Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2007-10-07, 6:59am
Molten Glass Addict

Just wanted to let everyone know Arrow Springs still has it on special at $199.00!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< me in my younger days

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie

Old 2007-10-08, 7:07pm
yukue fumei

how big is the flame on this torch? Is it comparable to the Mini CC?
Leah Fairbanks was mentioning that she just bought one and loves it and now after reading all this I am curious
(not that I would ever on my life switch from my GTTs, but a girl's curiosity gets the better of her sometimes LOL!)
Thanks!

nagi

Old 2007-10-08, 7:15pm
Is it May yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasstastic Treasures View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know Arrow Springs still has it on special at $199.00!!
I'm getting one!!!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2007-10-08, 10:08pm
Entropy increasing....

I used this torch all Saturday testing glass at Frantz. It's got a bigger flame than a minor, that's for sure, but it's still just as usable. I didn't have any trouble just sitting right down and using it. The flame is a bit wider than the minor, I thought.
Old 2007-10-09, 1:35am
yukue fumei

cool
thanks Kevan
Hmmm testing glass you say? anymore hints on what's ahead?

nagi

Old 2007-10-09, 2:19am
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
cool
thanks Kevan
Hmmm testing glass you say? anymore hints on what's ahead?
Did you see the thread Kimberly started about the new Vetrofond Odd lots?

Fall colors. Think leaves.
Old 2007-10-09, 2:32am

I'd like to hear how it runs on an oxy con and NG.
I have a betta and I like it but don't know much since I've never used anything else but a hothead. i want something bigger I guess but that can run as well with one oxycon.
I can do boro on this one but....i dunno....more power?
Lol...let us know how it does. Sounds like a great price too!
Irene

Old 2007-10-09, 7:10am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Did you see the thread Kimberly started about the new Vetrofond Odd lots?

Fall colors. Think leaves.
uh-oh.....

nagi

Old 2007-10-11, 5:30pm
Trying to Hope!

did we ever hear what kind of concentrator this will work on?

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-10-12, 6:12am
Madmanmarbles

I got my Mega yeasterday.. I am replacing my Minor on my Redmax with it today.. Can't wait to play...
Joe

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2007-10-12, 7:19am
Madmanmarbles

I just played with the Mega and it is (I think) an improvement over the minor. I found in a few minutes of playingthat It was much easier to get a nice hot oxidizing flame. I am working on tanks/propane, so sorry I can't answer any questions on concentrators or natural gas... I just had to leave the red heat sheild on.. it looks so good with the Redmax body....
Joe
Attached Images

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2007-10-12, 9:12pm
Is it May yet?

That does look GOOD together. I should be ordering mine on Monday, I can't wait!

Old 2007-10-19, 9:34am
PyronamixK

Peter never did send me the consumption data. I may have to acquire one of these torches to test for myself. I have quite the torch collection going.
Old 2007-10-19, 5:54pm
Madmanmarbles

I'm not trying to bum anyone on this torch.. While I think it is better than a Minor, I find I still can't get the Hot Oxidizing flame I want with it... I think I just need to change my whole torch setup... Anyone Got a Knight DragonFire laying around they want to swap me for.. (LMAO)

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2007-10-19, 5:58pm
Trying to Hope!

This will run on 2 5lpm machines I have spoke with Nortel as well as a tester of thiers who works it on 2 5lpm machines she says it works great ...I just thought I would share

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-10-21, 10:35am
Trying to Hope!

Well I got a chance to use this torch last night and I have to say I really dont see much diffrence between it and a minor. Maybe my minor was older and so the ports were already wider from cleaning it so much or something but it didnt seem to me to be wider or that much hotter.
I did see a diffrence in the way the candles looked more spread out but I couldnt crank it up and out the way I did my minor.
I will still be keeping it for a while to use as a detail torch but man I should have never sold my wildcat..........altho now I get to buy a little dragon

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-10-21, 10:37am
Trying to Hope!

but not to say this isnt a good torch it looks cool and does what it says it will I just had trouble with it getting a nice hot flame too.

