Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-04-19, 9:40am

The lentils are made with a press...the Cattwalk button press...size 1-1/4". I really like this particular press...

Sandy
Old 2007-04-19, 10:48am
San Diego Toni

Great 'plosions Paula - Cinnabar is a GREAT red for this type of work and I'm gonna have to try that havana moon....NICE!
Cosmo, great as usual, but I love that heart! The shape and transition of colors is HOT!
Kim that e forming is a very unique touch and looks fantastic, and I'm with Leanne about the white - it looks so perfect!!
Carrie girl those are ELECTRIC like always!! The 2nd one looks kinda like smoky clouds or something
Sally - love the use of the momka cane, don't be shy!
Sandy I was checking out that article in the flow also - looks great!!

toni

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-04-19, 12:04pm

Really beautiful work you guys!
Kim those pendants are truly unique and beautiful!
A pendant and a marble from me. the marbles have been a bigger challenge for me then I expected, i guess just practice, practice, practice.

Ashlea
Old 2007-04-19, 12:16pm
mystical cat lover 56

Old 2007-04-19, 12:28pm

Oh man, you all posted some awesome stuff.

Sandree, how does the regalia/lynx compare to the lynx on tanked oxy? I am considering getting one of them in the furture.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-04-19, 1:24pm
The Venerable Bead

Sally I love your stone I'm so happy to see you posting. Oh i might have to get some of that glass, oh no...

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-04-19, 1:32pm
Trying to Hope!

here are some marble beads i have been trying to work on lately Trying to make then quick and easy for an upcoming job so far its been a trial who knew completely round could be such a hassel.
Love the marble
what color is that that its so translucent and ghost like?

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-04-19, 3:10pm
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandree View Post
Carrie - I love your pastels. Just had a request for some pastels and they are hard for me...very inconsistent. Any tips?
Which pastel colors?

Old 2007-04-19, 3:11pm
Nah, not really...;)

WOW!

I post this morning and I come back and there are a TON of awesome pieces here!

BRB w/ my comments.

Old 2007-04-19, 3:12pm

You all do such gorgeous work! I should probably post in the other thread, I'm still pretty much a newbie. Some days it's hard getting to the boro. Oh well. These are Triple Passion tweezer twists. I was just totally jazzed that they're all about the same size! Not easy for me with boro.

Old 2007-04-19, 3:13pm
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
Beautiful work! I do have one complaint though:

Too much chit-chat not enough pictures! C'mon people let's see what you got! (he said while not posting any pictures)
Hey man, I don't see any of your pics? What's up w/ that???

Old 2007-04-19, 3:17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyki View Post

here are some marble beads i have been trying to work on lately Trying to make then quick and easy for an upcoming job so far its been a trial who knew completely round could be such a hassel.
Love the marble
what color is that that its so translucent and ghost like?
It looks like it could be either NS yellow, or extra light yellow.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-04-19, 3:19pm
Nah, not really...;)

Thank you all for the kudos, much appreciated!

Sally, whoa, nice job on that piece.
Sandy, love the lentils, crisp and clean.
Ashlea, wispy and surreal, I like it.
Wendy, great colors in those, I am marble challenged.

Rebecca, nice to see you working Boro...you were a big part of the Smiley thread a year ago and you've been missed.

Old 2007-04-19, 3:20pm
Nah, not really...;)

Chit chat, chit chat...

Old 2007-04-19, 4:07pm

Awwww thanks Carrie! That's nice of you to say. I'm still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. I'm only in my 40's after all...
(chit chat, chit chat )

Old 2007-04-19, 4:25pm

Guess this makes me the older sister, huh?
Sooo, did you pick up all those teeny balls?

Now, seriously, there's some unbelievable glass here today. Thanks to all who liked my pendants, thank you soo much. It's been a good day in the neighborhood today and your kind words were a big part of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
I'm only in my 40's after all...
(chit chat, chit chat )

Old 2007-04-19, 7:17pm

*snort* They're so small I can't even find my teeny balls. And Sis? I'll let you explain since you're older. LOL!

Old 2007-04-20, 5:27am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass View Post
Chit chat, chit chat...
Naughty CB!!!

I admit it, there's a bit of a double standard here. I've been working on something... with very limited success. I have some pieces done but no pics yet. It's such a simple idea, and until the other day I had NO idea why I was failing so horribly. I finally had some insight into the problem, but then some other stuff came up...

I promise I'll have some pics after this weekend Maybe even during this weekend...depending on whether I can find a computer...

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2007-04-20, 7:07am
Formerly known as Venesa

Wow, I'm so impressed will all of you guys!!! I still feel like a boro newbie when I compare my stuff to all the beauty above, but I'm getting there darn it.

(There's no way I'm putting any of my boro pictures up now!)

Old 2007-04-20, 11:03am
ManBearPig

Not all of these were made in April, but a good many of them were.

Figured I'd post what I've been up to for the past couple of months...

Old 2007-04-20, 11:47am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Wow Cosmo, you have been a very busy bee!!! Look at that eye candy will you.

#K58
Old 2007-04-20, 11:49am
San Diego Toni

Those TP beads are awesome!! Inventory looks great Cosmo - I'm sure there are tons more!

Marbles are fun, huh? I wire wrapped one into a cage pendant the other night...looks cool!

These are some of my Ozzy-dog bones I'll have when we compete at the Nuts for Mutts dog show this weekend.

chit chat!

toni
Attached Images

Old 2007-04-20, 1:31pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni L. View Post
Those TP beads are awesome!! Inventory looks great Cosmo - I'm sure there are tons more!
Sadly, no. I need to get some more marbles made. I want to make 20 or so more before next weekend. I'm pretty much covered in the way of pendants, but I need some more round stuff. Especially since my booth at the show is labeled "Art Glass Marbles".

Old 2007-04-20, 1:56pm

Yeah, I need to make some more marbles as well. I have lots of Dichro ones, but I need to make some more vortex and implosion marbles for my show. Hey, we still have a week, so if we do 4 per day we will be fine, right?

Old 2007-04-20, 2:34pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Yeah, I need to make some more marbles as well. I have lots of Dichro ones, but I need to make some more vortex and implosion marbles for my show. Hey, we still have a week, so if we do 4 per day we will be fine, right?
Yeah, but with my two jobs, I usually only get one or two days of torch time per week...

Old 2007-04-20, 2:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Yeah, but with my two jobs, I usually only get one or two days of torch time per week...
Now, that could be a problem. But hey, you young guys don't need sleep, right?

Old 2007-04-20, 2:56pm

Here is a wierd pendant from this week. It has generated some new ideas that I want to try out tomorrow. The inside is Amazon bronze frit and the outside is amazon night or lagoon...which ever is more green in frit form.
Attached Images

Old 2007-04-20, 3:45pm
Skeptical Optimist

Talking

Eric your new stuff is sooo cool!!!
Here's my latest stuff, got to play last night. My first butterfly:

Ugh I didn't edit that last one too well, but too late!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-04-20, 4:36pm

cool butterfly and hummingbird. The colors in that last pendant are very nice also.

Old 2007-04-20, 5:15pm
Hummel factory reject

Eric, I'm really liking your new work! This is a sweet pendant!
Chitty chitty chat chat...Patrice I like the colors in that last piece.
Toni, love dem' funky bones. Chit chat chit. Lori