Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-03-31, 7:34pm

Default Frantz Glass, Cosmic Storm

Hello, I sent an email regarding the cosmic storm I recently purchased. All my beads I've made looks like painted desert. After posting a question in the tips and techniques forum, it was suggested that I contact Frantz directly. Can you help me? Thanks.
Old 2008-04-01, 7:52am

I think what they told you to do is correct. Contact Frantz Glass and I'm sure they'll take care of you.
Do you have a picture of the rods?
Is it a kind of copper color with lots of shimmer?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-01, 10:13am

Irene, yes it is. I've emailed Frantz and have not gotten a response so I'll try calling them today.
Old 2008-04-01, 11:19am

If you got a copper color rod that shimmers....you DO have Cosmic Storm. Painted desert rods are greyish, pinkish, bluish in color.
So now the question would be...what torch are you using?
I've heard some people using a hothead are not getting all the color variations out of the rod and the colors are mottled. I'm not sure what torch you're using. I'll tray and take a picture of the cosmic storm and painted desert rods if you'd like.
Irene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-01, 4:23pm

I have a Mini CC. I use a neutral flame... more O2?
Old 2008-04-03, 11:03am
Carpe Beadum

Oooh - I just ordered some cosmic storm too, so I'll be reading this to make sure I treat it right. I just love the variations I've seen!

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung
Old 2008-04-08, 4:10am

I still haven't had time to torch but tomorrow looks like I have a few moments to try this.
I'll take a pic of the painted desert rod and the cosmic storm I've got a Betta and an oxycon and just use a neutral flame and it gives out pretty cool colors? Has Frantz contacted you yet? If not, you can send me the rods and I'll replace the colors and I can deal with Frantz for you. I'll be talking with them in the next day or two anyways
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Irene

Old 2008-04-08, 7:46am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Has Frantz contacted you yet? If not, you can send me the rods and I'll replace the colors and I can deal with Frantz for you. I'll be talking with them in the next day or two anyways
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Irene
And that is why Reenie Rocks!!! woohoo!!

nagi

Old 2008-04-08, 8:40pm
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

Not about Cosmic storm but I PMd Mike at the end of last month and did not receive a response either. Since I am wanting to spend lots of money on his site you'd think he would PM me back LOL

Old 2008-04-08, 9:02pm

Default Finally Pics

Finally have some pics for you. Thanks for being patient!
There's no way to mix up the cosmic storm with painted desert unless someone is really, really colorblind.
Cosmic storm is the copper rod

Quick paddles. Sorry they kind of suck!

Old 2008-04-11, 10:20am
Carpe beadum

Mike is all over the world. Call Frantz directly. Jamie at Frantz is amazingly helpful. They sent me Tangerine intense instead of orange creamsicle and she is getting the correct glass right out to me. Or deal with Reenie. What a sweetie!

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 2008-04-22, 6:36am

I have always had great customer service with Frantz.

Old 2008-04-22, 10:12am
as in the state

I would call them directly. They are great about getting questions answered over the phone.

Just a suggestion...is it possible you are burning out the aventurine in the cosmic storm? Aventurine burns out really easily, so if you are working it too hot, you might lose the sparkle...

-Amy