No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-09-24, 8:38am
Forever Grateful Beads

Default Best place to buy Lauscha?

I don't know if this is the right place for this tread, but any recommendtions for Lauscha suppliers?

Thanks a bunch!
Amy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-24, 8:41am
Tacki

Reenie @ Flame Kissed Glass!
Old 2009-09-24, 8:48am
Forever Grateful Beads

Thanks so much Traci for your fast repsonse!!! I had ordered Lauscha before and was curious about other vendors.

Thanks so much again!!!!

Old 2009-09-24, 9:15am
Butterfly Rancher

The Lauscha Lady, Grace Edwards http://www.lauschalady.com/ Even though she's in Canada, the shipping is fast.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2009-09-25, 4:47am

I buy all my lauscha from Paula at Flamedame.
Paula stocks a wide range of colours including rare and hard to find colours. She is very helpful and provides great customer service.

Liz

Old 2009-09-25, 5:36am
X-Country Mom

It's flamedame for me too

Mary Pat

Old 2009-09-25, 5:40am

Thumbs up Lauscha Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckah View Post
The Lauscha Lady, Grace Edwards http://www.lauschalady.com/ Even though she's in Canada, the shipping is fast.
Grace, is an AWESOME supplier. She is also very knowledgeable and willing to help. While in Ottawa this summer, I visited her shop and spend a few pleasurable hours on the torch.

She's a real sweetheart!!
Old 2009-09-25, 5:48am

The only experience I have buying Lauscha is from Reenie. Your close to her. She ships lightning fast. I am guessing when you order from her, you will have it the next day, or the day after. I have never received one single piece of broken glass from her. She packs the glass up very nicely. Great customer service too. If you have a question, she is always there to help.

Old 2009-09-25, 5:58am
Sorry for party rockin'

There's GlassDaddy too

Old 2009-09-25, 6:51am
Cancer SUCKS!

Ditto with Reenie

Old 2009-09-25, 7:49am
SCIENCE Teacher!

www.glassdaddy.com is the Glass Daddy site
Old 2009-09-25, 8:40am
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckah View Post
Ditto she is great and often has fantastic sales!

Old 2009-09-25, 9:40am
Torch Singer

Default Grace (Lauscha Lady) rocks!

Great variety, good prices, fast shipping!

Highly recommend her!

PS: She has Double Helix and Dave's BeadReamers as well!
Old 2009-09-27, 3:13pm

*sometimes* you have to order from more than one vendor to get ALL the colors ('cause Grace has colors--certain PINKS--that Paula doesn't get, & Paula gets colors that Reenie doesn't get, & Reenie will have something in stock....and....yeah, I get my Lauscha in little batches ....I Lauscha!!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-09-28, 8:13am

All of these dealers ship fast and have good customer service!
But Lauscha being Lauscha not all dealers have the same colors at the same time. That is because Lauscha makes a color once every few years and sometimes they never make it again (such as the pinks!). Or even if they are going to make it again the dealer may run out first and not be able to get any more until they make it again. We do offer Lauscha by the rod if you want to try out just a few colors and we do have some "odds" that other dealers don't have.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2009-09-29 at 11:11am.
Old 2009-09-29, 12:54am
offically down under

As someone who has to deal with overseas shipping, Paula at Flamedame has been great to deal with. She packs as much as possible into a flat pack with every rod arriving in one piece and is great with the communication. She has really gone the extra kilometer for us Aussie beaders.

Old 2009-09-29, 1:22am

Ditto what Tammy said. I have received excellent and very fast service from Flamedame!
Old 2009-09-29, 3:07am
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

Can anyone help with this as well...........What about dealers for UK lampworkers? Does anyone know in europe who stocks it so we don't have to pay the customs and import duties? Hope no-one minds me asking that in this thread.

------------------------------------------------

~ SRA#L-88
Old 2009-09-29, 7:50am
Broken

Michelle I'd try Grace customs from Canada isn't as bad as customs from the US (or so I'm told). Her prices are great, she's always got a good sale going on and she often sends color samples.

Old 2009-09-29, 7:59am

Thanks Nicker but it's the customs our end that hit us really bad.......... would love to buy overseas but the high delivery price and then our customs 15% of the overall cost which also includes the delivery cost which I always found to be so unfair - why should we have to pay tax on delivery? And then they charge holding fees and duties which before now have cost me a further £20. I would have to try and buy a huge order to cover the cost of the import charges and i sadly don't have money to do a huge overseas order. I would just love to have some lauscha glass I don't have any and have never tried any.

~ SRA#L-88
Old 2009-09-29, 8:58am

Thank you for your kind words Aussie friends. You are all GREAT to deal with!

Michelle please contact Carol Anne at Lauscha. She can get the glass you need. Lauscha does sell retail. I have her email address if you need it. Maybe shipping from Germany will be cheaper and maybe you can do a bulk buy. A big part of the cost of glass is shipping.
Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2009-09-29 at 11:09am.
Old 2009-09-29, 9:02am

Oooh thanks Paula I don't have her email address that would be brilliant and getting it from Germany will mean no import duties - yeahhh!!! Thanks!

~ SRA#L-88
Old 2009-09-29, 11:07am

Will pm you her email address. Great about no import duties!! Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-09-29, 7:27pm

Frank at Glassdaddy.com is a great person to buy from.