LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2012-01-31, 5:37am

Default Swirl Bead Tutorial

Hi Guys,

I hope it is alright to post this here, I have just put together this tutorial after a few requests for it in the UK and I thought I would share over the water too! Thank you for looking

Jennie

It is available in my Etsy Shop : http://www.etsy.com/listing/91742369...-bead-tutorial
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jennie Lamb, Raspberry Rings ~ New FEATHER SWIRL Bead Tutorial available in my Etsy Shop today!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-01-31, 6:31am
Resident hippie

Beautiful Jennie!

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2012-01-31, 7:08am
Formerly FishBulb

Wow! Those are gorgeous!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-01-31, 8:43am
Meet Molly

Love the multitude of changing depth in the multi-colored swirls of your Swirl Bead. Will order my tutorial now. Thanks for sharing!!!

Neomi

Last edited by Cinnamon; 2012-01-31 at 9:23am.
Old 2012-01-31, 12:59pm

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and for your purchases!

Jennie

Jennie Lamb, Raspberry Rings ~ New FEATHER SWIRL Bead Tutorial available in my Etsy Shop today!

Old 2012-01-31, 6:49pm
What was I thinking?

Jennie—Is the tut designed for boro or for soft glass?

Old 2012-01-31, 11:30pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

Really pretty!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2012-02-01, 12:16am
Old Time Bead Maker

There are none left in your etsy shop...;(

This us as close to a web site as I want to get at the moment...
Old 2012-02-01, 12:57am

Morning! Just woken up here in the UK thank you so much for your purchases I have just added a few more to my Etsy Shop ;0)

Old 2012-02-01, 1:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedradesigns View Post
Jennie—Is the tut designed for boro or for soft glass?
I work mainly in soft glass and this bead was designed with soft but there is nothing I can see that would stop it from being translated to Boro, it is more about technique and gravity and the glass does need to flow to elongate the design in the final stages.........

Old 2012-02-01, 8:21am

Wow - those are stunning!
Old 2012-02-01, 9:23am

Can't wait to try it and have people S&T theirs here. I got the tut really fast.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Can't wait to try it and have people S&T theirs here. I got the tut really fast.
I can't wait either Pat!

Old 2012-02-01, 8:28pm
Burning Fingers!

Beautiful beads!

/
/
/

Old 2012-02-02, 2:49am

Thank you Jane :0)

Old 2012-02-02, 6:51am

So pretty!
Old 2012-02-02, 9:28am
I speak Murrini!

Love it! I'll be "testing" this on a Hot Head, and will let everyone know how it goes - hopefully by end of the weekend!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-02-02, 12:10pm

Great! I will look forward to hearing how you get on....just make sure your footprint is not to big as these beadies just grow infront of your eyes!! Good luck DeAnne :0)

Old 2012-02-02, 12:31pm

These are F-ing awesome! I'm going to your etsy page fit now!
Old 2012-02-02, 1:42pm

Jennie - What beautiful beads! I ordered your tutorial last night and it hasn't arrived yet. Have all orders been sent? Thanks!

Old 2012-02-02, 2:51pm

Wow Lisa, I don't know why let me go and check right now.....

Old 2012-02-02, 2:56pm

@ Lisa have just re sent hope it arrives ok this time?

Last edited by Raspberry Rings; 2012-02-02 at 3:02pm.
Old 2012-02-02, 3:22pm

I just got it! Thank you SO much. It looks fantastic!!!!

Old 2012-02-02, 3:34pm

Phew! I am pleased to hear that don't like it when things go missing in the ethers!! Can't wait to see what everyone does with this enjoy!

Old 2012-02-02, 11:37pm
I speak Murrini!

Got mine too!

Thanks so much - I can't wait to try it!

Yippee!!!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-02-03, 12:35am

Got mine too and can't wait to try it! Thank you Jenny!

DeAnn

Minor Propane Oxycon SC2 Jim Moore Bead Press
Old 2012-02-03, 1:37am
Old Time Bead Maker

Hi Jennie...
What green did you use in your example??? It wasn't listed in the tutorial. I tried it today and picked a green....any ol' green that was just laying there so I'm sure it will work.
Just curious. I like to try the first one just like the "pattern" and then go from there.
They're in the kiln tonight so....we'll see in the morning....
Other than that, it's a very nice, well written and photographed tutorial. I have all kinds of ideas "swirling" around in my head for things to do with it...
Thank you!!!

Sue

This us as close to a web site as I want to get at the moment...
Old 2012-02-03, 4:29am

I have just been told I had misssed it I have added it to the PDF for more recent sales but was going to pop a note here thanks you for reminding me. I used Effetre Pea Green 214 but you can use any colour you like really! I cannot believe I missed it I have read that tut so many times for errors.....I am so sorry sometimes you can't see thm for looking.

Can't wait to see what comes out of the kiln for you! It is such an adjustable technique I just love it and thank you for kind words on the tut I will pass on the compliment to the 'photographer' my husband! Happy Swirling :0)

Old 2012-02-03, 2:00pm

Hi Jennie, these are my first swirl beads. Bad pic, sorry. They were fun. my pick didn't work so I used a pulled clear pick which worked but I still need to get the tungsen to work.
Attached Images

Old 2012-02-03, 2:21pm

Yay! Pat they are Great...I really like that first on there is real depth isn't there. That is so cool to see someone elses Swirl...thank you for posting! I am gonna message you with some tips for that pick as it is so much better if you can make that work. Have a good weekend.