LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-12-08, 8:24am

Default Favorite Frit

Maybe this has been discussed before but I'd like to know your favorite frit. If you have a picture of a bead with the frit on it, even better. Tell me how it reacts with silver and what you like about it. My favorite frit seems to change but currently, I am really enjoying bluish amethyst K-13. This frit is nice because there is a range of blue and purple in it and it is just very rich. I love this frit. I wish I had it in cane too! Maybe Santa will bring it. It is on my list. I really love purple and pink frits too. I am at work so I can't take any pictures right now.

I'd love to hear about your favorite frit or cane!
Old 2005-12-08, 8:25am
Cheerfully Profane

Z-99 Purple rose. Hands down. It's beautiful and glossy and violet and makes me wanna sing arias.

Rebekah
Old 2005-12-08, 8:27am

House of blues, Ocelot spots, tutti Frutti, and fuschia mixed with a bit of sour apple and a pinch of tuscany olive.

I have pics somewhere will post when I find them again.

I love frit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-12-08, 9:38am

I like Val's Mood Swing frit....haven't tried it with silver, though. (Here is it over white...simple yet I think it's a very rich, warm look!)

Old 2005-12-08, 9:42am
Just me

You are asking me to pick a favorite? Why don't you just ask me which of my kids I love more? Lol just kidding.

Um Boro Bora is a lot of fun with silver foil, encased and I use a green aventurine mix I put together A LOT. Makes a pretty sparkly base for encased florals. (my favorite beads to make)
Here's a pic, of course you can't see the sparkle though.

Last edited by Bubbyanne; 2005-12-08 at 9:44am.
Old 2005-12-08, 10:45am
Mr. Cellophane

Ocleot Spots yummmy. I love this stuff.
Can you buy it by the pound???? Hum I wonder???
The Libster aka Libby
________
Cavalier
Attached Images

Last edited by Libby L.; 2011-03-30 at 2:51am.
Old 2005-12-08, 10:49am
I WISH I had that figure!

Rachel - When you say "k-13" where are you getting this? What brand is it? Where doyou get it?

My eBay auctions:
Old 2005-12-08, 11:00am

Hi. I get that color from hotglasscolor.com. thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 2005-12-08, 12:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby L.
Ocleot Spots yummmy. I love this stuff.
Can you buy it by the pound???? Hum I wonder???
The Libster aka Libby
I was going to say all of it but Ocelots spots is one of my top TOP loves. Val had studio packs of it at one time and I got one then and wish I had bought more. I don't need the little jars, I need large quantities of the FRIT!!

::;sigh::: THEN all the rest of it....

Martha
Old 2005-12-08, 2:54pm

I think Val has some Ocelot spots for sale right now.
Old 2005-12-08, 2:59pm

Howdy from the frit-challenged! When you respond with your favorite frit could you please say where you get it from? Thanks!!!!

Old 2005-12-08, 3:02pm

I just ordered some of this in cane. Can't wait for it to get here. Do you use it with silver or by itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontHallGlass
Z-99 Purple rose. Hands down. It's beautiful and glossy and violet and makes me wanna sing arias.

Rebekah
Old 2005-12-08, 3:09pm
Glassy Lady

Reichenbach 108, aka raku frit, hands down.

BTW, I sell over 90 different frits in my ebay store.

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO
Old 2005-12-08, 4:46pm
Booger #7

R108 and I'm a huge fan of Val's Tutti Fruiti and hmmmm copper blue!
Attached Images

Old 2005-12-09, 10:15am
I WISH I had that figure!

Wow - Rachel - do you buy a kilo at a time?? WOW

My eBay auctions:
Old 2005-12-09, 10:22am

no, I buy the 2 oz. jars.
Old 2005-12-09, 10:52am
Fire Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbyanne
You are asking me to pick a favorite? Why don't you just ask me which of my kids I love more? Lol just kidding.

Um Boro Bora is a lot of fun with silver foil, encased and I use a green aventurine mix I put together A LOT. Makes a pretty sparkly base for encased florals. (my favorite beads to make)
Here's a pic, of course you can't see the sparkle though.
Bubby!!
I've never seen one of your beads.
That is beautiful!

