No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-12-29, 10:43pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

Default The Best Glass Stash

Okay I am just now getting the funds together to replenish my glass stash. I have never been able to buy too much but drool over the beautifully color coordinated glash stashes from you lucky dogs!!!!! Well I want to know what colors are a must to create the best glass stash ever!!!!! I work in mainly 104 but I love BE glass too. I do not use the 96 line much but love making watercolor stringers out of the gorgeous pinks and purples. Thank you all for contributing to this and helping me make my decisions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-30, 7:37am
Yeah me!

Well I'm still new to this but some of my must haves are

Rubino
Ivory (dark)
Fossil (cool color, kinda does the grey and black equivelant of Ivory)
Striking trans red
Goldstone

Pretty much ALL transparents

Theres more but I have yet to learn all the names

Old 2008-12-30, 7:42am
Yeah me!

Oh Ya I forgot I love ASK Bahama Blue, Mixed with Ivory and reduced slightly it's really pretty.

Old 2008-12-30, 7:54am
burnin' glass just becuz

beyond the basic colours of ivory, black, clear and white i would say there are no "must have" colours... i started off buying the "popular" colours and then quickly realized some of then are just not my thing so they sit there unused.

i've since figured out i prefer to work with brights and earthy tones so have stocked up on a range of those (plus the basics) from a variety of manufacturers

IMO, it's best to simply look at paddles or beads in the gallery and buy a range of colours you love from across the colour spectrum based on your own personal preferences and then keep adding as you experiment. we were just chatting in the bathroom (yesterday or the day before i think) about colour overload - how having too many rod colours to choose from and how it can sometimes freeze your creativity...

but then again, if i had a large/unlimited budget - i would buy 1lb or two of every single glass colour out there just to have it and touch it and look at it every day... regardless of whether or not i thought i would ever use it...

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland

Last edited by ewdb; 2008-12-30 at 7:56am.
Old 2008-12-30, 11:48am
FireSculptedCouture.com

I am glad you asked this question. I have some problems buying glass because I am not sure what to get... this gives me some ideas.

Also, the new Color Tutorial that Sarah Hornik has out, has shed some light as to what "goes".

site is not yet available

Old 2008-12-30, 10:07pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

Thank you all for your input! I must look into Sarah's tut. I have pretty much tried out all kinds of colors but now that I need to restock I am kinda stuck. I love purples and organics I also love any of the reduction glasses- BTW thank you so much Kristina for that recipe I must try. Have you ever blown shards out of it? I will keep you all posted about good colors I find along the way. Oh has anyone tried any of the mystic colors from Reichenbach? TTFN

Old 2008-12-31, 11:43am

Take a look at my website. I have 7 Lauscha reactive variations on Pink and two new odds. Brandy Butter and Lime Diaquiri. All of these colors make nice bases for organics and silver glasses. Oh Ywah don't forget Caramello with Silver!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-01, 1:48pm

GO HERE! The best place ever to check out special colors (some of them quite inexpensive!) & what you can do with them!. I adore Kandice's site, she's got the most wonderful color sense, & she's tested/worked with/explained some of the prettiest colors
http://coloraddictionblog.blogspot.com/

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies

Last edited by lunamoonshadow; 2009-01-01 at 1:50pm.