Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-09-18, 9:17pm
Formerly Sassygirl

Default Dichroic stringers??

Anyone make dichroic stringers?? I have tried contacting crystalflipz through Etsy but no luck and I really need some asap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-09-18, 10:53pm
Bracelet Ho

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dichro Magic sells them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-09-18, 11:04pm
It's all about the color.

Those are not the same kind as Crystalflips. I have never been able to get those moretti stringer ones to turn out better than gray scum - even on a hothead with the non-dichro side clearly marked with a marker so I could be sure to keep the dichro away from the flame. When I bought them it was through a local merchant and I paid around $9 per stringer for them. I have them in a vase in my studio because they're pretty to look at, but not much else. For the record, I Love Crystalflips stringers.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2012-09-18, 11:06pm
Formerly Sassygirl

Quote:
Those are not the same kind as Crystalflips. I have never been able to get those moretti stringer ones to turn out better than gray scum - even on a hothead with the non-dichro side clearly marked with a marker so I could be sure to keep the dichro away from the flame. When I bought them it was through a local merchant and I paid around $9 per stringer for them. I have them in a vase in my studio because they're pretty to look at, but not much else. For the record, I Love Crystalflips stringers.
I love them too but I need them like yesterday and it's been a few days since I sent an Etsy convo and no reply. I can not use the flat noodle things or regular dichro I need what Crystalflipz sells arrgghhh.

Old 2012-09-18, 11:08pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Anyone make dichroic stringers?? I have tried contacting crystalflipz through Etsy but no luck and I really need some asap.
She was my only suggestion. I'm sure she'll get back to you.

Old 2012-09-25, 9:04am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Stacie, do you have any dichro laying around? Making your own is really not hard to do. If you do have some dichro, let me know and I will type up a mini tutorial. I gotta run right now, but I will be back in a couple hours.

Old 2012-09-25, 10:14am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Maybe an Etsy issue? She's normally very responsive to messages.
My Etsy messaging doesn't always send me notifications
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Are you a facebook friend of hers?
She's Carol Oliver. Maybe try to contact her through FB messages.
Also, she has a webpage with email:

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2012-09-27, 4:28am

At the risk of hijacking the thread, would love to see the mini-tut for dichroic stringers...can never seem to get the hang of using the strips without a ton of scamming and this may do the trick. Thank you

Beaded Chic

Old 2012-09-27, 4:29am

Sorry...meant to type scumming and auto correct took over...

Beaded Chic

Old 2012-09-27, 6:19am

Stacie, sent you a PM