Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-03-06, 5:29pm
Obsessed Blogger

Default Gaffer Glass Purple Hearts

I came home from Tucson with some Gaffer glass to play with from the Gaffer Girls.

If you're struggling with getting a nice purple for purple hearts, maybe their glass can help. Here are some of my experiments:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unfortunately, I don't know their glass well enough yet to tell you what the name of each color is, but I bet they could!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-06, 5:32pm
And silence is golden

All are nice, but I like the top left one best.
Old 2010-03-06, 5:32pm

I've used some of the veiled cane for butterflies and absolutely adore it - wonderful colors, and melts so nicely. Thanks for sharing your hearts!

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-03-26, 10:44am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Gorgeous hearts, Lori!!
Where do you get the veiled cane? Do the Gaffer
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Girls have it?

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-03-26, 10:52am
Obsessed Blogger

They do! I got mine a few years back from Gail Joseph in Tucson. I think she only carries veiled but the Gaffer Girls carry it all.

Old 2010-03-26, 10:56am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I'm assuming that's the same 96 COE stuff?

You know, the GREAT thing about gaffer is you
can pile a bootyload of 96 COE frit on it too.

And gaffer glass is SOOO beautiful. I have some of
Gail's and a stash from someone else. It's like
the best kept secret in the 96 COE world.

A secret that needs to be shared

Lori, I LOVE the wispy trails of purple you got in those hearts!
I can never get them to look that nice!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Last edited by Karen Hardy; 2010-03-26 at 11:00am.
Old 2010-03-26, 11:29am
Obsessed Blogger

Yes, it's the 96 COE, all truly compatible with itself.

I didn't do anything special to get those wispy trails. It just happened that way.

Old 2010-03-26, 4:17pm
the GAFFER GIRLS

Red face PURPLE .. purple ...

hi everyone ... just popping in 2 say we're not sure either ...
some gorgeous purple's Lori's playing with ...

G113 heliotrope

G114 purpur

G115 violet

G116 lavender

have fun purple cane opaques available ..

mona & the girls

Old 2010-03-26, 8:46pm
StudioMarcy

Oh those are so pretty! Thanks Mona.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2010-03-26, 11:30pm
Creatrixie

My friend has been working with Gaffer's frit over the last year, doing experiments and trying all the colours out over a variety of glass base colours; clear, black, white, ivory...
She's going to put it all together as a reference when she's done!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-03-27, 12:45pm

I make my BOC butterflies EXCLUSIVELY with Gail's glass! I'll post some when I have some more made

Duane

Quote:
They do! I got mine a few years back from Gail Joseph in Tucson. I think she only carries veiled but the Gaffer Girls carry it all.

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN