Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-06-09, 2:09pm
Renee

Default Green Tea help?

Hi everyone!
I hope one of you glass gurus out there can help me
I purchased a new odd lot color (?) called green tea- 591680. I've seen beautiful beads from this done on black and today when I did mine, the color is completly gone and instead of a black and green bead, I have a black and white bead. Also my stringers look a little on the lite side too Am I working the glass too hot?? I've never totally burned out the color on the rod before but I'm guessing that is what I did!

Thanks for any suggestions! Renee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2009-06-09, 3:45pm

It is a very pretty pale green on its own and a nice base color. Try it with silver colors like Black Pearl or Triton - it fumes to a gorgeous salmon color! Here is an example (with Precision Black Pearl).

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2009-06-09, 5:24pm
Renee

Very nice!

Old 2009-06-11, 3:49am

You need to work green tea *very* cool & not for a "really long time" if you want it to stay "green"...otherwise it does go pretty much "white".

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-06-11, 6:48pm
Renee

Thanks- I figured that I was working it too hot. Too pretty for that Renee

Old 2009-06-12, 10:17am

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarus View Post
It is a very pretty pale green on its own and a nice base color. Try it with silver colors like Black Pearl or Triton - it fumes to a gorgeous salmon color! Here is an example (with Precision Black Pearl).

-Diane
I love this color.
I worked green tea over Hades black and reduced it and got some really pretty varigated pinks. I'll try to attach a picture. Actually, I've never gotten green!! I'll have to try it with triton or black pearl because I do love that salmon color.

Whoa!! sorry it's so big!! I'll do better next time.

Last edited by mdimatteo; 2009-06-12 at 10:20am.