Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-05-27, 7:58am

Last time I checked...STILL THE BEST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!
Old 2009-05-29, 7:58am

Anyone here know the name of the woman who usually answers the phone at GTT?? She never gives her name and with my one-on-one dealing is usually kind of rude.....If they don't want my continued business...I have NO problem with that

Duane
Old 2009-05-29, 8:02am

Quote:
Anyone here know the name of the woman who usually answers the phone at GTT?? She never gives her name and with my one-on-one dealing is usually kind of rude.....If they don't want my continued business...I have NO problem with that

Duane
Seriously?? Because I found that anyone I ever talked to there was very helpful and quite nice.
Old 2009-05-29, 8:09am

EVERYONE there usually IS very nice and very helpful....maybe its just my timing
Duane
Old 2009-05-29, 9:12am
PyronamixK

How was she rude to you?
Old 2009-05-29, 10:01am

Kim, I pm'd you......

Everyone else........
I did call GTT back and Pam took all my order info. I also spoke with Josh who answered some other questions. So I was right! I WAS over-reacting lol

All's well that ends well!!

Duane
Old 2009-05-29, 10:08am
PyronamixK

Like I said in my PM back to you, she wanted to call you back because she didn't want to leave you on hold.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ETA: Now that I know more about this person, it is indeed very possible that she was rude to you. She was extremely rude to me the other day.

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 3:05pm.
Old 2009-06-02, 7:48am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

I can only imagine that it must have been timing!!! I would always have someone say "hey can I call you back" instead of being on hold for who knows how long, seems kind and thoughtful of your time as well.
The gang at GTT is always super and will take the required time to answer all questions. I can't imagine how they ever get work done, I know I am not the only one who calls with questions. I wonder if other torch companies spend this sort of time with their customers, i mean the guys who actually build the torches??? Really, I am wondering if other companies will let you talk to the guys who build the torchs and keep them on the phone answering all sorts of questions?? not a sales man or a guys who knows a lot but the actual guy??

Well anyhow, I still love GTT, I still think they rock, I am trying to save for a Cheetah and I think it is time to let this thread die and start a new GTT ROCKS thread!
Have a great day!!

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2009-06-02, 10:46pm

My Gtt experience ... well I have a well earned Phantom. We were told to bring our own torches for a teaching class (about 1 year ago) and so I did. I bought quick connects for the class so I could use my torch.

Well .. the class was a mess (not even a set up studio) and I ended up lending my torch for 1 day only to the teacher who clearly was not familiar with a Phantom! Of course it was an honor to lend this particular teacher my torch, but in the process my aluminium supports got bent (I still use it this way) ... not the teacher's fault (but but fellow well meaning students were trying to correct a problem that the school had caused).

Well, at the gathering last year I mentioned that I had a bent support for my torch, and low and behold I was given for no charge and complete set of new supports for my torch!

I don't think I can ask for more than that!

Love my phantom ... doesn't need cleaning (I keep it well) ... and hope I won't have to send it in for cleaning, but if I do I will happily pay the cleaning fee.

Sadie

Old 2009-06-05, 2:51am
picking Job's Tears

(deleted)
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln

Last edited by maren; 2009-06-05 at 9:34pm. Reason: I didn't mean to put that here, that's for sure.
Old 2009-06-16, 5:08am
Striking-impared...

I have to say I love my Bobcat; had it almost 5 years without a hitch. Haven't had to send it back to GTT for cleaning.

I do clean it with the wire either before or after most torching sessions; mostly I run a neutral to slightly oxydizing flame. Doesn't seem to soot up for me.

However, I will say that if I am playing with my reduction glasses for a session (usually 4 to 6 hours), I do have to stop once or twice to clean it with the wire.

Maybe that's high maintenance -- don't know. I've just always taken it as a given.

At any rate, love the Bobcat and if/when I get another torch, it will likely be a Cricket (because I work on concentrators). Or maybe another Bobcat of I decide to do some boro again. At any rate, a GTT torch.

