Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-26, 4:36am
boro color bender

I know Ross at ABR has about 15 pounds... it's going quick. I played with some and will get to see it when we open the kiln today.

www.abrimagery.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-10-26, 6:45am
Uh-oh means it's too late

That color is to die for !!!!!!!!! I am finally ready to dable in boro so I think I will get a little and try!!!!!!

Old 2008-10-26, 3:55pm
funny mofo

Must fix car.... must resist the glass... must fix car... must resist the glass...

Old 2008-10-29, 8:01pm

this thread might be washed out by now but I was using some of this Momka color.. Just fooling around. I also used Silver beach...
Attached Images

Old 2008-10-29, 8:49pm

Kay, I am in lust! Gorgeous beads! My favorites are the ones in the bottom row. Did I mention, your beads are GORGEOUS?!?!?!?

Old 2008-10-30, 7:04am

Thanks so much, Sonya. I adore your work, too.

The pink one is just a mix of Violet Hue and clear. The others are a mix of SB and various designs in clear. The third picture is a pair that went gone quick. Her comment was "I love what is happening in these. Your eyes keep dancing from one part to the other." I think that is a comment well worth remembering when designing beads and jewelry.

I wish I had worked more on the lighting for these pics. Afternoon sun just doesn't cut it.

Here is a small set with just clear and Violet Hue. I find it interesting how the reds seem dominant when you do not restrike.
Attached Images

Old 2008-10-30, 7:15am

Those are lovely Kay! Isn't this a great color to play with?!
Jenny

Old 2008-10-30, 7:18am
ManBearPig

Call me crazy, but it doesn't look any different than Tequila Sunrise to me...

Old 2008-10-30, 7:27am
yukue fumei

Kay!!

WOW--amazing amazing colors you got!
Your beads are always soooo gorgeous!
thank you for posting!

nagi

Old 2008-10-30, 7:32am

Hi Cosmo! Hey - for me anyways - I am able to get pinkier pinks (not that pinkier is a word...) with this color than with Tequila Sunrise. Although if I work it too long it does go to more coral shades like TS. But that's just me!
Jenny

Old 2008-10-30, 7:35am
yukue fumei

can I ask how do you get the pink in TS? I get white....did I burn it out or is the pink beyond the white? Sorry to interrupt!
thank you!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-30, 7:57am

hmm.. Mr. Cosmo. I am thinking, let's play with TS and Silver Beach and see what happens.. I need to check out my stock first to see if I even have TS.

If I remember, TS, when not struck will be more amber as the Violet Hue provides the reds.. I agree, though. There definitely are some similarities.

Old 2008-10-30, 11:55am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Call me crazy, but it doesn't look any different than Tequila Sunrise to me...
You be crazy mon!
I get more orangy colors from TS.
This looks more purple-pinky.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-10-30, 12:21pm
Pyromaniac

I get orange and peach with TS. This definitely looks pinker.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-10-30, 12:54pm
Hummel factory reject

I've been lucky and can get purple/pink from T.S. but never red/purple/pink!

Nagi, work it white hot keep it white hot. cool it,... cool it.... Pop it in the kiln and strike it
to within an inch of it's life in a 1180 kiln for 1 hour.
Don't flame strike unless you want the peaches and creamies.

Old 2008-10-30, 2:50pm
yukue fumei

WOW--cool!
thank you so much Lori!!

I'll give it a go...
it does make a pretty cream color but those pinks are to die for!
I'll try that on Fuchsia Fantasy as well....I seem to get amber but no pinks...
fingers crossed....

nagi

Old 2008-10-30, 7:29pm
ManBearPig

Weird. I've never been able to get orange from Tequila Sunrise (although I'd like to). I usually use Solara for orange. I get fuchsia from Tequila Sunrise. Although, I do want to try this new color too....

Old 2008-10-30, 7:31pm
yukue fumei

that means you got the touch Cosmo!

nagi

Old 2008-10-30, 8:58pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Weird. I've never been able to get orange from Tequila Sunrise (although I'd like to). I usually use Solara for orange. I get fuchsia from Tequila Sunrise. Although, I do want to try this new color too....
Back it with white, flame strike it to the color you want and then kiln
it at 1050. Don't bump it up to a higher temp - just anneal it from there.
That should bring you some nice creamy oranges and peaches.

Old 2008-10-30, 9:17pm
Pyromaniac

I want all the pinks!!!!!!

Part of the beauty of boro is how with different hands one rod of color can become pink, fuschia, orange, yellow, peach! I'm going try kiko's method to get pink from TS. I know for me, the Fuschia Fantasy will not strike in the kiln if you don't first flame strike. But evidently that is not the case for TS. Chad, how do you get your pinks from TS? Same way as Kiko?

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Last edited by ginkgoglass; 2008-10-30 at 9:23pm.
Old 2008-10-31, 5:37am

I'm getting mostly reds with some purple streaks, It's the most gorgeous red I've seen. But not really any pinks..... I do flame strike. So I wonder how to get the pinks?

Old 2008-10-31, 8:34am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
I'm getting mostly reds with some purple streaks, It's the most gorgeous red I've seen. But not really any pinks..... I do flame strike. So I wonder how to get the pinks?
Don't flame strike it so much before putting it into your kiln. I have the same issue with GA Persimmon. If I flame strike, I don't get much pink. If I put it into the kiln almost clear then I can get some pretty fuschia pinks.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-10-31, 9:18am
Normal is Boring!!

Dang that's a sassy color-- I'm scared....I'm headed to Momka's next weekend for a class with John K. keep me out of the glass shop! yikes

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2008-10-31, 2:31pm

Thanks so much Eric! I'll try that, with persimmon, too.

Old 2008-10-31, 3:24pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I just got my VH rods today - they weren't labeled (argh!) are
the rods supposed to be sort of a dark dusty rose color?

Old 2008-10-31, 6:08pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
I want all the pinks!!!!!!

Part of the beauty of boro is how with different hands one rod of color can become pink, fuschia, orange, yellow, peach! I'm going try kiko's method to get pink from TS. I know for me, the Fuschia Fantasy will not strike in the kiln if you don't first flame strike. But evidently that is not the case for TS. Chad, how do you get your pinks from TS? Same way as Kiko?
Well, I didn't see her post, but I just work it like any other striking color - heat it way up until it goes clear, let it cool, then hit it with the flame again.

I'll try to get some photos for you. Going to have to wait a week or so though... going to be sort of busy the next week!

Old 2008-10-31, 6:29pm

Karen, that's the stuff.

Old 2008-11-07, 6:23pm

Erik at Vapor Glass has more of the Momka's Violet Hue if anyone is still looking for some. He packages very well and ships quickly too!! I still haven't tried it, but I have been drooling over all of the gorgeous beads that you have all made with it!!

Donna
Old 2008-11-16, 8:46pm

^^^ thanks!

kay those colors are GORGEOUS omg!!
Old 2008-11-20, 9:23pm
where is that UPS man?

DROOL!!!!!

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO