No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-03-27, 2:21pm
Daggy-O

Default How can you tell...

the "real" streaky pink? I have some pink that I purchased when I first started about 3-1/2 years ago that has the rubino streak down one side, but the label is gone. I found it in a stash of glass that I had forgotten about. Somewhere I read that not all glass that has the rubino stripe down the side is the streaky pink that everyone craves....

I don't really use it (obviously - I didn't even know I had it!) so it's just sitting around collecting dust.

HELP!

Sherri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Cancel my subscription - I am over your issues." Schermo's website
Old 2006-03-27, 2:23pm
Student of DachZen

It's also supposed to be more "oval" in cross section, I believe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-03-27, 2:52pm

Melt the end and pull a tiny piece off. Let the end of the rod cool. If it strikes to a pretty bubblegum, it's most likely Streaky Pink. Especially if it also has a dark pink stripe and is strangely shaped (not perfectly round, but more of an oval). The rod itself might be a light pink shade. Also, pulling a stringer will usually yield a pretty light bubblegum.

Old 2006-03-27, 3:33pm
Daggy-O

Default Thanks!

It is relatively oval shaped compared to the other glass rods I get. I'll have to try and pull some stringer tonight and see what color it turns out to be.

I appreciate your help - off to the torch!

Sherri

"Cancel my subscription - I am over your issues." Schermo's website