Hols

Old 2005-12-09, 10:56am
ManBearPig

Blue Moon or Amazon Bronze.

Of course, I'm a boro worker primarily....

Old 2005-12-09, 11:11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm
Reichenbach 108, aka raku frit, hands down.

BTW, I sell over 90 different frits in my ebay store.

I think R-108 is my favorite too, although, I also love the blends - Boro Bora from Val is also a favorite with or without silver. And Alex I just bought some R-108 & R-106 from your store and it was at my house 2 days later - you are great!

GTT Bobcat + Tanked O2
Old 2005-12-09, 11:55am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontHallGlass

Rebekah

I second that! I have a kilo of it. And yesterday I got a shipment of the cane! WOO HOO

Old 2005-12-09, 11:57am
Glassy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaQ
I think R-108 is my favorite too, although, I also love the blends - Boro Bora from Val is also a favorite with or without silver. And Alex I just bought some R-108 & R-106 from your store and it was at my house 2 days later - you are great!
Thanks! I try to get stuff out the door the same day it's paid for because I know that people NEED frit. LOL

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO
Old 2005-12-09, 12:00pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Here are some beads made with a custom frit blend that has the Z-99 in it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESO:IT

Old 2005-12-09, 12:06pm

I really like the Bluehealer "Razzleberry" and made a bunch of it up for the studio...Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2005-12-09, 12:15pm
on hiatus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm
Thanks! I try to get stuff out the door the same day it's paid for because I know that people NEED frit. LOL
It's great to be able to see what others do with frit.. there's so much to choose from, it's overwhelming sometimes.

Wow! I love Val's mood swing, really pretty.

Babs - beautiful floral!!

Lib - wonderful ocelot spots, I'm just learning how to use that frit. the bead with the trim is very elegant.

Sue, beautiful beads - I'm going to have to use my tutti frutti, beautiful colors

Deb - the green and purple... yummy those look wonderful together. great job!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love aurora yellow- or it's yellowish aurora. It makes a soft gold brown background.

I bought a lot from Alex. Alex your service has always been great and I really appreciate the sample beads in the pic.

Steph

Last edited by Steph'sBeadCorner; 2005-12-09 at 12:22pm.
Old 2005-12-09, 5:12pm

I have to vote for some of Glass Diversions Frits.

I agree with Bubbyanne choosing a favorite would be like choosing a favorite child. I like Blueberries and Cream, Jazzy Jewels and Monet real well. I also like apple red. I'd post some pictures but none will do them justice, at least not in my pictures. I like that she posts which ones are fussy and which ones aren't. I can't do fussy. I scum them up, oxidize them, you name it every time.

I'm going to order some more soon. I'd really like a tie-die in opaques. With a range of colors, orange, yellow, red, blue, green. I haven't really seen the combo I'm looking for yet.
Old 2005-12-09, 5:55pm
koregon

gosh hands down, everyone probably knows what it is........

raku in all forms....r-108
depending on core and application it can be so different, I LOVE IT

Old 2005-12-09, 7:50pm
all for the love of glass

I like them all..except Lt tobacco..I have to say all I do with that is burn it. Does anyone have any pics of what that's 'supposed' to look like?
One of my favorite is 'Festival of Lights'..I just finished a set using that on lt ivory.

and another that I use all the time is 'Indian Summer'..this is on pea green

It just so happens that both are from Spiral Dance, but Robins at Glass Diversions are just as delicious!
These are 'Purple Delight' on sea green..

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2005-12-11, 6:28am

Val's Silverlake - here it is on U-96 black base, silver leaf and silverlake!
Attached Images

Old 2005-12-11, 9:45am

Wow. Where do you get "festival of Lights?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamemoth
I like them all..except Lt tobacco..I have to say all I do with that is burn it. Does anyone have any pics of what that's 'supposed' to look like?
One of my favorite is 'Festival of Lights'..I just finished a set using that on lt ivory.

Old 2005-12-11, 9:46am

I love Val's Silver Lake too.