LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-10-08, 4:44pm

Default Torch & Marver - Gallery & Studio

I've posted in the bathroom a couple of times about a joint venture that SkippyStretch (Val) and I have fallen into recently. Here is a pictorial of what has been going on.

We're opening up a glass consignment, retail and specialty lampwork supply shoppe. We will feature classes in flameworking, fusing, coldworking and jewellery making on a periodic basis as well. It's going to be FABULOUS ... and here's only some of the reasons why!

These pictures are from two days ago. They show the outside of our space, the front foyer, the inside "reception area" and "false door" in the gallery and a small part of the gallery floor looking toward the "wall" of the studio.

Then, we changed it (but that's for a post or two from now).
Attached Images

Old 2011-10-08, 4:46pm

And a few more of the things we've dug up in the past week for inclusion in the studio...
Attached Images

Old 2011-10-08, 4:49pm

Good for you,I wish you success in your new venture,look forward to hearing how your shoppe is doing in the future,keep us posted please!
Old 2011-10-08, 4:49pm

Today, we changed some of this up a little. It's much happier now. More happiness will be had in the coming weeks as we move in and set up for our November Grand Opening!

The walls coming down. The new space, wide open and with a torching table already waiting to be all set up!
Attached Images

Old 2011-10-08, 4:50pm

There's a spruced up view outside too, thanks to our neighbour, the florist!
Attached Images

Old 2011-10-08, 7:00pm
shirts

WOW!!! Things are moving FAST!! It is looking great!! Keep the pictures coming!
Old 2011-10-10, 7:12am
Somewhat out there!

That is so exciting. Best of luck.

Julianne
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-10, 7:50am
GlassDocNC

Fantastic! I wish you the best of luck!
Old 2011-10-10, 8:14am
Critter Mom

How exciting for you both and it looks like a wonderful building. Best of luck with your new venture and with your Grand Opening celebration

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-10-10, 11:04am

WOW, Cheryl, its looking great!!! Can't wait to see it finished and up and running!!!

Old 2011-10-10, 5:55pm
Sam I Am

Very cool Cheyl
Sam

Old 2011-10-15, 7:21pm

It was fun watching Cheryl painting in High Heels last night. Painting almost complete, back window taken out to move the front counter into the building. A few more antique displays being picked up tomorrow. Propane man Dan will be assessing the best and proper certified set up next week. Hopefully exhaust and intake will be the big project in the next 2 weeks. Moving along fast, but still a little behind schedule.

It was a real treat Friday night to have the Manager from the Beamish House next door, come over and take our orders for dinner and deliver it to us 1/2 hour later. Our first dinner at the Torch and Marver, sitting at the torching table with the smell of fresh new paint, Cheryl eating Grilled Catfish, and I with the famous Beamish Burger, thank you Kelley, you made our evening.

Val

Old 2011-10-15, 9:36pm

Bwahahaha, you know, my iPhone takes pictures Val (and, I don't mean self portraits either).

Things are really beginning to come into some focus with furnishings, lights etc. being looked after. We get more furniture tomorrow and even more Monday/Tuesday. Tomorrow, we scrape up the paint "someone's" high heels tracked all over the floors off. I guess my roll will be one of supervision since I have been banned from "cutting in" duty, I will be so happy when painting is done, art begins to arrive and we can have some fun getting creative with the displays!

I have some new pictures of the pandemonium in the studio today. Must get them uploaded. Hopefully, I will have some even better ones tomorrow.

Last edited by Torch&Marver; 2011-10-15 at 9:59pm.
Old 2011-10-18, 3:35am

Paint is off the floors, Paint is complete on the walls, displays are on their way to be set up, life is good.

Have to find the proper exhaust fan, hopefully today we can settle on that.

Then the Propane hook up. Then the Fireman Jim certification. We are getting there.

