Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-01-11, 11:12am
lov'in life!!!

SWEET! I love that heart...it has so much character to it

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-11, 12:55pm

Wow! Great stuff. The vortexes are awesome. Now that I have tried a few, I have great respect... I love the winged heart. It has some strange sad feeling that I love. Still workin' on my flowers. I have finally gotten the flower pendants to have the petals coming together in the middle. I figured out that I was not imploding the pendant long enough...until the original dots and lines are almost completely sucked up inside the pendant. Also found I had to push down harder when flattening the maria to make the petals spread out. Now I have to figure out how to avoid the little bubbles...I think I heat my colors too quickly?? And I need to get more precise with applying the dots and stringer. I can't believe how much harder it is for me to apply them on a maria than on a bead held on a mandrel. I guess it is just practice, practice, practice.

Sandy

Old 2007-01-11, 1:04pm
ManBearPig

Yep. The bubbles are coming from boiling the glass. Just work it a little slower and you should be fine.

Old 2007-01-11, 1:08pm
boro color bender

Sandy... those are coming along nicely.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-01-11, 1:14pm

Thanks, guys. I may never make beads again! No...must make beads...must make beads... It seems my customers want small round things with holes in them

Sandy
Old 2007-01-11, 2:34pm
lov'in life!!!

Sandy, those are beautiful! That first one is just yuuuuummy

Old 2007-01-12, 12:32am
oldest member

Brent....winged hearts......great intense colours.......seafire...
Old 2007-01-12, 3:26am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
I'm feeling this one the most outta all of them! Please bring some w/ you in March, OK?

I'd like to show a couple of hearts that I have of Smiley's? The color is just outstanding in each one of them. It's the kind of smooth, rocking color that just flows...
ok I am done 'singing your praises'!
Please let me know if it's ok to post your work Brent?

Old 2007-01-12, 3:28am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandree View Post

Ummm, I think you are WELL on your way! These kick ass!

Old 2007-01-12, 7:47am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

boro beadies from last night...

Old 2007-01-12, 9:17am
boro color bender

Nice Debbie! Good color and shape!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-01-12, 9:58pm

boro tab..Magic Mirror with clear frit.. (LOOK, Cathy!!!) I think the metal enhances the color of the amber and there is a lot of iridized sparkle in certain light...
Attached Images

Old 2007-01-13, 3:46am
boro color bender

That's one way to get a perfect loop. Nice pendant Kay!

Old 2007-01-13, 7:24am

I really s&^&%k at loops an do find this to be a great and attractive option!! Thanks, Brent.

Old 2007-01-13, 7:54am
lov'in life!!!

How'd you do that Kay? It's gorgeous!!!

Old 2007-01-13, 12:40pm

Looks like everyone is really getting some nice color!

Here are a pendant and heart that I did yesterday. The pink one was made using GA Powder Puff. It is a little more pink that it looks in the photo.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-01-13, 12:49pm
mystical cat lover 56

brovo
Old 2007-01-13, 1:37pm

Eric, I love the blue/green twisted one!

Here are a few I've made recently, finally got some torch time in after the holidays...

Old 2007-01-13, 1:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyaHusko View Post
Eric, I love the blue/green twisted one!

Here are a few I've made recently, finally got some torch time in after the holidays...

Thanks Sonya. The Blue shadow is caused by dots of the Momka Green Envy that I received in my tester package. I am pretty sure that I backed the green envy dots with amazon jewel, and then dots of a mystery color that was laying on my bench, and finally some blue moon frit to cover the whole back. I like it too which means that I probably won't be able to do it again.

I like your beads a lot. That last set would look great with some bali silver.

Eric

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-01-13, 2:23pm
HourGlass Studio

Wow - some jaw dropping creations in here !!! Bravo everyone.

Old 2007-01-13, 3:34pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Looks like everyone is really getting some nice color!

Here are a pendant and heart that I did yesterday. The pink one was made using GA Powder Puff. It is a little more pink that it looks in the photo.
I've been watching your hearts come along, and I have to say that one is the best shape I've seen you do. Not that the others aren't good, but that is the most "hearty" that I've seen you do. Looking good!

Old 2007-01-13, 6:26pm

Eric and Sonya. My oh my! Beautiful!

Old 2007-01-13, 7:34pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandree View Post
Sandy they are beautiful!

To get implosions to go this "deep" do you make a thicker petal to implode? I guess I'm asking would you use a thicker stringer making a "thicker petal". Does that make any sense?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2007-01-13, 8:59pm
Hummel factory reject

Sandy, beautiful floral implosions! My fav is #1. Sonya, a nice selection of beads vibrant and earthy. Pierce designs, very poppin' spacers! Eric, very tight work!!!!!! Here is a grouping of some tubing hollows. I've really been working on them specifically! My current muse.... When time allows me to follow a muse.... Have a great weekend everyone. Ooops Kay, beautiful color and symmetry in that pendant. Lori

Last edited by kiko; 2007-06-13 at 8:57pm.
Old 2007-01-13, 10:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameDancer View Post
How'd you do that Kay? It's gorgeous!!!
The pendant is just magic mirror with clear frit. The metal is glued on with E-6000 much like a fused glass pendant.

Did this answer your question???

Thanks much for the compliment....

Old 2007-01-13, 10:29pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I've been watching your hearts come along, and I have to say that one is the best shape I've seen you do. Not that the others aren't good, but that is the most "hearty" that I've seen you do. Looking good!
Thanks! Yeah, I find that I can really mess up a heart quick if I try and pull the tip off without getting it hot enough. It is amazing how quickly that other lobe ends up getting pulled too far south.

I love the needle effect you got with that first Dichroic pendant. I haven't been able to get mine to do that yet.

There is some really neat work showing up in these galleries lately!

Old 2007-01-14, 2:33am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
boro beadies from last night...

Wow, Debbie, those are awesome!

When did you start working Boro?
And you are in Smiley's class in March, right?

Old 2007-01-14, 2:35am
Nah, not really...;)

"Clear is a girl's best friend" LAG, Kay Lodahl

Hey, can I put this in my signature?

Old 2007-01-14, 2:36am

You guys are killin' me! I'm gonna have to trade in the ol' hothead and take a boro class!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
-Patti
http://www.truegemsbypatti.com
Old 2007-01-14, 2:42am
Nah, not really...;)

Eric, what can I say, I think we both started working Boro about the same time? I've enjoyed watching your progression over the last year! WOW!

Sonja, you are the queen of color! It's nice to see you post in here, please do so more often!

Lori, "tubing hollows", yummy colors btw, but I bet ya' can't say that 10X fast!