Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-11-27, 7:37am
Angie09

Default Need lime green boro color .. can you help?

I am looking for a lime green boro color that is not solid but one that has variegations of lime greens ... anybody got any ideas of how to get this color?
Old 2009-11-27, 8:11am
Pyromaniac

I think the closest one is Slyme from Trautman Art Glass

http://www.taglass.com/033.html

You could mix it with Kryptonite from GA or Sublime from Northstar to get a variegated effect.

http://glassalchemy.com/cart/index.p...onite-461.html
http://www.northstarglass.com/

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ginkgoglass; 2009-11-27 at 8:19am.
Old 2009-11-27, 8:54am
The Battle of Boro Boro

You can fulcrum mix borostix lime, paris green, and mint for really nice effect...

Old 2009-11-27, 9:09am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

I just got some Elvis Slyme and it works fine for surface work, but deep encased in a marble it is a good white, which is I guess about what you would get with pistachio. Try mixing in some NS Forest Green for varigations.

Old 2009-11-27, 1:55pm
Tamara Knight

Ga has a revolution 33 color that is a candy apple green - deep encased it is a nice lime color
you would need to purchase it on the ga website as it is not a regulat color yet
Old 2009-11-27, 2:43pm
Angie09

Thanks everyone ... all the info is really helpful!! Now I gotta decide which to buy.

Angie
Old 2009-11-30, 6:25pm

FWIW, there is a lot of variation within batches of Slyme... some rods can be very transparent, some can be very dense and only go transparent when heated more. Here is a cup that Ryan Kremp made at Glass Stock, with TAG Slyme and TAG Wisteria. You can see how the dense, opaque Slyme he used is variegated simply with heat.

GMK, you are the first to report that the color washes out in implosions. Thank you! ~Jenny @ TAG

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-11-30, 6:50pm
Angie09

Thanks Jenny for the photos (beautiful glass!!!!). I have gone with Kiwi for now. We'll see how well it does.
Old 2009-12-05, 12:13pm

Wow Jen what a great color!
There is also NS Sublime I think too.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-12-07, 3:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
FWIW, there is a lot of variation within batches of Slyme... some rods can be very transparent, some can be very dense and only go transparent when heated more. Here is a cup that Ryan Kremp made at Glass Stock, with TAG Slyme and TAG Wisteria. You can see how the dense, opaque Slyme he used is variegated simply with heat.

GMK, you are the first to report that the color washes out in implosions. Thank you! ~Jenny @ TAG
I love the color of TAG slyme, but I have had some issues with devitrification. It can boil a bit as well.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-12-07, 10:20pm

Devit where it boiled? Ouch! Is that in a strong oxy flame?

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-12-08, 10:13am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
Devit where it boiled? Ouch! Is that in a strong oxy flame?
I alway work with a strong oxy flame, but maybe it wasn't as strong as I had thought. The piece I made was pretty smooth except for one coil which had a rough surface and a softer green. I ended up coating it in fine clear frit a couple of times to get rid of the roughness. I will try again this week.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-12-09, 3:20pm

Now that I have a formed question to ask, a few people I've asked have said that yes, they do occasionally find the Slyme to devitrify. One person says he likes to coat it with clear to prevent it, a couple of others have said they have never had this problem. I am glad someone finally said something, LOL! One of my regular testers said he had that happen on one piece but then never had it happen again, so he was thinking it was a fluke? Now we need to determine if the differences in these reports have more to do with variation in the batches or variation in equipment and technique...

Thanks, Eric!!

Old 2009-12-12, 6:52pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

momkas makes some greens that are similar to lime...
Old 2009-12-12, 7:52pm

It devitrified for me on one side of a pendant that I made. I typically work high oxy and not on a raging flame. I had read that using a fluffy flame could help, so I tried reworking it, but it's still got a bad spot on it.
Old 2009-12-18, 1:51pm

thanks for the input, Lynda!