Val

Old 2011-10-19, 3:56pm

So, here is the paint job from a few days back, the light fixtures (not the greatest pics, sorry - only had my iphone handy!). FTR, the paint job is finished now. Val paid someone else to do her part around the ceiling of the chimney wall.
Attached Images

Last edited by Torch&Marver; 2011-10-19 at 4:07pm.
Old 2011-10-19, 3:58pm

And some from today!

I nearly forgot to post the amazing OLD torches we found! (I'm thinking the GTT brothers might have some fun mounting actual torches in them but I haven't gotten past the thinking stage as yet) heh.

New cabinetry and some incredible fabric for valance curtains (we don't want to cover up those gorgeous windows, but it's a nice finishing touch!). The pics do not do justice to this fabric - it's a very deep, rich eggplant which shimmers different colours depending on the light, nor do the photos capture the gorgeous rosewood of the display cabinets...
Attached Images

Last edited by Torch&Marver; 2011-10-19 at 4:57pm.
Old 2011-10-19, 4:15pm

Oh wow, that is coming together nicely. Just looking at your torches, I turned around and have one very similar in my office. The pump action is on the handle which also appears to be brass. How cool is that! Can't wait to see it all put together. Love the display cases!

[url="https://www.instagram.com/nohlineartjewelry/]
Old 2011-10-19, 5:22pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Very spiffy, congrats!

~
~
~
Old 2011-10-19, 5:45pm
Fire Monkey

It looks so interesting!

Old 2011-10-19, 7:15pm

You are really working hard on this. Here is to a finished studio and many students coming to you both.

Rose Leslie
Old 2011-10-19, 9:28pm
Hat or Cake?

Wow, Cheryl. Just wow! Maybe I need to think about a trip to Port Hope!! My cousin is in Lindsay, I should visit and then bring her, too.
Beth
Old 2011-10-20, 3:25am

We are also hosting a small Kidz Korner for 2 young ladies, Cheryl's daughter Jazz and my niece Aislyn, 8 and 10 respectively. Both girls have been making their own Jewelry for some time. The 2 will be responsible for display, stocking, cleaning, etc on their shelves which we designated as their place. They are so excited, it is a great thing to see. We'll see how it goes, LOL.

Val

Old 2011-10-20, 4:02am
Growing Edge Glass

Wow..I just found this thread...this is so exciting and I love that you're taking us all with you as you set up your shop...thank you!!

Can't wait to see more pics!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-10-20, 4:27pm

It's absolutely wonderful that you are moving so fast in the right direction. You guys are going to have a wonderful place. It isn't just dreaming. You have such wonderful ideas that are happening through lots of hard work.

Congratulations on the new business. Great name, too!

Yvonne
Old 2011-10-20, 6:31pm

Cheryl, Your new studio is simply charming! It looks like the warmest, friendliest place to come and learn glass. I hope it's a great success for you two!

Old 2011-10-20, 6:38pm
And silence is golden

I'm looking forward to seeing the final pics when it is all put together.
Old 2011-10-21, 6:49pm
Critter Mom

Your new shop is coming together beautifully, love the color scheme. It does look warm and inviting.

Old 2011-10-22, 11:20am
honorary bead lady

Love the old plumbing torches
Old 2011-10-23, 10:40am

Two pickup trucks filled with studio furniture just pulled out of my drive en route to the new studio! It finally feels official that this is really real

Tomorrow night, we will go in and begin to load the furnishings with studio related gear (provided it is all strapped to the walls, etc.). After that, we have only a wee kitchen area, a sink, a fan and some propane/oxygen lines to finalize! We are very close now... I know my current state of bone tiredness (and bruisedness! Wow! My legs have no fewer than a dozen bruises from furniture moving!) but it will be worth it in the end!

My daughter is happy I am home for the first day in a week. It's snuggle time...
Old 2011-10-23, 11:23am
Loving learning

What a great space, great neighbors to welcome you so warmly, and I hope you have an excellent grand opening soon! Good luck as you get your venture going!