TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2021-08-12, 12:55pm

Default Snub nose question

Looking to upgrade my torch in the next couple of weeks, i currently run a lynx and love it but sometimes I wish it had a little more. I'm most likely going with a phantom, but I had a question about the snub nose version, is there any benefits/drawbacks to them is there a specific use?
Old 2021-08-13, 8:31am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pko_growz View Post
Looking to upgrade my torch in the next couple of weeks, i currently run a lynx and love it but sometimes I wish it had a little more. I'm most likely going with a phantom, but I had a question about the snub nose version, is there any benefits/drawbacks to them is there a specific use?
Easier to pack securely for travel. Thats it. Consider moving up to the Mirage. It can do everything the phantom can do and then some and its resale value is much higher. There are so many phantoms for sale out there used for just these really good reasons.
Old 2021-08-13, 8:43am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
Easier to pack securely for travel. Thats it. Consider moving up to the Mirage. It can do everything the phantom can do and then some and its resale value is much higher. There are so many phantoms for sale out there used for just these really good reasons.
Wish I could I would definitely prefer a mirage, might ask the guy I take lessons from if he would trade me cash and my lynx for his old mirage since he only uses it when he does lessons and only really uses the lynx CF

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
Old 2021-08-13, 9:56am

So here are some responses I got from On The Torch FB group

"Snubnose puts the glass you’re spinning further from the candles without having to reach further back. I prefer it but to each their own."

"From what ive seen of my shop mates it's nicer to view the torch face for detailed work and small flame applications on a snub nose. The reash thing is a bit of a plus as well. He doesn't have to have his arms out as far as I do when doing larger work. Making it easier on him. But the downside can be the heat transfer to the Marver. Not from the torch as if your running jt right it should heat up that much past the first inch the torch. But from residual heat from the larger flame being on and much closer to it"