TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the BEST glass vendor?
Arrow Springs 213 19.02%
CR & Loo, Inc 17 1.52%
Frantz Art Glass 421 37.59%
Howaco Glass 147 13.13%
islandglass!!! 88 7.86%
Jo-Del Glass 47 4.20%
LBSupplies 113 10.09%
Moretti and More 208 18.57%
Sundance Art Glass 38 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-11, 9:02am
"Sinners have soul too"

Hi Angela,
Congrats on your first bead sale... it's very exciting isn't it? I still get a thrill when someone buys my beads
I'm on the west coast but I carry all colors of Moretti/Effetre, alot of the Vetrofond colors, some of the CiM and Lauscha clear... along with lots of frit, enamels, tools etc. I generally ship the same day, depending on the time I get the order and I ship USPS Priority (3-4 days).
If there's something you want and don't see it on the website send an e-mail or a phone call and I'll let you know right away if I carry what you're looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-05-11, 9:13am

Try Frantz Art Glass - they have discounts according to the amount you buy.

Also, LB Supplys. They have everything and the best customer service to boot.

I'm sorry, but ordering from a supplier that charges more the less you buy really irritates me. Esp. since most suppliers charge the same per quarter, half and full pound depending on the color. For example, charging more per rod than anyone else, and 5 single rods add up to more than 1/4lb (even though there are usually about 5-6 rods in a 1/4lb.), and more if you buy by the quarter pound rather than a lb. There is also a supplier that is having a sale right now that charges much more per 1/4lb than anyone else, but less per lb. I just wan to give yo ua heads up b/c you're new. This isn't mean to offend anyone.
Old 2007-05-11, 9:21am
"Sinners have soul too"

I also give 25% @ 5#, 30% @ 10# and 35% @ 20# discounts... charge the same for 1 rod or 10lbs... and my prices are equal to Frantz

Old 2007-05-11, 11:29am

Hi Terameg and Donna,
Like you Terameg it drives me crazy when I have to buy more than I want or need to get the best price. All the major "big box" stores, Lowes, etc., do it and I won't shop there unless I can not find it anywhere else and even then I hesitate.
Anyway thanks for the heads up. That's partly why it takes so long to place an order checking for $@%&^! like that!
Donna, I would be happy to give you a call.
I'll PM you.
Angela
Old 2007-05-16, 6:49pm
Burning Fingers!

I don't see GlassSmith in Victoria B.C. on your list. Carol and Tim are fabulous - great customer service. I'm new to lampworking, but have dealt with a few suppliers, and they are all for the most part good, but GlassSmith is the best in MHO.
Old 2007-05-18, 10:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Irish Girl View Post
Snip:
I didn't realize that so many on this forum also are supply vendors......guess I need to read the sig lines more carefully.....I admire each of you - I can't even get myself in gear to figure out how to BUY on eBay let alone list/sell....guess that's why I've got BOXES of beads in my studio!
Hi there, I had to tell you, I'm in the same place. E-Bay is a different planet to me. In fact I won't even try to buy glass on there yet.
As far as listing or selling, I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to get pictures from a digital camera uploaded, much less take them, much less set it up, and lord knows what else you have to do.
For now I'm just trying to spend a little time there every day or 3 picking up bits of knowledge here and there. I don't want to stress about it and I'm hoping I'll learn by osmosis. Is that even the right word?
I admire everyone who knows how to do it too.
Angela
Old 2007-05-18, 10:29pm

Now that I have received my first order from The Mandrel, ie; Zen-mom I just had to give it my vote.
I e-mailed Donna about 5pm her time on a Friday, she called me right away (to save me the cost of the call) had everything on my wish-list, packed it nicely, and got it out that day!!!

And if you can't find something you need else-where, ( I sure was having a hard time) The Mandrel just might. But I woudn't go by the web-site (unless it's changed since then) because she has stuff in stock that isn't on there.

If I was making my very first purchase this is where I would want to call because it's like talking to a friend who has the knowledge about the industry.
It bothers me when a company doesn't have much knowledge or even information about what they are selling, especially when it is big ticket item like a torch or oxygen concentrator. But I'm getting off track here.

I really like it when I can do my tiny part in buying from someone who has the courage to make that leap of faith and go into business for themselves as Donna has.
And to top it off, she sent something I wanted to try for free too!
Angela
Old 2007-05-21, 8:13am
Booyarashaka

www.mountainglassarts.com - great guys and very very fast shipping.

"Temet Nosce"

Old 2007-05-23, 11:49am
~raven~

[quote=ziggys;1162459]Hi there, FWIW my opinion of Delphi is that prices are too high. They are great people and so helpful but I can't afford the cost.

i realised that after, but at the time didnt know many other suitale suppliers...i go there to find what i want because their ebsite is easy to navigate, then i find what i want and go to another site to order thas cheeper
Old 2007-05-24, 5:17am

Tecnolux in Brooklyn NY is now carrying Moretti, and more soft glass to come. They carry all the boro colors, and simax clear. I like these guys, have been with them for years. Joe is the man to talk to www.tecnoboro.com My other favorite for everything else under the sun is Ross with ABR imagery. He has it all, and then some, really nice guy as well, and on top of the game. www.abrimagery.com

Who I will never order from again? Jo-del glass and Sundance.
-chris

Old 2007-05-30, 7:58am

We are going to have a big sale on Moretti and Boro glass this Sunday at my studio if you are near CT. Details will be on the website today. I guess this is a good place to post this.

