Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-03-10, 9:31am

Default Frit and Rods

Hi All, First thanks for being so helpful. I don't post much but when I do, you're right there! So I've been watching and listening to all your suggestions, but now have another problem. Very little Boro glass rods and frit to work with. Man, this stuff is expensive. I am hoping you have found some places that I can buy small quantities, by the rod, and some frit. Any suggestions? I do have 20mm clear solid rod and 25.4 tubing I could swap for some smaller clear and color rod and if that interest anyone.

I have been watching Brent's Heart video and the torch is calling to me. Didn't his dedication to his Dad give you goosebumps. How touching. I am so anxious now to make some and give them to those I love. Thanks.

Last edited by Cheryl; 2013-03-10 at 11:01am. Reason: Shorten
Old 2013-03-10, 8:56pm

Cheryl I have a bunch of shorts I can send to you if you pay the postage. The only problem is most don't have labels but it still would be fun. I would need you to pay postage by paypal. Also Salt City glass out of utah have sample packs as well as you can pick your colours they put into it. I have also heard that they send chocolate with their orders. I will find the link.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-03-10, 8:57pm

http://saltcityglass.com

Old 2013-03-11, 2:58am

i know mtn glass doesn't advertise that they sell "by the rod", but if you call them they'll put you together a small bundle.
Old 2013-03-11, 7:57am
Loving learning

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GLASS-BLOWIN...item1c30e88566

I'd get one if you didn't have to use PayPal.
Old 2013-03-11, 7:11pm

You can pm me and creditcard it or make other arrangements We just list those on Ebay with Paypal because its the easier to doon Ebay

Old 2013-03-11, 7:58pm
Borovangelist

Devardi?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Actually some of the boro's tolerable, but seriously...Consider a bag of shorts from Trev's if you're just looking to experiment and get your feet wet.

The only headache is when you find a color you love and no freaking clue what it is.

|
|
Old 2013-04-03, 1:37am
kinda torching....

Dbglass has momka shorts for $17 a pound and seconds for $26. Also some damn good prices on schott clear
Old 2013-04-15, 11:55am

when I started out I bought sample packs from northstar, glass alchemy and momaka. granted if you can get one, I would HIGHLY recommend glass alchemy. I liked getting their frit sample pack too.
That way you know what the colors are (they all label them) and so you can try out TONS of colors and see which ones you like and know what to buy in the future.
ABR Imagry sells in 1/4 lb increments as well.. so does Mountain glass. Thats where I tend to get most of my glass.
Old 2013-04-15, 9:10pm
Dakine glass man

salt city has/had? momka shorts on sale fore really cheap

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2013-04-16, 7:39am
Queen Bee

I've found Trev's Glass to have some of the best prices around - http://trevsglass.com/

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry