Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2007-12-03, 4:24pm
William Hagy

Talking Winter Classes '08 William Hagy

2008 Winter Classes & Workshops
http://www.northwestglasssociety.org

Classes and Workshops

*New* Glass Pendant Workshop $95.00
February 9th (Saturday 10am-4pm)
Inst. William Hagy ****COMPLETED*****

This one day workshop will guide students into the various methods and techniques needed to make several styles of pendants. Working with borosilicate glass and a variety of color, students will be able to explore both contemporary shapes and abstract design to take home one of a kind lampworked creations. Students will be supplied with several color samples, dichroic glass, and clear glass. All materials will be supplied so just bring a lunch and spend the day making your own wearable glass art!

*New* Advanced Sculptural Class $295.00
CLASS POSTPONED TO MARCH 8th & 9th ****students with boro experiance welcome*****
Inst. William Hagy****1-2 SEATS AVAILABLE****

This class is designed for those who would like to explore sculpture using borosilicate glass. Throughout the class time there will be demonstration by the instructor as well as coaching while students work hands on. Techniques, design, as well as aesthetics will be explored in detail. This class is designed to give the student the confidence to make any concept or design, including small sculptures such as sea form, flowers, pendants and jewelry. Each student will be supplied with materials, hand tools, and safety equipment.

Goblets
January 26th & 27th (Saturday & Sunday, 10am-6pm)
Inst. William Hagy****COMPLETED****

This class takes students step by step into the process of blown glass focusing on form, technique and tradition. This class covers preparatory methods and finishing techniques needed for the production of blown glass vessels such as ornaments, goblets, and vases. In this two day class students will complete several small projects. Aside from demonstrations, tips and assembly, William Hagy shares his expertise in lampworking, taking students into advanced color and design to accentuate blown vessels. Ideal for those who have completed one or more of the other classes offered. *Tools, materials and safety equipment provided.

Boro Beads January 18th & 19th (Friday 6-8pm, Saturday 10am-4pm)
Inst. William Hagy ***FULL/COMPLETED***

In this two day class students will learn everything necessary to make lampworked boro beads. The class will begin with a discussion of safety, torch operation, then proceed into working the glass and use of hand tools. Students will be able to learn the fascinating art of making glass beads not to mention take home what they make! The basics of shaping beads, pulling stringers, applying dots, various surface decoration as well as some advanced techniques and tips. There will be plenty of time to practice and be coached behind the torch. If you have ever wanted to make your own glass beads this is a great class to start with. No prior experience is necessary. *Tools, materials and safety equipment will be supplied.

Hot Shop Classes

Dates available in Jan '08

One Day Class $250.00
5 hour class
Inst. Joel Nelson

This Class is designed for people who would like to see what glassblowing is all about. Through demonstrations students will learn the foundations of glass. Demonstrations will cover safety, solid worked glass like paper weights and some blowing will also be covered. Students will become familiar with tools, equipment, and the step by step process of working glass. Student will have finished pieces of glass to take home.
joel Students should bring: Sunglasses, pen, pencil and paper. Students should only wear cotton or other natural fiber clothing.
Supplies provided: Clear glass, tools, and some color.

Two Day Class $395.00
8 hour class + additional studio time*
Inst. Joel Nelson

This class will focus on both solid and blown glass work. Over the two days students should grasp the mechanics of the equipment, safety in a studio, the fundamentals of glass and its history. Tools, techniques and color will be covered in this hands on class. We will be focusing on team work and communication as those are the necessities for any glass artist. The first day demonstrations will cover solid worked glass using a variety of tools and techniques, students will understand solid worked glass ranging from paperweights to sculpture. Day two will cover blown glass. Through communication and team work, Students will be able to blow a finished piece to take home.
Students should bring: Sunglasses, pen, pencil and paper. Students should only wear cotton or other natural fiber clothing.
Supplies provided: Clear glass, tools, and some color.

*additional studio time will be provided outside of class time,students are responsible for glass materials outside of the furnace gathers.

Registration must be done prior to class or workshop dates to ensure you will have a seat as space is limited in any advanced classes to better provide students instruction as well as one on one coaching as needed. Classes do fill up so do not hesitate to call the office: (509) 893-1475, or contact us for registration invoice where you can make the payment online.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

50mm & 40mm Herbert Arnold Zenit Burners,Carlisle cc/cc+/mini,Liquid O2.

Last edited by Norskiglass; 2008-02-23 at 12:23pm. Reason: Updates
Old 2007-12-22, 3:59pm

I'm signed up and paid! Looking forward to the pendant workshop with you in Feb. I cannot believe how affordable this pendant workshop is for only $95!

Spokane is very fortunate to have you in the Art community here as an instructor.

Joan
Old 2008-01-04, 12:20pm
William Hagy

Joan you are the best! ~I would like to add there are seats available in the Boro pendant class.We will be covering stringer application,dichro,simple implosions, and hearts of course considering its Feb!!!

Enjoy!

