Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-02-17, 8:52pm
Unofficial Thread Killer

Default Holly Cooper at Beadazzled in Wichita May 14 - 15, 2011

We are so thrilled to have Holly Cooper teaching in our studio. She'll be here for a two day class May 14 - 15, 2011. Cost is $425 for this wonderful opportunity to expand your beading creativity. Here is her class description:

"Design and Detail: Modular "Design and Detail: Modular Design and Stringer Control"

This is an intermediate class focusing on stringer control and design. I will show you the techniques I use to create intricate detailed patterns on a small glass surface. We will also touch on ideas that will help you to promote individuality in your work.

Part of the session, I'll be showing how I manipulate fine stringers using simple tools and techniques as well as discuss the properties of glass as it relates to the making of stringers that hold an intricate pattern.

I will also demonstrate and discuss surface design elements such as: rhythmic pattern, negative and positive space, color, scale and proportion, texture/patina, bead shape and its relationship to the design, and modular pattern development. I use modular development as a means of creating a complex design within a simple framework. I will demonstrate step by step how I achieve this in my beads.

We'll also discuss methods that aid in promoting individuality in our work by taking technique and design beyond our usual boundaries and towards a more personal style.

For more information, please check our website at www.beadazzledinkansas.com.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-01, 8:18am
Fire Monkey

I'm really looking forward to this class. We're going to have fun!
For those not familiar with my work here are a few examples:
(On the last day of the class we make an animal bead!)

Old 2011-03-01, 8:19am
Fire Monkey

Whoa...BIG pics!

Old 2011-03-07, 1:39pm
Just Bead It

Awesome Beads!

Tamara Ashlock
Just reopened my Etsy store! Listed lots of beads I've been hoarding...

A-66
Old 2011-03-10, 7:17pm
ElaineRusk

Hi Holly,
I am soooooooooooo excited you are coming to Wichita. You have been on my bucket list fo some time now. I am signed up!!!
Old 2011-03-11, 11:53pm
Fire Monkey

Thanks Tamara!

Yay Elaine! Can't wait to see you!

Old 2011-03-13, 11:59am

For anyone thinking of taking Holly's class--do it! Holly taught here at Playing with Fire! last year and was it ever a great class!

Holly is an awesome artist (just look at her breathtaking designs and form!) And she's a great teacher! (Holly, sweetie, we miss you!)

Old 2011-03-14, 3:33pm
Fire Monkey

Thanks Virginia!

I had such a great time at PWF and have very fond memories. I can't wait to get back there!

Old 2011-04-08, 7:08pm

Hi Holly,
I've signed up for this class and I'm really excited,
. All you KS, MO, and OK folk- come take advantage of this great opportunity. If you haven't been to Beadazzled, it's a terrific studio and a wonderful place to work. It's great to have a place in our area to study with some of the "masters". Look forward to May.
Peggy
Old 2011-04-13, 10:36pm
Angel's Mom

I am already booked on flights for a conference for work or I would SOOOOOOO love to take this class!
Old 2011-04-20, 11:52am
Unofficial Thread Killer

Kris...we will miss you. Do you really have to go to another conference? Didn't you just return from one? (Wasn,t that you I saw in the photo with Obama in the hotel lobby?)

or
Old 2011-05-01, 9:09pm

If anyone needs a free place to stay, I have loads of space at my house. Just hit me up.
-molly
Old 2011-05-12, 1:17pm
Unofficial Thread Killer

I get to pick Holly up at the airport tonight. Yeah!!!

or
Old 2011-05-13, 11:47am
Just Bead It

Just met Holly! I'm bummed I can't take her class but I got to meet her. What a wonderful lady! I did get to touch all her fabulous beads! Jaw dropping really, I'm jealous!

I hope you have a great time here in Wichita!
Thanks for coming.

Tamara Ashlock
Just reopened my Etsy store! Listed lots of beads I've been hoarding...

A-66
Old 2011-05-15, 6:30am
Angel's Mom

Lucky you, Tamara! Wish I could have been there. Holly's beads are aamazing!
Old 2011-05-16, 12:31pm
Unofficial Thread Killer

Holly's leavin' on a jet plane and I miss her! We had a great time. Thanks for coming!

or