No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-09-30, 12:56pm
Marble Lover

Default Glass Magazines - I'm looking

I'm looking for 2 or 3 glass magazines to subscribe to. I found a few old threads on here and did a little research myself and found some that may be what I'm looking for. If you know of any others that I might like, please list them.

I'm more interested in general Lampworking and furnace glass. I'm not tied to a particular type of lampwork glass ( ie. soft or boro ). I'm not looking for a rag specific to slumping or stained glass at this time, but one that covers all types of glasswork would be ok. Same with one on pipes - I don't mind pipe or "functional" art being in the magazine, but I'm not interested in one being dedicated to just that.

I prefer print magazines over e-zines, but if there's a really good e-zine, I'll deal with it being not in print form.

These are some I came across. I'm pretty sure The Flow will be one of my choices.
- The Flow
- Soda Lime Times
- Glass Line
- GlassArtMagazine
- Urban Glass
- Glass Bead Evolution ( with ISGB membership )

Added via info from this Thread:
Glass Culture ( Pipe Focused )

If you know of another that is good, please list it and what specifically makes it stand out.

Thanks, all.
-BEP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bepnewt; 2013-10-02 at 7:16am.
Old 2013-09-30, 1:54pm
Senior Moment

Definitely the Soda Lime Times!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-09-30, 3:09pm
Dakine glass man

Glass culture magazine is a new one that is more pipe specific
I'm a little biased but I would definitely get Glass Line too. My top 3 would be

The Flow
Glass Line
Glass culture

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2013-09-30, 3:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui Greenstone View Post
Glass culture magazine is a new one that is more pipe specific
I'm a little biased but I would definitely get Glass Line too. My top 3 would be

The Flow
Glass Line
Glass culture
Second that!
Old 2013-10-01, 11:16am
Marble Lover

Thanks, everyone.

-BEP
Old 2013-10-02, 12:40am
Super Duper

I find glassline to be my favourite.
Old 2013-10-02, 6:43am
Shelarious

The Flow
Soda Lime Times
Glass Line

Old 2013-10-02, 6:51am
I fart diamonds

Glass Line & The Flow.

Old 2013-10-02, 7:15am
Marble Lover

I appreciate the votes for the known rags.

Does anyone have any others that haven't been mentioned? I updated the original post with the one that was mentioned and I was unaware of for anyone who comes along later. If you do mention a "new" one, please give a little blurb on what makes it good, what it focuses one, etc.

I'm going to sub to a couple this weekend.

-BEP
Old 2013-10-02, 10:21am
tweetysweetie

The Flow
Soda Lime Times
Glass Line
the must haves!