Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-08-01, 10:50pm

Default August Show and Tell

Well it's my birthday today, and no one has gotten things started yet, so why not...... I made a pendant and a marble b4 treating myself and my kids to a Wolrd Of Outlaws Late Model show tonight. I have trouble taking pics of these cause there's so many colors, but i try my best. I however had no problem snapping the cars in action. Racked up 375 good shots. lol
Attached Images

Old 2010-08-02, 7:22am
Hobby Junkie

I've got some vessels and focal beads from this weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-02, 11:52am
Torchaholic ;)

Wow those Dichro pendants are sweet!! Ive been wanting to play with dichro more. Bellabean- I dig the vessels as well, good job!

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2010-08-02, 12:18pm
Glass my new Obsession

Gorgeous work!I have my 1st boro beads in the kiln now.
Tina

Old 2010-08-02, 2:29pm
Life is good

Great work guys. I have some things in the kiln, will post later.

Old 2010-08-02, 5:15pm

Default Happy Birthday.....

Love the implosian, especially the oblong one.
Great job!!!!!!
Old 2010-08-03, 7:06am
Life is good

Here are the pieces I put together yesterday. Thanks for looking and I look forward to seeing this months beauties.
Attached Images

Last edited by davelovins; 2010-08-03 at 8:24am.
Old 2010-08-03, 7:16am

Great pendants, and those vessels are lovely. So are the cored beads.
These ladies are work in progress, the stoppers need work but I'm happy with them so far..

..and a dragon:

Old 2010-08-03, 7:37am
Life is good

Emma, those are awesome. So unique. Nice dragon too.

Old 2010-08-03, 8:16am
Hobby Junkie

Dave- You are getting so good at those pendants. Perfection!

Emma - I love your style! What fun bottles!!! The dragon is sweet too.

Old 2010-08-03, 8:54am

Thank you both!

Old 2010-08-03, 9:26am

Just pulled this out of the kiln this morning. Enjoy.

James

Old 2010-08-03, 9:50am

Looking good everyone!!!!
Old 2010-08-03, 10:10am

August is off to a great start. Nice work!
Old 2010-08-05, 7:25am
The Venerable Bead

really cool stuff here! I'm loving the dragon and these marbles ^^^ and the dichro and the vessels and the pendant with the big clear drop
I played with brents shards last night and made this heart.
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2010-08-05, 11:28am
ManBearPig

I've got a month long exhibition coming up starting next week, and I've been scrambling to get stuff ready to take to it. Here's some of the ones I've made in the past couple days...

Old 2010-08-05, 12:22pm
Hobby Junkie

Cosmo- Your marbles alway blow me away. I need to sell more stuff so I can get your book!!!

Old 2010-08-06, 2:00am
Fire and Fluidity

Emma, I love those ladies!!!! Your tool is going in the mail tomorrow.
-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2010-08-06, 7:08am
The Venerable Bead

beautiful marbles Chad!

I have a few more hearts to show
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2010-08-06, 9:29am
Life is good

James, great marbles.
Chad, amazing stuff. Good luck at the show.
Paula, those are some really nice hearts. Nice shape.

Old 2010-08-06, 2:18pm

Don, thank you! You can see why I need your tool!
Those hearts are gorgeous, love the white and blue one especially.

Old 2010-08-07, 8:12am
Borosapien

Great start of the month i love the marbles Cosmo and James,Emma i love the Ladies and Paula i love those hearts
hier is a small marble i have made
for a friend.

Old 2010-08-07, 9:04am
Life is good

Very nice Marcel.

Old 2010-08-07, 10:27am

Sweet work, everyone, I have a feeling with these kinds of shenanigans going on it's going to be yet another great month! I love seeing what everyone's up to!

Here's a couple of my new playthings ... yes, fakies ... one Skeltech Plesiosaurus (4.5cm)

and a Kimon Blue Oni (5cm)

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2010-08-08, 9:57am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
... (4.5cm)

and a Kimon Blue Oni (5cm)
Wow, Wow, WOW!!! Wonderful work so far everyone!

Wicked...your Skeltech Plesiosaurus is amazing! And is it just me, or when you stare at the face shot of the Oni, doesn't it seem to be slowly moving toward you? Neat and weird all at the same time...

I'm just waiting for that Octopus Pendant you have on your site to come 'round for sale!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-08-08, 10:26am

not that my work compares to anything on here but I made my first Boro marble this weekend and will get to see it Monday when it comes out of the kiln.

Old 2010-08-09, 8:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
I'm just waiting for that Octopus Pendant you have on your site to come 'round for sale!
gah, I'm sorry, that one went to Morio in Japan a few weeks ago ... but I'm going to be making more, so don't despair. Thanks for your comments on the marbles, too.
I'm going out of town for a few days to an exhibition opening, so here's another skeltek before I go, which came out of the kiln today, another 2" one. Unfortunately atm I can't go much bigger because I only have a 1" marble mold I need an upgrade!
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2010-08-09, 6:51pm

Here are some I just finished for someone. Last one was finished this morning and they get shipped tomorrow morning. I had a great time working with the lady and the freedom she gave me for decorations. Was a complete pleasure.

Sorry for the big pics, didn't feel like making them smaller. Been a long day. Ok, I am just being lazy. See by the time I finished typing all this extra stuff I could have re-sized and uploaded them. Sheesh..

Old 2010-08-10, 3:19am

nice work Arcane!
Old 2010-08-10, 12:09pm

Beautiful work everyone, every time I get on here I want to go run to my torch.
I've been playing with my Momka rods and here's a heart I'm kinka happy with, shape wise.
Joensey
Attached Images