Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Do you use your marver to shape your beads?
Oh yeah! i marver the heck outta them! 98 50.26%
I sometimes marver but mostly use heat & gravity 76 38.97%
i rarely marver, just use heat and gravity 20 10.26%
i don't use my marvers, i use custom forming tools 6 3.08%
What's a marver? 2 1.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-31, 1:52am
state-eternal change

Yes, Love my Osibin lentil shaper too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-09-13, 6:25am

Hey Ali! You MARVER those beads?? I thought you just eye'd them and used gravity and such

I voted for the second option, but its more like a combo of #1 and #2

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-09-26, 11:46am

A cross between one and two for me also. If I am making spacers or easy donut beads, I rarely touch a marver. Everything else, anything goes. although my all time favorite tool that I use every single time I torch is a handy little paring knife lol.

Old 2012-09-27, 1:31am
Mad about Glass

I never marver donuts but I do use a graphite mould to ensure that beads in a set of rounds or discs are all the same size. Couldn't live without my lentil press though, and, I use an Osibin shaper for cones and a paddle for barrels.

[url]

Old 2012-09-27, 6:07pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

I voted "Oh yeah! i marver the heck outta them!"

I love my torch top graphite marver and my graphite paddle. My husband made me the torch top and he adulterated the paddle with a hole in the corner so I could use it as a tail stock holder. My hands shake a lot so I desperately need all the help I can get!

I also love my CG Beadrollers - I have the one for donuts for regular mandrels AND the one for donuts for bhb mandrels.

I also gots me two Zoozii's presses, I'm getting pretty good with my little lentil press, but i have a ways to go to figure out how to use my seashell press. I think i just am not using enough glass for that.

And I poke, and pick, and tweezer, and groove, and rake the 'ell outta all my beads too.

I love tools.

~
~

#M-191