~W~

Old 2008-01-07, 8:50pm

I have taken classes from Bill before and I signed upped for the pendant class I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve this time around. Looking forward to the class. Feb. is to far away.
Old 2008-01-10, 4:56pm
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRADERBABY View Post
I have taken classes from Bill before and I signed upped for the pendant class I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve this time around. Looking forward to the class. Feb. is to far away.
Never know what is up my sleeve since I have such long arms eh Sue!?!?

-looking forward to the private bracelet lesson with you too!

~W~

Three Seats Available in Pendants as of Jan 10th

Old 2008-01-19, 7:01pm
William Hagy

Theres a ~BumP~ with updates

Old 2008-02-07, 3:11pm
William Hagy

Updated for the pendant class....One seat open due to "winter weather" related injury.

~W~

Old 2008-02-10, 2:49pm

Wink Great Class Bill!

I just had the pendant class yesterday. It was fabulous, learned how to do 5 different types of pendants - the heart, dichroic freeform, vortex, flower implosion, flat doughnut shape. He even thru in a new hoop style for the pendants - he makes it look so easy haha, another year of practice for me tho. He also walks around and gives one on one help as needed. Now I have plenty of things to practice and excuses to go back to the torch!!!

Last edited by Mantis; 2008-02-10 at 2:50pm. Reason: who me - mispell?
Old 2008-02-18, 1:47pm
William Hagy

Thanks Joan! ~nad its just a few days away from your sculptural weekend and for those of you interested there is space available....

~Enjoy!

Old 2008-02-23, 12:27am

I had a really good time in the pendant class learned lots of new stuff. Have been in the studio as often as I can to practice everything. Like Joan said we learned alot and he was really good about helping out when needed. It was a very rewarding day. I have been having a lot of fun practicing trying to master at least one of the new pendants before moving on to the next one. Thanks Bill
Old 2008-02-23, 12:24pm
William Hagy

New dates for the Sculpture class people!!

~Thanks Sue!! you will get it just keep moving along

Old 2008-02-25, 8:36am
Cats & Glass!

Bill, if you offer the pendant class again, consider me a student.

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2008-02-26, 11:00am
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle Zorko View Post
Bill, if you offer the pendant class again, consider me a student.

Janelle
I will keep you in mind as the class updates will be out this week.

~I hope all is well there in DP!

Old 2008-02-26, 10:01pm
aka Deborah Spence

Hey William... Long time no E-Chat. I've seen your new web site (very nice) and I see you are, as usual, keeping busy sharing your talents!! I highly recommend William's classes!! The ladies.. ... still ask about you. You should see the new heating and air intake system I just had installed!!

Wishing you the best!
Deborah

Old 2008-02-27, 1:31pm
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassFirenze View Post
Hey William... Long time no E-Chat. I've seen your new web site (very nice) and I see you are, as usual, keeping busy sharing your talents!! I highly recommend William's classes!! The ladies.. ... still ask about you. You should see the new heating and air intake system I just had installed!!

Wishing you the best!
Deborah
Likewise Deb! ~I hope everything is running smoothly there in your studio and it was a great visiting there back in Sept! I will have to look at your page to see what you have changed up there with your ventilation ~heated air intake?

You mean we can set up 8 of my style torches now??

~Tell everyone I said hello for me!

~W~

Old 2008-03-03, 7:06pm

Default Really excited

about the sculpture class coming up this weekend!! Have taken several classes from William Hagy and he is the best! I have just recently learned how to make marbles and am starting to go beyond just making beads, so this should be a fun class!
Old 2008-03-03, 8:29pm

If you do another sculpture class I would like to know. I can't attend that one since I fly back from Korea Saturday. I should be over Washsington around 6am so maybe if I jumped....

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2008-03-05, 12:22pm
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ewing View Post
If you do another sculpture class I would like to know. I can't attend that one since I fly back from Korea Saturday. I should be over Washsington around 6am so maybe if I jumped....
There is a wide open field just a few short miles from the studio.....let me know so we can light some flares! lol!

There is a sculptural anatomy class coming up with a live model to work off of so you may keep in touch or check back here for dates.

~W~

Old 2008-03-09, 7:22pm

Default Sculpture class

Just finished an intense 3 day sculpture class with William Hagy. He is adept at teaching all aspects of glass work. All his demonstrations produce beautiful pieces! We first made clear fish, then moved to colored fish, seahorses, turtles, shells and more fish. Then he went over how to assemble and weld the pieces together and some composition theory. All the while, giving demonstrations and going from station to station helping us. Finally, he helped us all put together a nautical arrangement of our individual glass creations. Mine was an arrangement of 1 large shell and 1 small shell on top of a coral base with a fish that appears to be swimming by. It is so cool to go home with something that is not only pretty but that you made yourself.
I would recommend William Hagy's sculpture class to anyone. It was well worth the money and I learned alot!!
Old 2008-07-08, 10:53am

Hi! Any updates on a goblet class this fall?
Old 2008-07-30, 9:19am
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Hi! Any updates on a goblet class this fall?
Sorry I have not checked in here in a while as I have been immersed (fully) in some furnace work here in the studio......if the goblet class is not offered I would be happy to accommodate you one on one to better fit schedule.

~W~