No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-08-05, 5:29pm
Debra Clutter

Default Make Your own Arm rest!

I am in the process of redesigning my work area and I wanted some new arm rest. I took a look on the internet and found these.
Gel arm rest for computer chairs!
This one is about $79 for a pair

This one is $20 for a pair

My plan is to attach them to the front of my bench sideways and have my hubby create an adjustable attachment that can me moved in or out.
I thought this would work well. They also have an arm rest that will attach to your table.

http://chairarmpads.com/ergorest-arm-support.html

I ordered some. If anyone is interested in seeing how it works out, let me know!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2011-08-05, 6:01pm

Seems like a good idea, I'll have to keep this in mind!

Old 2011-08-05, 6:09pm
I fart diamonds

I have these and love 'em! Very portable.

http://www.jewelrytools.com/eurotool...-ARM-REST.html

I paid $25 for a pair here in the GS but similar ones would be easy to make.

Old 2011-08-05, 10:55pm
Debra Clutter

Shawnette I like that idea too! Thanks for the picture!

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2011-08-06, 12:25am

I have the ones like swawnette and I take them everywhere with me I can't torch without them

Old 2011-08-06, 12:26am

Does anyone know how to make wrist rests the ones like the ones on the creation station?

Old 2011-08-06, 9:45am

I have the ones like your last picture. They swivel every which way and hold very well to my table. I have used them for over a year now and am very happy I bought them.

Old 2011-08-06, 10:16am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Default Arm rests

dclutter,

if your dh is handy enough to make what you described you might want to have him do something like this.
Attached Images

Old 2011-08-06, 12:10pm
Debra Clutter

Cheg076
Yes he is pretty darn handy! I would be interested in seeing how you use this!

Here is the wrist rest he just made me. I like it because it is magnetic and I can position it where I need to. I find I use it a lot!

This is my current arm or elbow rest. I have duck taped pads and leather sandbags from my drafting days.

I am planning on moving out of the corner and setting up two work stations. So my husband told me to figure out what I want and he will build it. He is an excellent metal artist.
Here is one of the gates he made in our yard.

#C-108

Old 2022-12-11, 11:54pm

Default Arm Pads Solution

Old 2022-12-11, 11:56pm

Default Arm Pads Solution2

Old 2022-12-11, 11:58pm

Default Arm Pads Solution3

Old 2022-12-11, 11:59pm

Default Arm Pads

3D & 4D Armrests with comfortable PU Arm Pads --- office chair parts wholesale

Last edited by VivianWoung; 2022-12-12 at 12:05am.