TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2010-11-28, 8:28pm

I'm off tomorrow, so I may try these. I've only tried snomwn faces using spree shaped pressed beads.
Old 2010-11-29, 4:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiboy66 View Post
I'm off tomorrow, so I may try these. I've only tried snomwn faces using spree shaped pressed beads.
That's on my to do list too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-11-29, 4:51pm
Alaska Boro

For the original tutorial what is the mandrel size? Tried 3/32 and it worked well with boro. The little guy is 21.5 mm high.
Old 2010-11-30, 1:49am

Some really nice pieces here, and thanks for the free tut,
Have a great day
Old 2010-11-30, 5:26am
Happiness is....

I'm heading to the torch in a bit, I'll have to try these cute snowmen too. Thanks for the great instructions Donna.

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2010-11-30, 5:43am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
For the original tutorial what is the mandrel size? Tried 3/32 and it worked well with boro. The little guy is 21.5 mm high.

I think he would work well on any size but I used the smallest I make earrings on, 3/32? I always get confused on mandrel sizes.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-11-30, 10:25am

Default My first one

I made this yesterday after reading your tutorial. My sister is dying for me to make her a set.
Attached Images

Old 2010-11-30, 7:21pm

You did a great job Sandiboy! He looks cold!

Old 2010-12-01, 10:45pm

Here is my first attempt.... and I love him!!!

Lets hope I can make another one!
Attached Images

Old 2010-12-02, 6:09pm

Adorable Snowmen!!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-12-03, 8:10pm

He's a cutie Karen!
I tried a Christmas tree and all I got was a green cone with dots on it. I haven't tried the Santa yet and may not get to before Christmas as I now have an order for

35 snowmen!!! Before Christmas!

Old 2010-12-05, 3:22pm
Bonkers about glass.....

Donna thanks for sharing. These are really addictive to make, and perfect for the time of year and the weather over here in the UK.
I made some to add to a Christmas tiara. LOL.

Marlene
Old 2010-12-06, 9:47am

Thanks Donna. I'm hoping to make a few pairs today after I get some Christmas shopping done.
Old 2010-12-07, 8:05am

Smile

Donna-

This is an awesome tutorial I made some snowmen- (but I forgot the dots on the ends of the scarves), but they turned out pretty cute!

Thanks for putting this together for everyone- it is a wonderful tutorial! Laura
Attached Images

Old 2010-12-07, 8:16am
Katherine

Laura your snowman/woman are adorable. I love how you designed the whole set to go together

Old 2010-12-07, 2:01pm
Katherine

I love this tut so much that I am being daring and doing my very first posting of a snowman Name:  first snowman.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  6.8 KBbead I made. I know I still need practice but my studio is now below freezing

Old 2010-12-07, 6:39pm

Thank-you so much for the tut, Donna! Your snowmen are just adorable. I'm heading down to fire up the torch in a few minutes, and am going to give them a try.

Birdy
Old 2010-12-07, 7:39pm
It's about having fun!

Thank you!
Old 2010-12-11, 6:32pm
dances with ideas...

Default help with yellow snow?

First, a big thank you to Donna for posting this tut!

I've made 3 snow-beings so far and really am enjoying it. The one on the left was supposed to be a snow-dog, but I think it looks like a snow-mouse, lol.

I've got some ideas for more, but here's the problem: in all 3, there's a very obvious yellowish tinge on the white. I don't know if you can see it, but it's worst in this one, just below the button.

I almost never use white and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. For the dog-mouse I can imagine that the light aurae fumed it, but there's no silver glass in the others. The one with the turquoise scarf is Effetre and the one with the Yellow/brown scarf is Peace. Maybe I'm working too hot? Too long? Flame too reducing? I have no idea.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for avoiding this, and will cross-post in the tips section. TIA!

Old 2010-12-12, 11:44am

Roberta I posted in your other thread about the yellowy white.

Laura, bravo on your snowman set. Love his scarf. I'm trying to add more transparents to my scarves for more dimension.

Katherine great job on your little guy too!!

I'm glad everyone's having fun with the tutorial. I have 5 more to make to finish up a huge order (30). I'll post pictures later of what my son called "my snowman army".

Old 2010-12-12, 11:45am

Roberta I posted in your other thread about the yellowy white.

Laura, bravo on your snowman set. Love his scarf. I'm trying to add more transparents to my scarves for more dimension.

Katherine great job on your little guy too!!

I'm glad everyone's having fun with the tutorial. I have 5 more to make to finish up a huge order (30). I'll post pictures later of what my son called "my snowman army".

Old 2010-12-12, 12:56pm
Linda

Donna,

Thanks for the tutorial. The snowmen are adorable. I'll have to wait to try to make these guys. We're having a blizzard and sub-zero windchills. Too cold to turn on venting. Merry Christmas. Linda
Old 2010-12-14, 9:29pm
dances with ideas...

Everyone's snow people are so darned cute!

I still haven't figured out my yellowing problem, but good news--it has gone away, at least for now. I'm happy with this little guy. He's going to live with my dad.

Can't wait to see your army, Donna!

Old 2010-12-14, 9:35pm
Katherine

Raingrrl your snowman is adorable. Great job!

Donna, Thank you again for this fun tut. I have learned so much from it and this thread.

Old 2010-12-16, 4:45pm

Rainygrrl that snowman is so patriotic. How cute is that? Love his murrini too. Great idea.

I'm sad to announce that I didn't get a picture of the snowman army as I came down with the flu right in the middle of doing them. I got them finished and packed up and hubby had to deliver them for me as I went to bed after wire wrapping the last one.

I must have made at least 70 of these this season and I must say I never got tired of making them. I guess cause I would take breaks and try and come up with interesting scarves for them.

I'm glad everyone's having as much fun making them as I have.

Old 2010-12-17, 12:17am
dances with ideas...

Thanks Katherine and Donna. I've really enjoyed this, and will definitely make some more--if not this season, then the next. I have a lot of crazy ideas, totally unexpected.

Donna, I hope you feel better soon! Thanks again for the tut!

Old 2010-12-17, 6:39pm
in my happy place

Everyones snowmen are so cute! I've made a few and wanted to show them, they are in various stages of completion. I'm going to make some more tomorrow if it's not too cold in the garage! Can't wait!
Attached Images

Old 2010-12-18, 8:41am

I like the clear ones Donna. Did you etch them?

Old 2010-12-18, 10:25am

Default Thanks

I want to thank you for the tut and the inspiration! I have been making snowmen and they are looking good! (If I do say so myself!)
Thank you, thank you!
Old 2010-12-18, 2:11pm
dances with ideas...

Those are great, Donna! I really like the variety of transparents and white, with some etched. They look so cute clustered around the base of that candle.