Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2013-02-21, 6:55pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Default Bail Tutorial question

hi
does anyone have or know of a bail tutorial for something that would work for a big hole bead? Something like this one I used a ring of seed beads but would rather have something I can make with silver or copper and if it could be changable that would be even more awesome!!
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/114159110 either free or paid......say in the 10.00 or less range....
Thanks
sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-02-21, 7:30pm
I fart diamonds

I just bought this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/58064226...utorial-guide?

The same technique can be used to make a bail. To make it changeable, you need a tap & die to thread the post.

Old 2013-02-21, 8:00pm
I fart diamonds

A couple of free ones:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9374547&type=3

http://daisychaindesignsjewellery.bl...-hammered.html

I think the second one could easily be adapted to make a nice simple donut bail.

Old 2013-02-21, 8:05pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Thanks Shawnette. They probably would but I really stink at this kind of stuff....... I need a step by step this is how you do it for a big hole bead tutorial LOL
anyone wanna make me a tutorial? I'll pay or trade
I have really got to get my butt in gear and learn some of this stuff.......I have all the tools LOL

Old 2013-02-22, 2:24am
I need a bench maid!

Talking Simple Wire Wrap

I know these pics aren't the best, being a quickie and all, but hope this might help you.
I did not have a big-hole bead, but used one of my 3/8" hole beads and some copper wire for this tutorial.
You can use any wire for these, even the soft, rubber-coated, colored wire since the whole thing is wrapped up and won't come lose.
Anyway - - I hope this will help in some way.

1 - - what I used - - bead, copper wire, nippers and round pliers.
2 - - wrap the wire around your round-nose pliers to the size you want for your cord, chain, etc. Wrap all the way around, crossing the wires, leaving one end short.
3 - - Bend back the wires with your pliers so that they both point down in the same direction away from the loop (bail) you just made.
4a and 4b - - - Trim up the short wire to the length you want the bead to hang down from the bail - - this length is up to you.
5 - - Bend back the long wire at the point where your short wire ends and start rounding it in preparation for wiring your bead on. I just bent this with my fingers, but using a tool would make a better right angle at the beginning bend.
6 - - The tricky part now - - wrap the wire through your bead hole and try to hold it as tight as possible, and with the loop at the top, to start wrapping up your wire. Could be slippery.
7 - - Wrap the wire as tightly as possible (I know I didn't do the greatest job here, sorry).
8 - - Finish wrapping all the way up those 2 wires, trim off excess wire.
9 - - Tuck in the end with your tool so there is no sharp edge.
10 - - And you are finished!

Old 2013-02-22, 8:07am
Mr Brutus RIP

Jeannie,
That is really cool, thank you! It just might work and doesn't look too hard to do.
THank you so much for taking the time!!!
sue

Old 2013-02-22, 9:28am
I need a bench maid!

No problem! Happy to do it!

By the way, forgot to mention at #9 or 10 - - when you are straightening the bail out and positioning it the way you want, you can grab it (by hand even) and twist it to tighten the wire that is wrapped around the bead so it's nice and snug.

Old 2013-02-22, 9:53am

Here's another one!
http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/201...-tutorial.html

Amy

Old 2013-02-22, 2:37pm

This is a nice one = http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/201...-tutorial.html