LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2005-10-16, 6:46am
Unofficial Thread Killer

Default Does anyone know if there is a tutorial for this???

I am quite intrigued by this beautiful bead. Does anyone know how it's done, or what book it was in?

Julie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Old 2005-10-16, 7:28am

One of Cindy Jenkins books show how. I think "Making glass beads". Rings get made first, kept warm. Make base bead with one end, then add rings and finish other end. Just make sure base bead is not too warm that rings stick to it. Hope I remembered all the important parts. gayle
Old 2005-10-16, 7:28am
Viking Flame Keeper

You make the rings first on a large hole mandrel, anneal and clean them. Then you put them in your kiln again and take it upp slowly to annealing temp.

Make a slim barrel bead and cap one end. Now you take out your rings from the kiln, one at a time, and slide them on to the barrel. Cap the other end.

It soesn't sound too complicated, does it? LOL

I'm sure it takes hours upon hours of practice though with lots of cracked rings... The difficult bit lies in keeping everything heated just so. Hot enough not to crack but cool enough not to melt the rings so they stick to the barrel.

I think I've seen a tut in Spotlight On Beads for the Inner Child by Corina, but I'm not sure that's where I saw it.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-10-19, 5:26am
Terry

I have started to make this bead, made the rings with the big hole over the weekend and now I'm going to try and put it all together. I'll let you know how I make out.

Old 2005-10-19, 5:38am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkins
I have started to make this bead, made the rings with the big hole over the weekend and now I'm going to try and put it all together. I'll let you know how I make out.

Yes, please do let us know. I've never tried one of these, but I think I might now just for the challenge of whether I can do it or not.

~~Mary

Old 2005-10-19, 3:45pm
Terry

I messed the one up I tried. It's funny Kimberly you mention given credit to Kim Miles. I would of never knew how this bead originated. I saw the bead at a craft show and ask the seller if she made beads which she didn't. She brought it on-line. It wasn't to difficult to figure out. It's always good to know the originator of a style. Thanks.