No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-08-19, 5:25pm
Angie09

Default Can someone help me with shipping costs

Hi ... I use Paypal for all my shipping and I'm so confused. If beads are going to Canada and are 5oz and I use "first class international mail", the total cost is about $3.50. Is that right? Paypal give me 3 choices of the type of shipping and the other 2 are "priority" make the shipping in the $28 range. Am I doing it right? Just seems like it should cost more ... any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 2015-08-19, 5:33pm
I fart diamonds

That's incorrect. Pretty sure the least expensive price to Canada from the US is $6.55. At least that's what is costs from Florida...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-08-19, 5:41pm
Angie09

How are you shipping them? I just use a padded envelope and put the weight and info into Paypal ... seems low to me too but apparently everything's been getting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
That's incorrect. Pretty sure the least expensive price to Canada from the US is $6.55. At least that's what is costs from Florida...
Old 2015-08-19, 5:43pm
I fart diamonds

The same. First Class.

Old 2015-08-19, 5:49pm
Angie09

Well I'm in Florida too and it's never been above $4 ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
The same. First Class.
Old 2015-08-19, 5:53pm
Molten Glass Addict

I don't think PayPal let's you ship internationally for anything less than priority costs. I use USPS.com to ship to Canada. It's about $7.00 now, I believe.

< me in my younger days

< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie

Old 2015-08-19, 5:56pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasstastic Treasures View Post
I don't think PayPal let's you ship internationally for anything less than priority costs. I use USPS.com to ship to Canada. It's about $7.00 now, I believe.
This ^^

How are you using Paypal for first class international? It hasn't been an option for months. I have to go to USPS.com

(I just checked again and a 4oz package from me to Vancouver, BC costs $7.43)

Old 2015-08-19, 6:10pm
Molten Glass Addict

It's been way longer than months since PayPal quit shipping first class internationally (a year now?).

Pain in the ass using USPS.com, can't get the site to print two labels per page.

PayPal is so much easier to use. Not sure why they don't offer international first class.

< me in my younger days

< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie

Old 2015-08-19, 6:27pm
Angie09

My options are:

Priority Mail Express International
First Class Mail International
Priority Mail International

I use First Class and it's always around $3-4
Old 2015-08-19, 6:37pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
My options are:

Well, enjoy it while you can. It hasn't been that cheap for the rest of us for over a year. I was still able to ship international a few months ago, but it was pricey.

Have you checked the price at USPS.com? Would hate for you to mail something and the recipient have to pay extra to get it. (Or have it returned for postage due.)

Old 2015-08-19, 6:40pm
Angie09

I've shipped a lot of packages and no one has said they had to pay postage due .... I haven't checked USPS because Paypal is just so easy. Invoice, get paid, ship .... that's about as difficult as things can get for me lately.
Old 2015-08-19, 6:49pm
I fart diamonds

From Paypal's website:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/he...=FAQ2318&m=SRE

Quote:
What types of mail service can I use with PayPal Shipping?

For domestic shipments, you may select the following services: Express Mail®, Priority Mail®, First-Class Mail® Parcel, Parcel Post® service, and Media Mail®.

For shipping internationally, you can select Express Mail International® or Priority Mail International®.

Old 2015-08-19, 10:12pm

I've been able to ship to Canada via PayPal first class for under $4 but that just recently happened. A couple months ago I could only do priority too. Maybe they are changing back to first class?
Old 2015-08-19, 10:26pm
I fart diamonds

Ok, I think I figured it out. You must be choosing letter / envelope, but unless the envelope is of uniform thickness, you should be choosing package.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/.../Notice123.pdf

Old 2015-08-19, 11:02pm
Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
My options are:

I think this is the flat envelop rate. Think letter or flat 8 x 11 manilla envelop.
Bubble mailers are package rates.