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-05-30, 10:30am
mystical cat lover 56

Thumbs up

I want to thank Jamelyn from Howaco Glass - The package I ordered was
lost in the mal and she is going to replace it without any fuss !
THANK YOU !!!! Jamely Lyn
Old 2007-05-30, 11:16am

Now THAT is good PR!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-08-18, 7:23pm

Donelle at Moretti and More is fabulous. Flametree (Maureen) and Trevsglass (Phyllis) are great merchants also. Frantz art glass has good prices.
Old 2007-08-18, 7:39pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieSue View Post
ABR Imagery: http://www.dichroicimagery.com/

They pack great and ship fast!

Debbie
YEAH! They are GREAT! They carry a wide variety of brands, and they ship like lightning. Sometimes my glass is here the next day - but I live about 2 hours away! This is a great place if you live in the mid-west.

Old 2007-08-18, 9:10pm
Spare Time Designs

I vote for Arrow Springs. I am lucky enough to live just 15 minutes away from them and have been in and out of their place many times. I took my first class there and have one of their kilns also...everything is always great! They are always helpful and friendly.
Old 2007-09-05, 6:36pm
geekitude on two wheels

Nice to see some peple cheering for Nortel; I ordered from them about 7-8 years ago when they were still getting the early glitches out and haven't ordered from them since. They were apologetic, but it took more than 6 months to get me my order of a few tools and 1 rod of every colour moretti offered at the time. Months would go by with out a phone call; I figure if you are going to take that long you could at least call! I was bummed since there aren't many sppliers in eastern Canada. I'd order again from Arrow Springs, Sundance, Glasscraft, Wale, Olympic, BeadFX. Frantz would probably be my #1 choice if their website wasn't so impossible, I like their service, they've got great selection & they're relatively close - but browsing there hurts my head & makes me grumpy.
Old 2007-09-15, 8:52am

I like CRLoo. Maybe it's because I live close and I can go there and get my supplies. I like the people who work there, and I think the pricing is good too. The more you buy, the less it costs.

Old 2007-09-17, 12:38am

ABR http://www.dichroicimagery.com/
Ross is great and answers all questions and will do his best to get you a deal.

Old 2007-09-17, 11:09am
On a good hair day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewdawn View Post
ABR http://www.dichroicimagery.com/
Ross is great and answers all questions and will do his best to get you a deal.

Ditto

Old 2007-10-15, 7:29pm
Oooooh Baby!

WALE APPARATUS. Great products, great customer service.

Old 2007-10-17, 3:45pm
Glass-aholic

oouuu... this popped up again!!! I ordered from 3 of the suppliers on this list in the past month, most in the past 2 weeks. Arrow springs was my LAST order and days (weeks for some) after my others. Everything arrived in the past few days. My Arrow Springs included!!! Talk about turn around time!!! Arrow springs continues to ROCK MY GLASSY WORLD!!!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2007-11-24, 8:11am
The "L-Shack Studio"

I use Arrow Springs, but was very happy with Jo-Del recently.
Now, this thread has opened my eyes to other possibilities,
Thanks,
Renee
Old 2007-11-26, 11:01pm
You talkin to me?

I second this.....

Deonne has got to be the best.... she is the most helpful, she has the best customer service, she aims to please, and she will do whatever it takes to make you a happy customer. I order with her and she is awesome, every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Bridgetown for BE.

Sungirl (Deonne) on ebay for Moretti.

I work on a Minor burner, with an oxy-con and household natural gas
Old 2007-11-27, 7:25am
moth to the flame

I third it Melissa!

Deonne is great - excellent communication and lightning fast shipping everytime!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.

Last edited by BeadMaven; 2007-12-09 at 12:16pm.
Old 2007-12-05, 2:02pm

Seems to me, all other things being equal (like price and nice folks and good service) then the issue is, how much is the carbon footprint to ship? The environmentalist in me says it's best to order from the supplier closest to home. Just my 2-rods worth... ~Jenny
Old 2007-12-09, 12:21pm
moth to the flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
Seems to me, all other things being equal (like price and nice folks and good service) then the issue is, how much is the carbon footprint to ship? The environmentalist in me says it's best to order from the supplier closest to home. Just my 2-rods worth... ~Jenny
Well the one closest to me never had the odds and they were always "out of the loop" when I asked questions about anything new - I was just learning and it seemed like they resented I was self taught. I got SO sick of that reply.

I have found I don't mind paying for the shipping because the friendly customer service and knowledge are worth it, and those attributes weren't offered "close to home" for me.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2007-12-09, 5:47pm

Just started using Mountain Glass Arts...WOW friendly and fast service. I also happy with Arrow Spring and Moretti and More.

Old 2007-12-15, 2:59pm

how about sundan e art glass--i ordered there and it seemed ok --ordered moretti glass
what do you all think
i am soooooo new ---but i am learning
Olivia
Old 2007-12-16, 11:35pm

I have gotten great swrvice at lb supplys. all my class labeled abd banded together. He was late on shipping once so made it up by giviving me extra . even works with you as I have began ordering boro he will let you order by 1/4 pound of each color.