Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-07-18, 2:05am

Default Personal Galleries

Wouldn't it be nice if LE had a place where we could go look at another members gallery images? Just the images posted in the past. Is that even possible? I know I can go look at previous galleries, but tonight I wanted to show a friend some of the work of another lampworker and we had to go page by page of the gallery, since I couldn't remember the date it was posted. I was looking for one post in particular, a certain bead she made. We ended up clicking on her Etsy and finally found something similar. It could have been much harder to find, maybe she wasn't selling it, maybe she sells on ebay, etc, etc, etc. What do you all think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-07-18, 3:54am

That sounds like a good idea. I am search impaired so any help is a great thing.
Old 2012-07-18, 5:26am

Thumbs up great idea !!!!

maybe a spot where we could start a thread with our own name and photos and info could be added, kinda like a diary/blog/gallery thingy, I think you have a winner of an idea there, Truegem !!
Old 2012-07-18, 7:23am
Queen Tut ;)

I wanted to show someone a particular persons beads, so I found a post by them, clicked them, and selected show all posts by user. It's a little labor intensive to see all their pictures, but it's sorta doable. It helps if they don't post much in between pictures...if they talk a lot, sheesh.

It would be nice to see images on their user info page or something. I can imagine that might be a lot of work to set up, and increase bandwidth and storage requirements for the forums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-07-18, 8:07am

well there is the gallery section of this forum, couldn't we make a subforum under the gallery section, but maybe each member opens and maintains their own thread, posting pics and editing or whatever.

that way, when we opened that forum, we'd basically have a rundown & pics of everyone's wares.
Old 2012-07-18, 8:19am
I speak Murrini!

Check your User CP section (top-most left corner); I think you can create personal albums that can be viewed on your profile page there...

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-07-18, 8:32am

oh that's right! that will work great!

i think the OP is referring to one page where we can all list our galleries and have it all on one inclusive page.

the personal album will work fine, but to find a specific person's work you'll have to know their name to a t (username) and then search.

if we had a subforum under galleries section it could all be on one page, but i'm not sure if that's possible with this forum.
Old 2012-07-18, 4:34pm

Rather than taking up bandwidth here ( if that is what happens, I'm not too computer savvy), how about a thread where people can list a link to their own gallery sites like flickr or photobucket? Then you can just click the link to view their past work. Just a suggestion Jennie

Old 2012-07-18, 4:39pm
Melody of Glass

Thumbs up

I think that's a True Gem of an idea.

It would be great to be able to see an individual artist's work in a collection.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-07-18, 4:39pm

that's even better, it wouldn't bog down the server!!
Old 2012-07-18, 4:56pm

quote - "maybe a spot where we could start a thread with our own name and photos and info could be added, kinda like a diary/blog/gallery " -- "couldn't we make a subforum under the gallery section, but maybe each member opens and maintains their own thread, posting pics and editing "
I really really like these idea, can we please do it Mom, pretty please?

Last edited by kirrakat123; 2012-07-18 at 4:59pm.
Old 2012-07-18, 6:06pm
Wonder-wench

Hotglass.com pretty much does this ^^^ this. People will start a thread named something like "Jane Does' progress" and post pics of their work as they get stuff done, sometimes they ask for constructive feedback and other members will comment and provide the feedback. SOme of the threads cover months/years of work and are quite long. It's cool to see how someone's idea's change and techniques get better over time.

Old 2012-07-19, 2:41am

i love the idea of posting my work from start to present....i'd really get to see my progress (i assume others would like to do then same?).

then again, maybe not. if in two years i'm still scumming coe 104 clear i quit!!
Old 2012-07-19, 3:48am

Yes, Jenne, that's what I had to do at first. But that's what I want to avoid.
Oh Elizabeth, I suppose if someone wanted to keep a log of their work, they could do this, true. But I want it to be against their will. LOL...just kidding, but I was just thinking it would be automatic. Maybe they could have the option to opt out if they wanted to.
(Mike, are you using Effetre superclear? I clean it with water and a little vinegar first and wipe it dry really well.)

Old 2012-07-19, 3:52am

If we could make it where you can click on their user name, one of the options could be "view truegem's personal gallery". Ideally, images would go there on their own. Any image posted. Or maybe an option with each image, a box you click that says "also post in my personal gallery" while you're uploading the image to the daily gallery or whatever. Does that make sense? I'm sure it's possible! It has to be! lol, these rose colored glasses are on too tight today, maybe.

Old 2012-07-19, 4:06am

right now i'm on CIM 8mm clear rods. this shipment came in looking like hell. each rod was scratched and scuffed so damn bad i almost returned it.
so i made up a pickling solution and that did the trick. they still have scratches that i need to pick out with tweezers, but overall it's better.
effetre super clear is too stiff for me, i've gotten used to how soft CIM clear and DH Zephyr are. both are very runny, which i love for implosions.
Old 2012-07-19, 4:17pm

I love DH Zephyr & I use it for all encasings.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:53pm
Remember to keep smiling

I set up a album under my peronal section here mainly for me to see my improvements as I progressed. Now anything new I post I just place it the album and linked it with my signature. It would be nice to be able to go to the members section or elsewhere and be able to see a individuals work in a grouping.

SRA#P109
Old 2013-12-08, 1:40pm
Beadmaking.nl

What About sites like Flickr and Pinterest?
You can place a link to those sites in your signature on this forum.

When people would have here personal gallery's and they stop posting, what then?