That's just my own experience; other's mileage may vary.

Old 2009-06-16, 5:27am

I'm starting to feel like a torch collector. I have a Beth Pirahna (sp?), a hot head, a Lynx, a Mirage and a Cricket on order. As far as I'm concerned GTT is just the best. Great service, total freedom in getting information you need about a torch or a problem. I've never had to send any of mine in to clean and they run just fine. So long as you don't run a really short reducing flame, these torches run just fine. I couldn't imagine them not charging something to clean torches all along.
Old 2009-06-16, 6:10am

I love GTT torches but have had a few horror stories happen to friends of mine with them... the biggest one being my friend ordered (and paid for in full in advance) a delta mag and they took about 9 months to get it to him... now luckily my friend was ordering it as an EXTRA new toy and not a replacement for something broken or we would have been down the river wihtout a paddle... Let me repeat that, 9 months, and every time we called and asked it was always 'almost done we will ship it out next week'..,.

But that being said when if FINALLY arrived it is the only torch he uses now and sings it's praises to everyone he meets, usually he doesn't even tell them that it took him the better part of a year to get it...

I also have 2 friends who have had to send in their GTT for cleaning and it took GTT over 3 months to get their torches back to them (2 seperate instances over the course of a 2005)... it took GTT so long that they both bought backup torches to use while they had to wait (to be fair they did buy GTT backup torches cause they like them so much)...

So pretty much as I see it, GTT is the best torch out there, but god help you if you need a servicing or a special order, or your torch isn't already made when you order it (which is the reason I would probobly only buy a GTT from a retail store instead of GTT cause a store can guarantee that they have it in stock where GTT has REPEATED lied to me and my friends on the phone).....

Now all that being said I am probobly buying a lynx and a phantom in the next month or two (because I need to get two to not screw myself when I need to send one in to be cleaned...)....
Old 2009-06-16, 6:21am

Shawnette has a great deal on a lynx right now fireside.... $350 for one that looks pretty good.
Old 2009-06-16, 10:12am
PyronamixK

*Original post removed by author*

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing free customer service for GTT, nor am I doing any more favors for them or defending them or their reputation.

Wally will not acknowledge that I have been of any help. Oddly, he says that I should be providing customer service for free and without any compensation or thanks because I am Willy's wife. Of course, neither of the two girlfriends he has had that worked for GTT have ever worked for free. Oh, he made a rule about no GFs or wives working at GTT in order to keep me out of the company. His rules did not apply to anyone he bedded down.

Please direct your questions to:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

570-835-9777

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 3:05pm.
Old 2009-06-16, 10:48am

We can agree to disagree cause I worked in a studio for 9 months while my buddy waited for his delta mag... he paid up front cause he had the money not because they required it, just saying that we called about it almost every month and were told the same 'it's almost ready story' you can tell me all you want that it didn't happen, but I was there and saw it firsthand (and he still says it's the best torch he has ever had)...

As for the other fixing torches problems I can only take their word vs your word so to speak...

And just so you know, when I had to get my Bethlehem pm2d-wc it cost like 130 or 140 bucks so the cost of GTT's repair is quite good... I really do hope that all the things you say about GTT are true and that all the service is awsome now...
Old 2009-06-16, 12:35pm
PyronamixK

*Original post removed by author*

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing free customer service for GTT, nor am I doing any more favors for them or defending them or their reputation.

Wally will not acknowledge that I have been of any help. Oddly, he says that I should be providing customer service for free and without any compensation or thanks because I am Willy's wife. Of course, neither of the two girlfriends he has had that worked for GTT have ever worked for free. Oh, he made a rule about no GFs or wives working at GTT in order to keep me out of the company. His rules did not apply to anyone he bedded down.

