Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-06-21, 12:31pm
The Crazy One

Default Pineapple Sparkle - Translucent Yellow Question...

I am not a glass ho… I am not a glass ho… I am not a glass ho… But I do have a question… To those of you who have used moretti translucent yellow… How does this compare to the Pineapple Sparkle? They look similar in the pictures of rods I have seen with the pineapple being a bit brighter than my beloved 409 translucent.

So does the Pineapple Sparkle have the mother of pearl luster that the Translucent Yellow has? In your world, how do the two compare?
Old 2006-06-21, 1:03pm
Student of DachZen

I haven't used the Transluscent Yellow, but the Pineapple Sparkle really does have that lovely pearly sheen to it! I love it, just broke open my stash yesterday and started working with it.

I've got a couple of pounds of it here, I'll send you a couple of rods if you want to run a trial! PM me your addy and I'll try to get it out today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by adovbs; 2006-06-21 at 1:05pm.
Old 2006-06-21, 1:08pm
I fart diamonds

I have both. The Pineapple is not the same as the 409, but it's gorgeous. I love it! It's sparkly, not pearly and much brighter. This fish is with Pineapple:

Gimme a minute and I'll take a side by side for you.

Old 2006-06-21, 1:29pm
I fart diamonds

Ok, I've mentioned before how hard it is to photo the Pineapple. It's much more translucent than the 409. It's actually pretty transparent. I think a good description for them is the Effetre 409 is like Orange Juice (ok, Sunny Delight), rich and yummy, and the Vetrofond 941 is like Lemonade (yes, you can see through it), bright and yummy.

The Pineapple is probably more "sparkly" than "pearly" because it's almost transparent, so you get more light play.

Last edited by shawnette; 2006-06-21 at 1:31pm.
Old 2006-06-21, 4:09pm

Default Great new picture!

Shawnette:
Loved your new picture of your sons! Hope you change pix every season and we can watch 'em grow! Best, Pam
Old 2006-06-21, 4:15pm
The Crazy One

Teresa, Thanks for the offer but I would rather you PIF to someone in need when ever that time comes. I think I'll order some when I manage to get my paypal built back up.

Shawnette, Thanks, I can see the difference between TY & PS. I am trying to decide which TY you have, I have seen 2 distinctive colors (I'm not counting the Vetrofond crud). One has more orange tones in it while the other (more readily available) is more yellow.
Old 2006-06-21, 4:51pm

I love the pineapple!!! it is gorgeous as the center of daisies encased in clear. Beautiful!

Old 2006-06-21, 4:58pm
One Crazy Mama

Loco, I have some of each and I am pretty darn sure the TY is the same as you have (got a few rods from NIkki) anyways...the PS is lighter and almost has a glitter to it in rod form. I have not melted the PS yet...maybe i should get around to that huh?

Old 2006-06-21, 5:56pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco
Shawnette, Thanks, I can see the difference between TY & PS. I am trying to decide which TY you have, I have seen 2 distinctive colors (I'm not counting the Vetrofond crud). One has more orange tones in it while the other (more readily available) is more yellow.
I have both. One lot is fat rods and the other is mostly skinny and I have only a couple of the more yellow rods. Most of mine are the "old margarine" batch.

Old 2006-06-21, 5:57pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydog7
Shawnette:
Loved your new picture of your sons! Hope you change pix every season and we can watch 'em grow! Best, Pam
Lol! I live in Florida. It's always beach season...

Old 2006-06-21, 6:38pm
Ad astra per aspera

I love the Pineapple Sparkle and YES it sure is sparkly!!!! This photo doesn't show it well, but they're cool in person.
Attached Images

Old 2006-06-21, 7:51pm
The Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette
I have both. One lot is fat rods and the other is mostly skinny and I have only a couple of the more yellow rods. Most of mine are the "old margarine" batch.
I'll try to get pictures of the 2 colors tomorrow. The more I look at them one is real orangy. I have very little of that and a lot more of the yellow. I would kill for some more of the orangy stuff!!!!!!
Old 2006-06-21, 8:01pm

The sun and the stars were aligned just right and I got a GREAT pic of pineapple sparkle.

I love it and I want ALL OF IT!

Old 2006-06-21, 9:34pm
Ad astra per aspera

Okay, I wanna know the exact orbital position you had to get those AWESOME pictures!!!!! Bravo!

Old 2006-06-24, 10:28am
One Crazy Mama

hmmm just looked at my moretti translucent yellow next to my pineapple sparkle and my ty is more orange-y...will try to get pics