Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-02-20, 3:33pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleenMB View Post
Well darn! I just finally figured out I need Win7 to make this work. shoot. I have XP via Parallels and bootcamp. sigh.
no you dont, it works fine on XP - what is it doing to you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-02-20, 7:50pm

It keeps telling me I "Microsoft Access 2010 or the Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime must be installed before running this installation program. The MS Access 2010 Runtime can be d/l from the following:

r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidAccessruntime

OK I did the link it took me to Access runtime 2007, I d/l and installed.

Same message as before. So I searched for Access Runtime 2010 and got one link for a$139 program (sorry not paying) and then one that is free that says

"The Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime enables you to distribute Access 2010 applications to users who do not have the full version of Access 2010 installed on their computers"

Which probably is still the wrong thing.

god I hate windows.

sorry.

This is just beyond ridiculously frustrating.

Old 2012-02-20, 8:44pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleenMB View Post
It keeps telling me I "Microsoft Access 2010 or the Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime must be installed before running this installation program. The MS Access 2010 Runtime can be d/l from the following:

r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidAccessruntime

OK I did the link it took me to Access runtime 2007, I d/l and installed.

Same message as before. So I searched for Access Runtime 2010 and got one link for a$139 program (sorry not paying) and then one that is free that says

"The Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime enables you to distribute Access 2010 applications to users who do not have the full version of Access 2010 installed on their computers"

Which probably is still the wrong thing.

god I hate windows.

sorry.

This is just beyond ridiculously frustrating.
its ok, no biggie - its sending you to the wrong runtime for some reason - you need the 2010 runtime

go to this link to download the correct runtime

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ng=en&id=10910

then you should be fine

Old 2012-02-21, 1:53pm

Deb, thank you so much for the link. After 3 tries I finally found the correct file to download but STILL wasn't working. I hunted some more and finally either by accident or design found the SP update I needed.

So SM is now running on Parallels on my iMac! Once I have my Effetre colors logged in I'll try adding in the CIM and others. This may take a while as I tend to be not only a tool 'ho but glass 'ho as well.

Thanks again!

Old 2012-02-21, 2:30pm
Unmedicated since '62

ah, the dreaded service pack

glad its working now, feel free to ask any more questions

dont forget that back there somewhere ^^ is a post with all the CIM colour paddle shots

Old 2012-03-21, 8:30am

I have recently downloaded this amazing database but although I have Acess 2010 on my PC can only get it to install in a runtime (accdr) rather than an Access (accdb) format and I would like to be able to tweak some of the field sizes. ANy suggestions gratefully received as I would love to bea ble to use this but cant get all of my notes in a couple of the fields
Old 2012-03-21, 3:50pm
Unmedicated since '62

there was a problem with the note field - email me at debbie@perfectjewellery.com.au and i'll send you the updated version

Old 2012-03-23, 9:17am
working to pay for glass

does this work on a mac book pro ?
Old 2012-03-23, 11:12am

ONly if you're running Parallels or Windows via bootcamp.

Old 2012-03-23, 2:41pm
Unmedicated since '62

wot she said ^

there has to be some drawbacks to having a mac

Old 2012-03-26, 7:48am
Focus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
its coming - actually i better pull my finger out cos thats how i'm planning to pay to get to the gathering

every time i add something i get sidetracked and add something else...then that affects some part that i have to modify which then leads to another idea and i add something else - aaarrrgggg!!!
You are creating a new version? I'm such a mushroom Are you bringing it to the gathering? If so I'll get it then.
Cool, cool, cool! I just love this program ...

A-62

Old 2012-03-26, 4:07pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingle View Post
You are creating a new version? I'm such a mushroom Are you bringing it to the gathering? If so I'll get it then.
Cool, cool, cool! I just love this program ...
the new version will have some cool new features like tracking your beads but it will only be for sale (primarily to fund my trip to Seattle) $20

Old 2012-04-22, 7:26pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Deb, I started trying to load my glass into StashMaster, and I think I broke it... I got a couple of items entered with no problem, then I clicked something wrong, and now it's asking me for unit of measure constantly - when I first click the "Add or change my stash" button, then again when I choose the manufacturer, again when I choose the color. Any idea what I did? I've closed SM and reopened - I suppose I should have tried a reboot before I asked...

Great program - I'd love a version I can plug fabric into, will the sale version do that?

