The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-06-24, 2:18am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
Fossil is made by Effetre.
Yes!!! You are right and I am so relieved!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-06-24, 8:54am
Salt Box Beads

#701460 Yellow Ochre ( Wasabi)
Old 2012-06-24, 9:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsymn View Post
Honey Crunch! I love the way it reacts to silver glasses.
I didn't know that, I have a half pound or so, will have to try that.
I'll miss the yellow ice, silvered frit gets a great halo on it when dragged.

-D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2012-06-24, 12:53pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

ooooo, Honey Crunch..yes! that one too!
Old 2012-06-24, 12:55pm
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
I would have said candy apple, but now that cim maraschino is on the scene, all is well.
Good to know...

Old 2012-06-24, 12:56pm
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Chandler View Post
#701460 Yellow Ochre ( Wasabi)
Oh yes, love Vet's Yellow Ochre/wasabi.

Old 2012-06-24, 1:01pm
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterFire View Post
Dark amethyst - melts like butter, smooth and wonderful to work with.
Pretty sure I have that color so must play with it.

Old 2012-06-24, 1:04pm
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbeads View Post
I didn't know that, I have a half pound or so, will have to try that.
I'll miss the yellow ice, silvered frit gets a great halo on it when dragged.

-D
Honey crunch is cool and I still have some! Yeah!

Old 2012-06-24, 1:56pm

Maybe I'll pick up a bit more honey crunch this weekend...

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-06-24, 4:26pm
Naysayer

This thread is making me weepy, so many great colors
Old 2012-06-24, 6:03pm

I love lime sweet. I've been making cats with it lately. I love all the streaks and variations in color.

Available as an audiobook

Susan Hasler--torch-wielding novelist
Old 2012-06-24, 8:27pm
aka Deborah Spence

There's a lot of "odd lot" favorites which is understandable because they've created many great odd lots... But I'd love to hear more about Vetrofond standard colors, if you prefer any over Effetre and why.

Old 2012-06-24, 9:11pm
one day at a time

I wonder if Mike would order some black?? I know I wouldn't mind using the larger diameter rods, and many other beadmaker love that color too. It's a dark blue-black, not the dark violet-black like Effetre.

I'll ask him sometime soon.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:55pm
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisi View Post
I wonder if Mike would order some black?? I know I wouldn't mind using the larger diameter rods, and many other beadmaker love that color too. It's a dark blue-black, not the dark violet-black like Effetre.

I'll ask him sometime soon.
Maybe if he knew there would be a big demand... I too wouldn't mind, even prefer large diameter black rods.

Old 2012-06-25, 5:53am
Ready to hit the road

I'd take Honey Crunch and a few others in large diameter rods if that was all they were making.

Old 2012-06-25, 7:44pm
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsymn View Post
I'd take Honey Crunch and a few others in large diameter rods if that was all they were making.
Honey crunch was an odd lot... Probably won't see a repeat on that or any of the odd lot colors. Standard colors and maybe new odd lots, but people would have to let him know so he could judge if there is a market for it. It never hurts to put your two cents in.

Old 2012-06-25, 9:06pm
aka Deborah Spence

In appreciation of all the feedback given in my thread I'm placing this little heads up that I'm about to list some Vetrofond Pajama Blue and Honey Crunch for sale in the Garage Sale. Prices are reflective of what I paid, including the shippng I had to pay to Alaska... it's not a sale price but not outrageous for sold out elsewhere odd lots. Thought some here might like to know... should be complete within the half hour.

Thanks,
Deb

Old 2012-06-25, 9:14pm
Formerly FishBulb

It's hard to list all my favourites: Painted Desert, Avocado Marble, Red Carrot Sparkle and Pineapple Sparkle, Pajama Blue, Jupiter, Honey Crunch, Bloody Mary... aaaa I'm getting too depressed just thinking about it.

And yes, Vetrofond will no longer be making rod. I was reading a recent post by Sara Sally LeGrand on Facebook, when she was in Italy recently and she went to the Vetrofond factory and met the head guy there (can't recall his name); he verified that they will no longer be producing their glass rod. Where's the sobbing smiley when I need it?

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-06-25, 9:30pm
aka Deborah Spence

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBulb View Post
And yes, Vetrofond will no longer be making rod. I was reading a recent post by Sara Sally LeGrand on Facebook, when she was in Italy recently and she went to the Vetrofond factory and met the head guy there (can't recall his name); he verified that they will no longer be producing their glass rod. Where's the sobbing smiley when I need it?
No rod production at all? Not even large diameter? boo hoo...

Old 2012-06-25, 9:51pm

I can't believe no one has mentioned Streaky Sapphire yet. I love it so much and it has been difficult to find for some time now.
Old 2012-06-26, 4:48am

Avocado marble! I have over a pound of it, which is a lot for me! It's incredible with SIS!

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-06-26, 5:16am
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlilly1 View Post
Avocado marble! I have over a pound of it, which is a lot for me! It's incredible with SIS!
What is SIS?

Old 2012-06-26, 5:22am
Who me?

My favorite Vetro color is and always will be black - by far, the best all around black ever.
Old 2012-06-26, 5:57am

I haven't ordered V for years, but I did kinda like Yellow Ice...

Swamper, I find their black to be bubbly and sort of devit-ty, no?

Firenze, SIS is Silvered Ivory Stringer.

Old 2012-06-26, 6:07am
I like to melt things

I forgot about streaky sapphire! I love that colour... Especially etched.

-
-
Old 2012-06-26, 6:10am

I need to see if I can fall in love with my Honey Crunch, spitting cracking breaking stuff that it is.

I love love love the Crazy Topaz, and Lemongrass Oddly Odd.
Old 2012-06-26, 7:17am
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegem View Post
I haven't ordered V for years, but I did kinda like Yellow Ice...

Swamper, I find their black to be bubbly and sort of devit-ty, no?

Firenze, SIS is Silvered Ivory Stringer.
Vetro black has always been like honey to me - Moretti black on the other hand boils and pits. maybe it just the batches I have.

Ah yes, yellow ice, but I'm hoarding it. LOL
Old 2012-06-26, 7:38am
Queen Tut ;)

I have like 4 lbs of black...not sure why it's special :/

Not to be a hater, but why do so many folks like Pajama Blue? I looked up pictures but I see an albeit nice but simple light blue. Is it because Effetre Sky Blue is too bright?

I do really like Tomato Soup and Jungle Twilight, but those are odds and not regular production anyways. Actually, what I like about Vetrofond is the odds...affordable but can be gorgeous.

Perhaps the other company that's working on the clear formula will also make the others?

Old 2012-06-26, 7:45am

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinesbeads View Post
I can't believe no one has mentioned Streaky Sapphire yet. I love it so much and it has been difficult to find for some time now.
Great color! Can't believe I forgot about that one. Man, this thread is like a eulogy.

Old 2012-06-26, 7:46am
Glass Addict

As a "glimmer of hope" for all of us Vetro fans... Sara Sally also said (in her class this past weekend), that once the company has been dismantled and everything sold off, there is a chance that the Glass Master/artist and his crew *may* start up their own business and reproduce similar colors to the Vetro line plus a bunch of new ones.

So buy and hoard what you can now, who knows what'll develop and happen in the future

Last edited by tilegoddess; 2012-06-26 at 8:12am.