LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-06-23, 4:50am

Question Is there a chart for colors that sink?

Does anyone know where i would find a chart for colors that sink into other colors? And a chart for colors with copper and sulphur, i.e. that will react?
Old 2015-06-23, 5:03am
what's a senior moment ?

Never saw a chart for colors that "sink". Try using the "search this forum" for reactive colors. You will get ALOT of info.

Just found this as well. Been on here for a long time. http://users.zoominternet.net/~beadg...ce_effects.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dla; 2015-06-23 at 5:08am.
Old 2015-06-23, 8:09am
just another glass addict

The general rule for glass is that transparent colors sink and opaque colors spread out over the surface. Black is actually transparent. It is really obvious if you do fusing, but you can experiment with it. I have also seen information from bullseye about the copper and selenium (I think) colors and their reactions, but I'm not not sure if there is one for effetre. If I remember correctly there are quite a few similarities with effetre colors. Also if you're experimenting with opaques and transparents you might notice it is easier to manipulate surface decorations if they are on transparent glass. I hope that helps a little.

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-06-23, 9:35am
Dix Harrison

Oops. I first read that as colors that "sTink"--and mentally pictured glass that was scented like the scented markers.

It would be a cool idea, no?
Old 2015-06-25, 9:04pm
Glass-aholic

Kay's charts will show you that sorta.. It's just a matter of seeing which swallowed frit/took over the bead. Can't find the link.. Someone will chime in.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2015-06-27, 10:06am
It's all about the color.

How about I chime in here? Here is the link
http://listen-up.org/kitty/beads/frit.htm

What you are looking for is in the Extended Heating Column. I'm working on new CiM charts right now (going from 3 pages to 21) so look for that later this summer.

This one is CiM Hades. It sinks.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Last edited by Listenup; 2015-06-27 at 10:14am.

Tags
chart for color chemistry, reactive colors, sinking colors