Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-02-27, 7:37am

Default Help, which oxygen concentrator and where to buy

I am newbie and this is my first post. I want to play with soft & boro bead. I have following search results. It look like that the Tornado has the best parameters (pis & LPM) and lowest price. but it also has some negative comments. Which machine and from where Should I do the shopping?

Tornado from www.ABRImagery.com 20 PIS 10 LPM ($1116 and I cannot find policy on shipping and warranty)
Same model from WWW.generationsglass $1395 free shipping and 3 Year Manufacturers Warranty.

Regalia from www.pyronamix.com 7-9 psi 10 LPM ($1550 plus shipping. 13 months warranty)
OG 20 from www.frantzartglass.com ($1695.75 cannot find policy on shipping & warranty

yp
Old 2007-02-27, 8:05am

I just got a Regalia and I absolutely love it. I was facing the same decision you are, but I was uncomfortable with some reports of unreliability I've seen about the Tornado and other concentrators from that company. The Regalia seemed like a more solid option, so I decided to go that way and I've been thrilled with mine. Great machine, great output, very quiet and super easy to use. And Kimberly at Pyronamix is wonderful to deal with. I would recommend the Regalia/Pyronamix highly.

Last edited by sillyhead; 2007-02-27 at 8:11am. Reason: typo
Old 2007-02-27, 9:59am

And if you order by tomorrow you are entered for a drawing for a free GT torch (Cheetah for the Regalia)

Robyn
Old 2007-02-27, 1:12pm
Princess of Pi

I got 3 reconstructed ones on ebay (different brands, Airsep is one) for about $100 apiece (less than $150 anyway) including shipping - 1 didn't work but the other 2 are fine, and couldn't beat the price

at those prices, you're probably talking about generators, not concentrators (for what it's worth)
Old 2007-02-27, 7:39pm

All, thank for information.

I bought one Airsep from ebay . But it last only 6 months. I don't want try again. My concern about Regalia is the warranty. It only 13 months. What can I do if it has problem after 13 months?

ypz
Old 2007-02-28, 6:04am

If you purchase two Devilbiss 5LPM machines, you will get 10LPM, 9PSI, and if you buy it from OxygenPlus, you get a 5 year warranty! It would probably cost less than a larger generator, too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-02-28, 1:25pm
PyronamixK

Two reconditioned medical concentrators do cost less than a larger concentrator/generator. The ones that I sell are covered by a five year warranty, as well. But, the Regalia definitely has advantages over a two-concentrator set-up and I do not hesitate in recommending one. I have had an Integra10 (predecessor of the Regalia) for a couple of years without any problems at all. The SeQual machines are very well built and the technology behind them allows them to run without putting a lot of stress on the compressor.
Old 2007-02-28, 6:07pm
da General

I got my DeVilbiss from Kimberly (Pyronamics) - she gives awesome customer service. Answered many of my PMs and gave me step by step instruction on how to use my new torch (upgraded from a Hot Head) with tank propane and oxycon. I can't thank her enough! With my one 5 LPM/8.5PSI oxycon, I work small boro with no problem.

If I ever upgrade, I will definitely get the Regalia from Kimberly! I personally don't want to have two oxycons - it gets too noisy and takes up too much room.

Hope that helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2007-02-28 at 6:08pm. Reason: Must change PMS to PMs!
Old 2007-03-01, 3:56pm

Default 12/13 months or 5 year?

Kimberly
Do you sale it at www.Pyronamics.com? The site says it cover 12/13 months not 5 years.
Old 2007-03-01, 4:41pm

I'd recommend getting a DeVilbiss 505
Old 2007-03-01, 5:16pm

When you buy, buy from Justin sales@oxygenplusmedical.com at OxygenPlus http://www.oxygenplusmedical.com/ I've had mine for 2 years and love it. The service I received from Justin was some of the best I've ever had. I highly recommend him!
Old 2007-03-01, 5:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBiker View Post
When you buy, buy from Justin sales@oxygenplusmedical.com at OxygenPlus http://www.oxygenplusmedical.com/ I've had mine for 2 years and love it. The service I received from Justin was some of the best I've ever had. I highly recommend him!
Yeah Justin is the man and Kim is the woman, they both rock the oxygen concentrators. Can't go wrong either way.
Old 2007-03-01, 6:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersdesign View Post
I'd recommend getting a DeVilbiss 505
Yes, they are also a great machine! You can read about them on my webpage here:

http://www.oxygenplusmedical.com/solaris_505.htm

Very quiet and reliable

Old 2007-08-26, 6:22pm

pm sent
Old 2007-08-26, 7:08pm
Can't you see I'm busy???

I'm a newby too. Got a Regalia and love it!! Powers my Lynx so beautifully!! Very quiet. No alarms when you turn the torch off.

Ordering from Kim was easy, it came quickly, and was very securely packed.

Pat