I am also a huge flame loving momma and I should have know better then to try and move down once I moved up

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Last edited by Wendyki; 2007-10-21 at 10:58am.
Old 2007-10-21, 5:20pm
Button Queen

Well, I'll add my $0.02 in to the discussion. I have 2 different set-ups I generally use.
1. Minor on NG and under-powered 5lpm oxycon (at home)
2. Piranha on tanked O2 and propane (at camp)

I decided I just had to try out the Mega Minor. It came and I set it up and ran it this weekend using the following configurations.
1. NG and the above-mentioned underpowered oxycon - I felt it definitely ran hotter than the Minor on the same configuration. Not tons, but enough so that I'd go for the Mega Minor over the Minor. I could push the flame a bit more and get it a little bit hotter.

2. Tanked O2 and NG working with boro - Oh my! Again, I'd say it's hotter than the Piranha, but not a huge difference. Of course, I'm used to running the Piranha on propane and I was using NG (I didn't want to hook the propane up inside the house). I think if I was to use this torch on propane I could push it even hotter. And I also think it was easier to get an oxidizing flame on the Mega Minor than the Piranha.

For me the bottom line is:
I'm going to sell the Piranha and replace it with the Mega Minor. At some point in the future I'd like to go to a Bullet Burner, at which time I'll replace the Minor with the Mega Minor.
Old 2007-10-25, 5:25pm
Is it May yet?

I got my Mega Minor this week, and got to use it Tuesday. I only tried soft glass, but did notice that it was hotter. I made some sculptural pieces and they did take less time than 'normal' even though I felt I worked more on them. Not sure if that makes sense, but don't know how to work what I mean. (I use propane and tanked oxy.) I also noticed that I was bubbling some of my glass. I will try to get out tomorrow and have a go with the boro, and give my thoughts there.

Old 2007-10-30, 2:07pm
Broken

Nortel sent me one to try and I LOVE this torch! It's hotter and a broader flame than my regular minor. I used it today on one concentrator, next time I'll try tanked oxy. It keep smy sculptural pieces warmer without boiling the bejezzus out of them, I really LIKE this torch!

Old 2007-11-01, 8:05pm
Trying to Hope!

Yeah I have to pipe in again and say that after I sucked it up realized I did move down a torch and then tried to push this torch to its limits I realized I have alot more control with it then I ever did the wildcat.

I am overall happy with it now it just took me a few days I think I will be keeping it and staying with this is my all around torch. Its great on oxygen

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-11-13, 4:10am

Anyone running the Mega on just one 5 oxy? Trying to move away from a National. Will I like this? Thanks in advance!

Old 2007-11-13, 9:17am
Broken

Yup I am and I love it!!

Old 2007-11-21, 6:37pm

Does anyone know how the mega minor compares to the lynx?
Amy
Old 2007-11-25, 9:25am
Striking-impared...

I'd like to know, too. I'm guessing that it's somewhere between a bobcat and lynx, but I'm curious to know which one it's closer to.

I'd love to get a lynx (I have a bobcat), but I can't seem to scrape up the extra $$$ for it. If the mega minor is between the two, it would sure be a consideration for me.

Old 2007-11-29, 2:41pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I just ordered my Mega Minor from Arrowsprings. I'll be running it on NG with either one or two oxycons. I'll probably hook both up and see how I like it.

I'll let you all know how I like it!

Old 2007-12-02, 12:00am
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
Nortel sent me one to try and I LOVE this torch! It's hotter and a broader flame than my regular minor. I used it today on one concentrator...
I've been keeping an eye on this thread.

What is the minimum requirement of the oxycon?

How is it compares to mini CC?

Sorry for all that questions, I need to know how much $$$ I have to save to get dual torch and oxycon. (at the moment I'm considering mini minor and mini CC, but not sure if mini CC will be okay or not to run just with 1 oxycon)

Old 2007-12-02, 12:19am

Yunita,
Christine runs her Mini CC on one concentrator and she seems pretty happy and considering the size of bead she makes, it can't be too bad. She makes some whoppers!

Kym
Old 2007-12-03, 7:33pm

Has anyone gotten one of these yet? I ordered on the 13th and found out today that I'm number 6 on the next batch that goes out, whenever it comes in. If you've gotten one on here recently and had a chance to play with it, please tell us about it. Thanks

Old 2007-12-03, 7:44pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble newbie View Post
Has anyone gotten one of these yet? I ordered on the 13th and found out today that I'm number 6 on the next batch that goes out, whenever it comes in. If you've gotten one on here recently and had a chance to play with it, please tell us about it. Thanks
Who did you order yours from? I just ordered mine from Arrowsprings on the 28th? I haven't heard anything about a delivery date yet.