570-835-9777

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 3:06pm.
Old 2009-06-16, 1:35pm

I really have to come in here and say that in all the years I have known of GTT, which is from the beginning, I have never, never heard of anyone complaining of service from GTT, with the exception that when they wanted a certain torch there may have been a wait for that particular torch to be made. Considering the amount of lampworkers who prefer GTT torches, it doesn't surprise me at all that at times there is a substantial wait to get a specific torch from them.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-06-16, 2:20pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

It is the thread that just won't die, I still say GTT rocks!!!
i would wait a year for a Delta Mag!!! LOL

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2009-06-16, 5:17pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

Hydrogen is an invisible flame. Can be dangerous.
Old 2009-06-16, 6:30pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Hydrogen torches are great if you want to make a 90 pound globe!
Here is the video for it

Old 2009-06-16, 6:41pm
Flaming Glass Studios

Default New torch and concentrator?

Well this thread is a little overwhelming. I have been making lampwork beads for 10 years and now have a studio in an art center. My minor burner and 5psi concentrator just can't keep up. I am getting soot/smut/brown yuck in my glass. I think the best thing to do at this point is upgrade both, and really soon.

I am afraid to ask but really need expert help on what to buy. I just work with soft glass if that helps. I would like to have the option of a bigger flame. Right now I am getting a flaring flame from the fuel without moving the knob. It does it all on its own.

I really would like it hotter and the option of wider or a finer flame. Suggestions?

Patti Hensley

Last edited by mphens; 2009-06-16 at 6:51pm.
Old 2009-06-16, 6:47pm
PyronamixK

I went with Willy one time to a scientific shop where they ran a Delta Mag on hyrogen. It was amazing.

Hydrogen is incredibly dangerous, but the purple flame sure is cool.
Old 2009-06-16, 6:52pm

Shouldn't this thread be dead by now? It's gotten sooooo off topic that now we have third party accusations.

It has been established that at NO time did GTT promise to clean and refurbish torches free. It was previously done as a generous courtesy and is no longer economically possible. Common sense should cover that one.

It has been established that GTT makes GREAT torches and those of us (I'm one of them) who have them love them and generally have no problems with them.

And for a little humor, it has been established that some people just want to find something to complain about.

Please, can't we move on.
Old 2009-06-16, 6:55pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Well this trhread is a little overwhelming. I have been making lampwork beads for 10 years and now have a studio in an art center. My minor burner and 5psi concentrator just can't keep up. I am getting soot/smut1brown yuck in my glass. I think the best thing to do at this point is upgrade both, and really soon.

I am afraid to ask but really need expert help on what to buy. I just work with soft glass if that helps. I would like to have the option of a bigger flame. Right now I am getting a flaring flame from the fuel without moving the knob. It does it all on its own.

I really would like it hotter and the option of wider or a finer flame. Suggestions?
Hi Patti! I see you're from San Angelo. I have been through there many a time going from Austin to Midland.

* the rest of the Original post removed by author*

570-835-9777

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 3:06pm.
Old 2009-06-16, 7:01pm
Flaming Glass Studios

Thanks so much for your reply. I can try that right now to keep working while I order something new. Where are you located? I take classes in Austin at BlueMoon. It would be nice to try out some different torches to help decide what to get.

Patti Hensley
Old 2009-06-16, 7:10pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Thanks so much for your reply. I can try that right now to keep working while I order something new. Where are you located? I take classes in Austin at BlueMoon. It would be nice to try out some different torches to help decide what to get.
I'm in Colorado, now. I used to live in Austin and am originally from Midland.
Old 2009-06-16, 7:15pm
Flaming Glass Studios

So, If I decide what I want can you order it or who do I need to go to?

Patti Hensley
Old 2009-06-16, 7:37pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
So, If I decide what I want can you order it or who do I need to go to?
If you would like to order from me, you could. I sell both concentrators and GTT torches. My website is
. I have a new phone number listed on the home page.

I don't have any torches in stock right now, though. I can get them, but just don't have them on hand right now.
Old 2009-06-16, 7:55pm
Flaming Glass Studios

Thanks,

I will let you know and send and email when I am ready to your directly.

Patti Hensley