and matching beads. Nice! Here is a purple juju dagger talisman from me. Hmmm attracting purple juju must be a good thing?

Last edited by kiko; 2008-10-09 at 10:59am.
Old 2007-09-17, 5:23am

Default what a rush..

to come back from a weekend show and see new boro stuff! Paula - love the pendants - saw Mary Ann and Elaine from last fall's class and they both asked about you. Lori - that dagger is great! Here is another humble offering from me.
Old 2007-09-17, 5:24am

Default oops

I nearly forgot Renee - nice work on your first pendant. love that Momka!
Old 2007-09-17, 5:40am
Satake Woman!

Wow, look at all the sparklies! Kiki, there is something about your piece that just grabs me. Not sure what yet.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-09-17, 5:45am
The Venerable Bead

WOW NANCY!! what a beauty!
those gals were alot of fun, hard to beleive it's almost been a year!

and lori thank you. I love your dagger. it looks *dangerous* but in a good way lol

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-17, 5:47am

Wow Nancy - lots of color in that one bead - It's beautiful! Kiko - fantastic shape and purples ...yum. Paula - fabulous pendants - I like the new look, amd can't wait to try out the new frit...maybe today... Renee, cool little pendants... love the blue swirly one.
Sals
Old 2007-09-17, 7:56am
ID10T Problem Solver

I took a class with Brent in June and finally feel I can show what I learned.....

Front (Stormy Weather/Loch Ness):

Back:

Front (Loch Ness/Paula's Funky Cosmos Frit):

Back:

In case you couldn't tell, Loch Ness is my new favorite color!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-09-17, 8:33am

Paula - wonderful! I love the beautiful oranges you get - something I'm still working on!

Renee - wow! I love the pendant/bead combo in the middle! Great job on your pendants!

Nancy - I adore your work.

Jana - beautiful! Now I'm gonna have to pull out that Loch Ness!

Kiko - missed you - LOVE the dagger!

Last edited by DawnT; 2007-09-17 at 8:46am.
Old 2007-09-17, 8:44am

Paula, that first flower is one of the prettiest you've ever made, it's perfect!!!!!

Kiko... mmmm, I love that daggar. Checked out your etsy today and you have some gorgeous stuff up!

Happy gallery everyone, hopefully I can get some stuff up this week.

Jo
Old 2007-09-17, 9:09am
Pyromaniac

Default Hearts

A couple of hearts on silk sliding ribbon:
"Autumn Breeze"

"Rude and Red"

Last edited by ginkgoglass; 2007-09-17 at 9:15am.
Old 2007-09-17, 9:26am
Renee Weaver

Thank you everyone for your encouragement,
ginkogal..I love your 'rude and red' and the whole presentation of it,
and Nancy, I Love love that bead. Can I ask if it is encased?
Jana your beads are delicious! I would love to take a class with Brent.
Here are some more beads.

Old 2007-09-17, 9:27am

So many beautiful things with wonderful colours! Gratulation to everyone!

I have a new chicken, she is ready for the torch

Greetings
Andreas
Old 2007-09-17, 9:38am
ID10T Problem Solver

Chicken!!! How precious!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-09-17, 10:06am

Hi renee - no, today's bead is not encased -though most of them usually are - I just think the reds and purples to better without the clear.
Old 2007-09-17, 11:22am

Hi all-
Had a wonderful demo from Pipyr and thought I would try it. But somehow?? I got lots of little bubbles and the frit didn't flower out- it looks more like a brain! What did I do wrong? Or do you like the brain look? (LOL)
Nancy- I love that bead and all the rest in this thread. Great work and I have so much to learn.

The flower is my first attempt at sculpture. I used garnet and caramel for the center dots and a green something that is supposed to change a lot for the leaves. It all came out as dark red! What on earth did I do wrong here?? I kinda like it...but it is not at all what I was trying for.
Attached Images

Old 2007-09-17, 11:52am
ID10T Problem Solver

You got a demo from Pipyr?!?!?

i am sooooo jealous!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-09-17, 12:26pm
Booger #7

Wow!!! Yummy work everyone!!! Lori...I love that purple juju pendant!!! It rocks!!!

More newbie beads from me....

Blue moon frit on something green (I hate those random unlabeled rods I seem to collect)
Attached Images

Old 2007-09-17, 12:51pm

Yeah, it was SOOOO fun! It was at the Maine group meeting on Sat at my house- so I got to KEEP the pendant and compare it with mine. That's how I know I have to work more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
You got a demo from Pipyr?!?!?

i am sooooo jealous!
Old 2007-09-17, 2:11pm
Serenity Now!

Looking great everybody!!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-09-17, 3:14pm
The Venerable Bead

thank you dawn and Jo. I have a few more
Attached Images

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-17, 3:46pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Those are gorgeous!

What is the gold in the first one?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-09-17, 5:16pm
The Venerable Bead

thank you it's backed with dichro

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-17, 7:09pm

Wow! What great work everyone. I just found the boro page thanks to Paula mentioning it in another thread. I'm so at home now. Nancy, all I can say is that again I still want to own every bead that I see of yours. This page will help my day's when I can't get in the studio because of my dads health. I am new at posting but I will load some pics soon. Thanks again for the pleasure of looking at all your great work. Paula, I just ordered some of your frit and I cant wait to get it and use it. Flame on!!!!!!!!!!
Freya "Adelle" Read
Old 2007-09-17, 7:33pm
The Venerable Bead

welcome welcome freya so glad you found us! can't wait to see your work!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-18, 4:44am

Wonderful work everyone - this is what keeps me plugging along....

Yummy pinks, Renee!!