Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-01-26, 9:47pm
Lampworkaholic!

Default Art Glass House Gets an A+

I have to gush. My order came quickly, packaged perfectly, they were out of a couple of colors but contacted me first to see if I wanted to substitute anything (I did). Great prices, great service. Thanks!

Liz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-01-26, 10:51pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Art Glass House rocks.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-01-27, 12:42pm

Been their customer for 21 years, NEVER a problem
Geneva
Old 2012-01-27, 1:02pm
Angie09

Quote:
Art Glass House rocks.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Couldn't agree more!!!
Old 2012-01-27, 1:10pm
They see me rollin'...

I give them a thumbs up too! Got the Bullseye I wanted, plus ordered more of the handpulled shorts and love what I got.

One of the colors in the shorts bundle turned out to be that new streaky pink, which looks like purple rose or EDP with a clear core. I just made a bead with it, and MAN is that nice glass!! It turned a gorgeous vibrant purple/pink and was not shocky AT ALL even though it was a thick rod. I can't wait to see what the bead looks like!

Ron, if you reading this, do you know what the black rods in my handpulled shorts bundle are? They weren't labeled, and I don't have a clue. I haven't melted any yet.

Hehe, my only complaint is that UPS always seems to deliver my glass right when the hubby is getting home...oops

Thanks!
-Patti

-Patti
Old 2012-01-27, 1:12pm
GlassDocNC

AGH

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Old 2012-01-27, 1:13pm
Angie09

Quote:
=
One of the colors in the shorts bundle turned out to be that new streaky pink, which looks like purple rose or EDP with a clear core. I just made a bead with it, and MAN is that nice glass!! It turned a gorgeous vibrant purple/pink and was not shocky AT ALL even though it was a thick rod. I can't wait to see what the bead looks like!

Ron, if you reading this, do you know what the black rods in my handpulled shorts bundle are? They weren't labeled, and I don't have a clue. I haven't melted any yet.
Who cares what the black is ???? I want to know what the streaky pink is!!! I LOVE any streaky glass ... but pink would be terrific!! Hey Ron ....what glass did you give her??????
Old 2012-01-27, 1:19pm
They see me rollin'...

lol

ok, let me go find it on their website...

-Patti
Old 2012-01-27, 1:21pm
Lampworkaholic!

The pink is #253 Rosa Variagata. Also known as Striped Pink.

It can devitrify if you don't work it oxygenated/hot and put it in the kiln glowing.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-01-27, 1:22pm
They see me rollin'...

I'm pretty sure that it's this one:

Frantz calls it "Pink Stripe Premium Pastel". It looks just like purple rose or EDP with a clear core. It's so cool!!

-Patti
Old 2012-01-27, 1:24pm
They see me rollin'...

You beat me to it!

Yes, I do have to burn off the devitrification before putting it in the kiln. That's not too hard, though.

I was thrilled that it was not shocky at all, unlike EDP which tends to make expensive frit all over my table.
And it's a really intense pink/purple, too, like the prettiest EDP I have.

-Patti
Old 2012-01-27, 1:30pm
Angie09

Well, crap ... there no picture of it!!! Who has a bead they can take a pic of so we can see how pretty this is??? Please ......
Old 2012-01-27, 2:07pm
Loving learning

Did yours look like this?

Old 2012-01-27, 2:07pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Angie, here's a super quick and dirty photo of the two:

EDP(latest batch) top left, Striped Pink bottom right

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-01-27, 3:46pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

holy cow

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2012-01-27, 3:49pm
Lampworkaholic!

I have always thought that there is a thin layer of Rubino between the clear and the EDP.

Old 2012-01-27, 3:56pm
Angie09

Thanks Lori ... those are gorgeous colors. Guess it's off to buy MORE glass ....
Old 2012-01-27, 4:53pm
They see me rollin'...

Quote:
Did yours look like this?

Yes, that's what the rods look like, except mine are thicker. The bead looked more vibrant than that going into the kiln, but I won't be able to take a photo until tomorrow.

Gorgeous color in those beads, Lori!

-Patti
Old 2012-01-29, 10:33am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Angie, here's a super quick and dirty photo of the two:

EDP(latest batch) top left, Striped Pink bottom right

OMG, how do I not know about this? That's beautiful!

Old 2012-01-31, 2:24pm

Thanks everyone!
The 253 is one of the newer ones. The rod looks like EDP with a clear core to it. Really Nice Glass!
The New hand pulled EDP we got has a really bright purple core... again, really nice.
Now, the black.. That is a good one. It could be hand pulled 066 Int Black.... or the reactive black (which really isn't too reactive), but is doesn't bleed, making it great for super fine stringers.
Old 2012-01-31, 6:34pm

Want some...need some....will get some....drool...

Old 2012-02-02, 11:51am
They see me rollin'...

Hi Ron! I think the black is #66:

I haven't tried it yet, but I bet that's it. The rods are very thick like in the picture.

I'll be back...I'm going to try to get a good cellphone pic of the beads I made with #253. I am in love with this glass!

-Patti

-Patti
Old 2012-02-02, 12:20pm
They see me rollin'...

I hope the photos aren't too tiny. I have a new laptop and haven't installed Photoshop yet, so couldn't edit them the way I normally do.

The 2 beads in the middle are #253. BTW, the streaks aren't devitrification, that is the color of the glass. The only devitrification is in between the ridges.

I figured out that when making a bead with the bead roller like this, you roll the bead until you like the shape, then put directly in the kiln. Do not reheat because that will make it devitrify, then you have to heat it up to burn off the devitrification and you lose the shape, rinse and repeat.

-Patti

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2012-02-02 at 6:19pm.
Old 2012-02-02, 1:28pm
Lava Maker

I ordered some shorts for the Houston Hotties. I must say I liked the quick service and love the excellant color choices in the lot.
Old 2012-02-03, 1:01pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Oh Patti, those are beautiful!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-02-03, 8:50pm
They see me rollin'...

Aw, thanks.

-Patti