Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2013-05-14, 12:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieann1674 View Post
This is an interesting thread. And I am curious about it now, as I just finished printing binding and spending more money on my Paid tutorials so that I can actually use them in my shop at my torch.

I think if I were to sell my studio, equipment, tools and books I would certanly think about my compilation of PAID tutorials, my personal notes, etc. But it does raise the question.

I think we have to remember that reprinting a tutorial and distributing for profit is a NO, NO and/or calling it your own.

But if I were to ask a friend of mine to put a tutorial of mine on their web-site for sale. I would be giving that person permission to sell it (for a profit or not) and distribute it.

It raised another question though....we have tool swaps here on the forum. And some forums have lending libraries....hmmmm.

Just makes me think. I personally wouldn't sell a tutorial for profit. If I had a friend here at the house and we were learning a new technique together and I had a tutorial that I purchased...I would let her read it and use it. Would you?
Hmmm, your question brings up another question to me. What if you are selling your studio with all the contents inside, You are not selling the books but they come with the studio. This can be a complicated issue.
Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

e-mail:
Old 2013-05-20, 8:37am
Loving learning

Do you mean like Corning? They have video of parts of their classes online, and it's great to watch someone really good work. I was watching Kristina Logan just last night (again):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlAU3FQmel4
Old 2014-03-05, 12:33pm

*sigh* I blew $75 on a set of three tutorials on Sunday, and although they are quite good, I didn't learn a thing from them. I guess I knew more than I thought I did. It kind of makes me wish I had bought a hard copy (like a book) so that I could resell them.
Old 2014-03-06, 7:33am

I agree. Sometimes the tutorial is just their personal technique (which they think is unique), only to find out that you already do it that way.

My price point is $12-$15. Anything more than that, and my expectations REALLY go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrassGlass View Post
*sigh* I blew $75 on a set of three tutorials on Sunday, and although they are quite good, I didn't learn a thing from them. I guess I knew more than I thought I did. It kind of makes me wish I had bought a hard copy (like a book) so that I could resell them.
Old 2014-03-06, 10:09am
Shelarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrassGlass View Post
You could ask the originator what their thoughts are about what to do with the tutorials. They might give you their blessing to re-sell.

Old 2014-03-06, 10:46am

you own them. you can sell them.
Old 2014-05-13, 9:00am

I think you are entitled to print and then sell one printed copy of any tutorial.. it's no different than a used book or magazine... Once you have sold the printed copy all electronic files and copies of it should be deleted.

Send me an email or a PM
I answer everything, any excuse not to do something useful!