Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-09-06, 2:08pm

Default September BOC Frit Challenge Drawing Contestants and Prize

September brings us the AWESOME news of the BOC winning the Pepsi grant! Let's keep making September a completely rocking month for the kiddos!

September Prize:
1oz Catch Me, I'm Falling
1oz Loetz Yellow/Gold
1oz Magic Gold Iris
0.5 oz Kugler Gold Aventurine

September Drawing Contestants

1. Pat France

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-09-06, 2:36pm
Obsessed Blogger

September is also Childhood Cancer awareness month!

::
Old 2010-09-09, 6:48pm
Queen Tut ;)

Just got my frit (really fast btw, awesome) and got a chance to test Stone Roses, which I'm liking alot. The thing is, I wasn't sure if I should send back the horribly ugly beads or put them in my ugly bin. I know I read the kids seem to go for the unusual beads, but we're talking hurlific. I do have a lot of frits to go through and I'm taking notes so it'll be awhile till I send them back, so no rush for an answer...would just like to know.

Old 2010-09-10, 1:47am
Evil Glass Enabler

Cool Hurlific beads

My daughter loves one of my most hurlific beads to the point of making me wire wrap it for her. Send them in.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Angelique

Quote:
Just got my frit (really fast btw, awesome) and got a chance to test Stone Roses, which I'm liking alot. The thing is, I wasn't sure if I should send back the horribly ugly beads or put them in my ugly bin. I know I read the kids seem to go for the unusual beads, but we're talking hurlific. I do have a lot of frits to go through and I'm taking notes so it'll be awhile till I send them back, so no rush for an answer...would just like to know.

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2010-09-11, 4:24pm
Obsessed Blogger

Should I tell the story of the kid who was feeling like poop one day and the bead they chose? True story, heard from a nurse.

Old 2010-09-12, 1:31pm

Yes! Tell the story, Lori!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-09-12, 1:34pm

Default Updated List

September Drawing Contestants

1. Pat France
2. Catherine Baca
3. Lana Chu
4. Chung Oh
5. Jo Rebeka

Leslie
Frit Happens...

Last edited by ThatFritGirl; 2010-10-07 at 1:56pm.
Old 2010-09-12, 1:49pm
And silence is golden

Can I be in on the drawing?
Old 2010-09-12, 3:34pm

Heck yeah! Come over to
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& play!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-09-12, 4:38pm
MacGalver

What a cool program! Leslie, I signed up for some BOC samples... will the package tell me where to mail the beads back to? Great way to check out new frits and do something for BOC at the same time!

Jo

Old 2010-09-24, 10:00am
Apparently Invisible

Quote:
Should I tell the story of the kid who was feeling like poop one day and the bead they chose? True story, heard from a nurse.
Still waiting for the story.....

Old 2010-09-25, 9:31am
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs up Poopy bead

Definitely need to hear the story and see the bead.

Angelique

Quote:

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2010-09-29, 2:41pm
Pyromaniac

I just ordered some samples for my open studio benefitting Beads of Courage on October 15th. Can you enter me in the drawing?

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2010-10-04, 6:32pm
Obsessed Blogger

Ha ha ha ha. I'm going to interview the nurse who told it for the blog and ask her to share it. Let's just say, the bead was brown.

Old 2010-10-05, 12:51am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Leslie, where are you????????? Have you done the drawing yet? have ya? have YA?
Just a tiny reminder....love you ......Pat
Old 2010-10-07, 1:52pm

Sorry guys! Will do the drawing tonight. Work's been pretty bad - there's a teen suicide pact going on down here, and the daughter of one of my co-workers joined her peers and was the first to do it. We're all in total shock.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-10-07, 4:15pm
Evil Glass Enabler

I'm so very sorry to hear this happened. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. *HUGS*
Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Old 2010-10-07, 4:37pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

How awful Leslie, I'm so sorry.

Old 2010-10-07, 6:14pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thoughts and heart are with you and your family, Leslie...don't even THINK about the drawing now...we are not going anywhere...so sorry..Pat