Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2013-05-25, 4:01pm
The Andrea Half

Default Flooding, Loss of Power at That Frit Girl

(Reposted from another thread) Hey, all, I just heard from LEslie -- she called me with the last of her cell phone battery.
She is okay, but San Antonio and Bulverde has gotten more rain than she has ever seen -- and I was there for the floods of 2007, which isolated her neighborhood and washed out roads. Power is out all over the area, so she can't check the internet for orders or email or notify people, and phone lines are down all over the place; she doesn't have a land line. She can't even reach her job at the post office -- the roads are flooded. At the time she spoke to me there was no eta for restoration of phone or power. And according to the NAtional Weather Service, they may get another 2-4 inches tonight:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her house is on high ground, but it is on a slope. The house itself has good water runoff, but the studio is a mess. She said it was flooded (I know the layout, and I don't think there's standing water, but I can definitely see water running off the hill following the path of least resistence THROUGH the building -- the back part of the studio was originally a place for larger tools, and has a side rolling garage door, not a standard door.

As I said, she's okay, as is everyone else, but she has no clue when she will be able to fill orders, and asks everyone to please hang tight. If she follows her usual practice, when she CAN communicate, she will, and she will likely make the delay good in some way. However, this is an Act of Weather.

Seriously, folks, if there is water over the road and it is moving, don't cross it even if you can see the center line for part of the way. 5" can float a car. I know this from experience!

Here's recent reportage, with images:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leslie is in Bulverde, in Comal County.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-26, 5:28am
Senior Moment

Thanx for the update Andrea; glad to hear Leslie is ok! What a mess though

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-05-26, 8:52am
The Andrea Half

Everyone's having trouble down there. When it rains in Texas, it RAINS. Of course, in true Leslie fashion, her last comment was, "Well, Mike and I have to rewire the garage anyway, and we would have had to cut power completely to do that, so we're going to get that job done while we have the opportunity."

All the same, she was very worried about completed orders, pending prders, incoming orders ....

Here is an updated story discussing the historical severity of the rains. And Leslie hasn't gotten the worst of it -- she has "only" had 5-7 inches.

Last edited by FourTailsLampwork; 2013-05-26 at 8:57am.