Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-06-17, 6:23pm
Life Sucks & Then U Live

Smile Vittorio Constantini Demo Day in MA along with Wale Apparatus selling glass goodies

The Boston Chapter and Wale Apparatus are sponsoring a UNIQUE Demo Day with Vittorio Constantini Sunday June 21st from 10-4 at Louise Erskine's Studio in Paxton MA.

As some of you know Vittorio is a Venetian Flame working Master who specializes in soft glass animals especially bugs, sea creatures and birds. This will be the only opportunity to watch him at work other than at the Glass Arts Society Conference this year.

Bring your glasses, a folding chair if you have it and a dish to share for the pot luck...

There is a $20 admission fee for non Chapter members - or join the Chapter for the same $20 and get a year of benefits! Part of this fee will go to our scholarship fund! (If you are unsure about your membership status please contact Sheila Comstock "smcth62 'at' yahoo 'dot' com"

NOTE **************
Wale Apparatus has promised to bring a truck load of glass and tools and fun stuff - they will also prepare any orders for you and bring it along with them to save on shipping- Remember ISGB Boston Chapter members get a 10% discount too! Send "dbrucker 'at' waleapparatus 'dot' com" a note about what glass and other items they should stock up on and bring!

******************* Get your requests in no later than Thursday June 18

"Vittorio has a unique approach to the glass- he works with a soft flame and gets amazing results. His fish flash and shimmer like they just jumped out of the water."

Friends welcome. Allergy alert- Louise has a dog and two cats and sheep and cows too!

Last edited by Lori; 2009-06-22 at 5:23am.
Old 2009-06-18, 8:39am

Smile

Oh, WOW, Lori! Man.... if only you guys were closer to Chicago! That $20 is more then worth the demo that Vittorio will give you guys.... I hope many take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Vittorio is the most superb creator of miniature life-like creatures and critters. His special methods of layering colors of glass to give depth and "realism" to his creation is only short of what God could create ! To boot, the man is sweet as sugar and you just want to put him in your pocket with his adorable wife, Graziela, and take them home with you .

Have a great time! I'll be thinking of all of you having a great day with Vittorio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-06-18, 10:22am

Wow....hmmm...Bangor to Worcester area....um.....that's...uh....7 hours each way?....I have to be @ work @ 9am Monday.........pondering the feasability of that

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-06-18, 12:12pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Wow....hmmm...Bangor to Worcester area....um.....that's...uh....7 hours each way?....I have to be @ work @ 9am Monday.........pondering the feasability of that
With 6 hours of Vittorio and watching his creations creations evolve like magical life forms waiting to take their first breath....... what's to ponder? GO!!! Take the train, carpool, run, just don't miss it! Vittorio's traveling abroad to teach is growing scarcer and scarcer each year !

Old 2009-06-18, 12:23pm
Borovangelist

I wannna go..... It's fathers' day though and I'm going to hang with my munchkins

|
|
Old 2009-06-18, 12:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Lyn,

I sent some pm's looking for a Maine convoy down and back in a day. I'm willing if you're willing! We can take my car.... Emily can't go. Haven't heard from Kristi yet. Will see Virginia tonight and haven't heard from Sonje but she's working.

I just don't want to get lost on my own. MUCH more fun to have a carload of witnesses with me! lol

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2009-06-18, 2:05pm
It's about time!

Damn, why does work always seem to get in the way of having fun!!! I hope you guys have a blast if you do go!!! Sonje
Old 2009-06-18, 7:38pm

Sorry friends, I have to work this weekend and it's father's day so I'm hosting my parents for dinner.
The trip shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 hours each way from here.
Can't wait to hear what you guys do!
Old 2009-06-19, 4:47am

Ed, Virginia, Pipyr and I are coming down! They were going and I threw myself on the floor, crying and begging, and got the 4th seat in the truck! I know- I have NO shame! (Go me!)

Sue
Old 2009-06-19, 9:02am
Life Sucks & Then U Live

Hi Sue,

So Glad that you guys will be able to come down.... The demos in class are amazing... Vittorio has demoed fish, octopus, birds (owl, duck, hummingbird, penguin), butterflies and blown shells all that are just breathtaking! He and his wife are great people, I think you will like them...

Lori
Old 2009-06-22, 5:10am

Thank you to all for an incredible day! Good food, good people, good glass! I think I want to move into Louise's studio, what a fantastic place. Think she'd notice? And now I can put a face to Sue's posts!!! Hi Sue, it was so nice to meet you!!

Old 2009-06-22, 7:00am

Hi Kim! It was nice to meet you too!

I have pictures and will post them tonight but just for now, I want to say a big THANK YOU to Louise for being able to put this together. It was such an honor to watch Vittorio Constantini work. That man is magic! What he did with glass, off mandrel with 104, was amazing. I would have exploded glass all over the place! (Naturally I'm going to have to prove it to myself by exploding an octopus tonight!)

Just wait til you see the pictures!

AND I joined the Boston Chapter of ISGB! Thank you for letting me! I'll miss most of the meeting probably but don't be surprised if I can make one or two. You were a great group- and have some awesome cooks! Pot Luck was delicious!

Sue

Last edited by Sue in Maine; 2009-06-22 at 7:21am.
Old 2009-06-22, 3:40pm

I started a new thread in the gallery with pictures of this meeting....

here is the link:

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...=1#post2547232

I want to thank you for putting notice of this meeting on LE. It's where I found out about it and I am so so so very glad I went. What a wonderful day I had. I got home and crawled into bed at 11 pm!

Sue