LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-06-13, 2:26pm

Default classes

Does anyone know of any good beginning classes in the Atlanta area?
Old 2010-06-13, 2:49pm
In search of her path....

yes....
Flame Tree
they have information around here somewhere about classes....
But heres their website
https://flametreeglass.com/

they are in roswell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 2010-06-13, 2:56pm
Angie09

Flametree ROCKS!!!
Old 2010-06-13, 4:37pm
Linda

There is William Holland School of Lapidary in Young Harris, GA. I've been going there for over ten years. There are fusing and lampworking classes as well as the traditional lapidary classes. The website is lapidaryschool.org Flame Tree has some interesting classes so I might have to leave hubby at the school and head south. If you have any questions about the school, please PM me. Linda
Old 2010-06-13, 5:24pm

Thanks everyone. I believe FlameTree with be the one I go to for sure. Especially the marble classes! I have the basic idea of making a bead. I mean I can get it round do you think i would still benefit from taking the beginner bead making class? Especially since I for sure want to do the marbles?
Old 2010-06-13, 6:51pm
Renee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirls View Post
There is William Holland School of Lapidary in Young Harris, GA. I've been going there for over ten years. There are fusing and lampworking classes as well as the traditional lapidary classes. The website is lapidaryschool.org Flame Tree has some interesting classes so I might have to leave hubby at the school and head south. If you have any questions about the school, please PM me. Linda
Hi Linda- William Holland is a great school! I am a fused glass and enameling instructor there. Two really good lampworking instructors at the school are Judy Peppers and Ann Royer. I have been doing lampwork for about 5 years but took Ann's class last week. She really refined alot of the techniques I was using and besides that I learned alot of new stuff from her! Renee

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2010-06-13, 6:53pm
Renee

Oh I forgot to mention- google "Southern Flames lampworking" and it will bring up the Atlanta club.

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2010-06-14, 6:48am
Linda

I agree with Renee. Judy and Ann are wonderful teachers at William Holland (and fun too!). I have also taken the advanced class with Betty and enjoyed that class. I'll take classes with them again. Check it out. What could be more fun than a week in the mountains playing with fire and no housework? Linda