Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-03-27, 12:55am

Default Sill Searching for 96 coe tubing

By chance, can anyone help me in my quest? I will be limited to shopworking for the next month or two from my surgery, and am looking for a way to make life easier on me (read: lazy too
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) and give me more time to do other things. Problem is, I have been searching forever for 96 tubing to no avail. Any and all help is appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
learn about big crumbs
Old 2009-03-27, 5:17am
Hello?

I think you may be searching for awhile. I don't think 96 tubing exists?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-27, 5:33am
I fart diamonds

Actually it does. I know a German guy who uses Reichenbach tubing, but he gets his supplies from Germany. I've never been able to find it here in the states.

Old 2009-03-28, 3:20am

Shawnette,
Thank you so much for your help! It's a starting point at least! *wonders who she can bug in Germany* hehehe.

Thanks Again!
Beck
Old 2009-03-30, 3:47pm
Hello?

I contacted Glasscolor.com last week and asked if Reichenbach made tubing, they said no they do not produce any 96coe tubing. Was kind of hoping they did, would be perfect for blowing ornaments!

Old 2009-03-30, 6:41pm

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

Check with Jessica at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I got some in a grab bag from her a couple of times . I think her glass was from Germany . Its not listed . But if shes got any I bet she will dig it out for you .

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2009-03-31, 11:07am
No Problem!

Chances are any tube from Germany is going to be Lauscha. It's 104 but it's nice stuff that you can get in different colors and striped patterns.
That's the only soft-glass tubing I've ever seen except for some weird small (7mm dia) clear Moretti tube I had around for awhile.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-04-05, 8:29am
HotFlash Designs

I got some in the fall. I'll have to look to see where it came from.

I had started a thread asking about blowing ornaments. The info is in there. I'll see if I can find it.

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2009-04-05, 8:42am
HotFlash Designs

Ok, sorry. It looks like it is all 90 coe. I haven't used it in a while, so it's stashed.

Here is the thread though in case you're interested. There was also talk about 104 tubing.

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2009-04-05, 7:43pm

Thanks again for digging about and trying to help! At least I'm not the only one wanting it. Maybe if enough people start asking...... *grins*

thanks again,
beck

learn about big crumbs
Old 2009-04-07, 3:28pm

Clear? Color? what diameter? thick or thin wall? I do small melts of 96, PM me.....

Old 2013-08-07, 10:22am

hey guys, im currently mixing offhand, kiln, and torch work to create some big focal pendant murrines. as a part of this im going to use small tubing as pendant bails, connected to the murine by two small lengths of rod. I too have had zippo luck finding anything, so im going to handpull clear tubing and rod, which id do as practice for my apprentice either way. If anyone has any particular requests Ill do my best to accommodate people on a first come first serve basis. all I ask is that you pay for shipping. please bear in mind any material received will be of an experimental and practice nature. while I hope to be instantly technically competent at it, we all know that's silly. but with all that said, im open to taking requests if I can fulfill them!

jds35901 at gmail dot com, put "96 tubing" in the subject line.