L-111

Old 2012-04-22, 7:29pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by eregel View Post
Deb, I started trying to load my glass into StashMaster, and I think I broke it... I got a couple of items entered with no problem, then I clicked something wrong, and now it's asking me for unit of measure constantly - when I first click the "Add or change my stash" button, then again when I choose the manufacturer, again when I choose the color. Any idea what I did? I've closed SM and reopened - I suppose I should have tried a reboot before I asked...

Great program - I'd love a version I can plug fabric into, will the sale version do that?
hmm, ok weird, does it still do it when you reopen it?

when it asks for UOM try hitting escape

UOM should be optional but put something in anyway

Old 2012-04-23, 5:46am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I rebooted, and it didn't change anything - Tech Support 101, should have done that first, but I had something open in another window I didn't want to lose before checkout - I mean, before I was finished... didn't fix the problem.

If I hit escape, it passes me through to the entry screen, but the bar across the bottom where you indicate "I want this glass" or "I have this glass" etc, is blank, and I can't get it back without backing out to the home page and starting over.

I only have a couple of dozen entries in so far, maybe I should call it quits, uninstall, download it again and start over?

L-111

Old 2012-04-24, 5:53pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by eregel View Post
I rebooted, and it didn't change anything - Tech Support 101, should have done that first, but I had something open in another window I didn't want to lose before checkout - I mean, before I was finished... didn't fix the problem.

If I hit escape, it passes me through to the entry screen, but the bar across the bottom where you indicate "I want this glass" or "I have this glass" etc, is blank, and I can't get it back without backing out to the home page and starting over.

I only have a couple of dozen entries in so far, maybe I should call it quits, uninstall, download it again and start over?
it does sound like a glitch in the software, nobody else has reported that problem (dont you just hate it when it does that) - i'd reload the program and see if it still happens

ah, wait a sec, you said you put some in and it was fine? just go back and check those entries to make sure you included a UOM in each one

ETA - i just tried stuffing it up that way and it worked fine - i'm not sure what you've done but before you wipe it would you mind sending me a copy of your DB so i can see, i might have to change something to avoid whatever the error was in the future

debbie@perfectjewellery.com.au

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2012-04-24 at 5:58pm.
Old 2012-04-24, 6:14pm
flight risk

Hi Deb-

I'm having problems with the "I have this much" field... every time I enter a number and then click somewhere else ( or save) it reverts back to zero. Please, what is the magic incantation to make this work?

Old 2012-04-24, 6:35pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinainmymind View Post
Hi Deb-

I'm having problems with the "I have this much" field... every time I enter a number and then click somewhere else ( or save) it reverts back to zero. Please, what is the magic incantation to make this work?

send it to me so i can have a look - addy in the above message

the database gremlins are partying

Old 2012-04-25, 6:15pm

Hi Deb, can i use this on a Linux based system ?

My name is Joy, but my friends call me Duckie
Shhh, i'm hiding from my boss

})I({
})I({
})I({
Old 2012-04-25, 6:17pm
Unmedicated since '62

cant see why not, can you use microsoft software?

Old 2012-04-25, 6:21pm

hmm, not sure i'll ask my DH. If not then i'll just have to install it on his laptop instead of mine

My name is Joy, but my friends call me Duckie
Shhh, i'm hiding from my boss

})I({
})I({
})I({
Old 2012-04-25, 6:39pm
Unmedicated since '62

here you go

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_ru...tions_on_Linux

Old 2012-04-28, 9:11am
Teddy & Bella

Just sent you a gift. Hope I did it right. Forgot to say thank you. I haven't played with it yet but it looks awesome. Ang

Etsy -
Old 2012-04-29, 10:52pm
Unmedicated since '62

not sure what you sent but thanks

Old 2012-05-02, 3:07am

Hi Deb, I've just downloaded the last version of the StashMaster but I can't get it to work. I have Access Runtime 2010. The error message I'm getting is database format unrecognized.

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2012-05-02, 3:20am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Londez View Post
Hi Deb, I've just downloaded the last version of the StashMaster but I can't get it to work. I have Access Runtime 2010. The error message I'm getting is database format unrecognized.
Have you run the install?

Old 2012-05-02, 3:22am

Yes but maybe I need to redo it ?

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2012-05-02, 3:23am

Actually I had an older version installed that I didn't uninstall before. Could that be it ?

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2012-05-02, 3:24am
Unmedicated since '62

An older version of stashmaster or access

Old 2012-05-02, 3:27am

Stashmaster

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop