Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2010-12-28, 3:04am
Knob Creek Glass

Default Bead & Button Show 2011

Did any one receive their book yet?

I have my picks made from the website, but my husband needs the book to browse.
Old 2010-12-28, 4:27am

I live in southern Illinois and my book came in yesterday's mail.
Old 2010-12-28, 7:04pm
Ex-lurker

Got my book today....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2011-01-11, 6:20pm

The Bead and Button registration website has gone live!! I think this is going to be a terrific show and Neil and I are super-excited about our classes. We are teaching a new class that uses resin collage techniques in bezels and forms made of glass, it is a great new direction I'm very happy with. I wrote about it in my new book, but I'm looking forward to sharing it "hands on" with students at B and B (and also in Vegas!).

What are you registering for?? Jeri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-01-12, 6:26am
sunscreen me baby

Jeri that sounds so cool! I'll be expecting you to drop by and let me fondle. Or I'll just find you and fondle anyway, lol.

~

Old 2011-01-12, 7:28am

Anytime Susan! My sister Sue with my mom Lorry will be at my table on the sales floor, and they want to meet, great and fondle as much as possible! I have my fingers crossed that by then I might have a few copies of my book to sell!

Did I mention that at my table you can also fondle Schermo's beads? It's like a two for one! Jeri

Old 2011-01-12, 9:14am
da General

This will be my first time at Bead&Button and I can't wait to check out and fondle everyone's beads at the show! I also hope you veterans will help this B&B newbie out and show me the ropes!

Not selling so I can really visit with everyone leisurely. I am teaching a two-day silver glass class and a half-day silver murrini one. The two-day class is full but still have room in the half-day one. . .

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-01-12, 5:36pm

Can't wait to see you Hayley. I hope our classrooms are close to one another. I have no booth, but of course I'll be at Meet the Teachers (with books and beads). I'm trying to figure out if I'll have enough energy to do the friday night Flame Off, which is always fun (and a little exhausting after teaching!).

I hope to squeeze in some shopping here and there, so I'm hoping you will tell me where you see cool stuff!! It is always a great show. Jeri

Old 2011-01-12, 5:40pm
Newfoundland lover!

Hayley, I am in your class! I bet I was the first to sign up, too. I can't wait.
I have been to B&B show 2 other times, not as a vendor or teacher. It is the motherlode for jewelrymaking, classes and shopping. You'll have a great time.
I can't wait to learn how to master some of the silver glass like you do.

I wish it were June, I wish it were June!

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2011-01-12, 6:05pm
da General

Jeri - can't wait to see you too, Jeri! I am not sure how long I will be at Friday night's flame off myself for I teach Saturday bright and early! Hey - we can go shopping together!

Merilee - can't wait to meet you! We will have loads of fun in class!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-01-12, 9:01pm
Rare Florida Native

Hi Hayley - Wish I was taking a drive down since I would love to meet you in person. This is not my year to go
I know you are going to be a fabulous teacher and have lots of fun - I love Milwaukee

Old 2011-02-09, 3:50am
Knob Creek Glass

I am in Hayley's classes too!! Cannot wait.
Old 2011-02-16, 4:18pm

Just opened a second day of my sold out Glass Flowers class. So, if you were hoping for it...

look forward to seeing you all there.

Lisa
Old 2011-02-25, 4:05pm
Gone Fishing!

This will be my first time going also. I am really looking forward to it.. besides lots of cash what else should I bring? Any suggestions? Still have not signed up for any classes and I am not sure if I will. I heard that the first show is enough just to walk around and look at all the vendor stuff.

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2011-02-25, 4:51pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Ann View Post
Hi Hayley - Wish I was taking a drive down since I would love to meet you in person. This is not my year to go
I know you are going to be a fabulous teacher and have lots of fun - I love Milwaukee
Sorry I missed your post, Charlotte. . . sorry you won't be there this year but I hope to return next year too if they will have me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaracollins View Post
I am in Hayley's classes too!! Cannot wait.
Yay, Barbara! We will have so much fun!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-02-26, 2:44pm

Since my class at B&B is sold out.. I see that Barbara is in another class as well! *wink*
Old 2011-02-27, 2:35pm
Knob Creek Glass

I am in your class too Sally! I saw Jen Cameron take it last year, and it was on my list.
Old 2011-03-01, 12:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaracollins View Post
I am in your class too Sally! I saw Jen Cameron take it last year, and it was on my list.
Oh yes! That class was soooo much fun!
Old 2011-03-07, 1:27pm

Default Optic Mold Murrini

If you haven't filled your dance card yet, B and B has added another class for us on Friday. It will be "Optic Mold Murrini". We are going to play with a few different molds, making and swapping murrini. We also make twisties with optic molds and then practice applying murrini and twisties to sampler beads. I think others will agree that we always have fun in my classes, and I'm sure there will be plenty of new skills to take away!! It just went up on the website today. Jeri

Old 2011-03-12, 7:00am
Gone Fishing!

I just signed up for a seed bead class on Friday the 10th. I am so excited!

Do people bring rolly carts to the show or is just carrying a bag good enough for shopping. I tend to shop til I drop. I have been known to spend a couple thousand at the Vendor booths at The Gathering so I am not sure how Bead and Button will go. I have saved up a couple thousand to spend at Bead and Button though. I think I have a problem...LOL

Anyway.. any help would be appreciated.

Oh..also.. what is your fave place to eat?

Old 2011-03-12, 6:45pm

I don't know about carts but yes to rolling bags... all the time..
Old 2011-03-13, 7:33am
Gone Fishing!

anyone know where I can get a rolling bag?

Old 2011-03-13, 7:43am

They always have them in the airport stores. They aren't super high quality, but usually cheap and light.

I don't recall, but it's possible that B and B sells them among their commemorative merchandise. They ALWAYS give registrants a huge tote, but it gets heavy, fast! Jeri

Old 2011-03-14, 1:36pm
Newfoundland lover!

I bought a rolling bag at the show. You may be able to order it ahead of time on thier show site under souveniers.

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2011-03-21, 5:45am
Gone Fishing!

Thanks... I will check it out.

Old 2011-04-12, 7:02am

YAY I just got a booth!!! #1231 (Yes Jeri I am stalking you.) I will have lots of murrini. Hoping to have 3 or 4 new images by then sea turtle is the only one I will talk about. The others are on the sketching board. Oh and lots o'beads.
Stop by and say hi,
Jodie McDougall

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2011-04-12, 7:56am

One of the best parts of my last show was being next to Jodie, befriending her, and getting to fondle her amazing and accomplished murrini. I think we are mutual stalkers, which is like mutual admirers, only more intense! Can't wait to see you there Jodie, I have no booth but I have lots of new beads and my new book for Meet the Teachers night! Jeri

Old 2011-04-12, 6:27pm
Ex-lurker

I just booked our tickets yesterday! We are just going to look, fondle and buy. Got a great deal on the airfare - $189 non stop from Orlando. It will be nice to get away and not have to work in a booth....

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2011-04-12, 6:32pm

It will be great to see you Melody, and to question you endlessly about fusing the glass rings, by then I should have tried the molds!! Jeri

Old 2011-04-12, 10:04pm

I want that airfare price!!! looking forward to seeing you again Jeri.
TTFN Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall