TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-03-11, 6:37am

Hi Cynthia, Congratulations on your tutorial. I just purchased mine and can't wait to get to my torch. Sculptural beads are so much fun to make, and yours are in a class by themselves!

You go girl!

Diane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-11, 8:32am
Wendy

Ordered mine this morning as well! Can't wait to see it!

~Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2009-03-11, 10:19am

Default Awesome

Hi Cynthia. I just ordered one . . . but, regardless what it says under my name, I am very new at this. Will I be able to figure it out? And do it?

Regardless, I am in awe of your talent. Thank you for making this available.
Old 2009-03-11, 10:49am
I love glass

I just ordered one, I can't wait to try it.

Old 2009-03-11, 11:12am

Hi Kerri. It is a bead that requires an intermediate skill level and basic knowledge of lampworking. But if your anything like me, that description would never stop me My Mom always tells me that I start from the back of the book, which is true. I think even if your bead does not turn out perfect, it is a great learning tool. I would not hesitate at all for newer lampworkers to try out. Just don't be disappointed if you can't get it to look like you want on the first tries. Practice, practice practice.

Right now I'm working on making murrini, thanks to MIKE H and I am very uncomfortable doing them. But I'm pluggin' along and one day, I'll get it down. So there you go. I'm out of my comfort zone too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri LeRoux View Post
Hi Cynthia. I just ordered one . . . but, regardless what it says under my name, I am very new at this. Will I be able to figure it out? And do it?

Regardless, I am in awe of your talent. Thank you for making this available.

Old 2009-03-11, 11:13am

Thank you so much. I'm going over to Etsy to send it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitecharms View Post
I just ordered one, I can't wait to try it.

Old 2009-03-11, 11:31am

Thank you for your encouraging words! I don't think I am terribly artistic or creative, got a D in 7th grade Art class you know But I am finally, at 53, determined to at least try! Glass is so fascinating.
Old 2009-03-11, 2:34pm
Bead Imp

Whoo-hoo!!! Just ordered mine!!! Thank you for doing this!

Old 2009-03-11, 3:24pm
just another tool fool...

This is an awesome tutorial, well-written with clear photos. And the Keepers are adorable!! Thank you so much!!

Click banner for my Etsy:

Old 2009-03-11, 4:23pm

I got mine! thanks so much - its an awesome tutorial!

Shauna
Old 2009-03-11, 5:16pm
Bead Imp

aaahhh!!! The waiting is killing me! Lol, JK. I would have to order it right around dinner time, lol.

Old 2009-03-11, 6:27pm
Creatrixie

Veeeery cute, Cynthia. They remind me of Hobbits!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-03-11, 6:38pm
Mad about Glass

Have paid and now I'm waiting impatiently for the tut to arrive.(I guess I have been spoilt by the tuts available for instant download!!!)

Thanks Cynthia - I love your beads!

Jenn

[url]

Old 2009-03-11, 7:13pm

Smile

Cynthia, thanks so much - just got the tutorial and it looks wonderful!!!
Can't wait for the weather to improve [snow & sleet forecast for tomorrow!!] so I can try the tut out!
Thanks again,
Shirley
Old 2009-03-11, 7:43pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am so happy that you all like it. You have truly made my day!

Now, let see some more pictures please!

Old 2009-03-11, 8:11pm
Mad about Glass

Thanks Cynthia. I just got mine and it looks great. I hope you didn't get up in the middle of the night to send it!!! It's 2.15pm in Sydney and I've no idea what time it is where you are.

Jenn

[url]

Old 2009-03-11, 8:15pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
Oh, I get it....Keep...her.....we'll Keep....er!
I was hoping you would catch that! You're still sharp as a tack, I don't care what they say about you.

I'm glad your tutorial is so well received. When I read through it, I thought it was the best tutorial I had ever read.

Kelly

Old 2009-03-12, 8:01am
Gimme that silver glass!

Cynthia, I tried your tut today and I think it's awesome!!! (the result is in the kiln now, pics will follow asap ), I only had some troubles with the hat (pulling that thing out of my ball with the tweezers, you know what I mean?) and I would love to know which color enamel to use for the cheeks. My Keeper's got hot pink blushes LOL.

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-03-12, 8:30am
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

Quote:
OMG look at you! They are adorable, and you put them in the thicket to take the picture. You really did a wonderful job. I really like the one in the blue hat but they are both great. Thanks for the compliments on the tut too. I am really glad to hear that it was clear for you. That was my biggest concern. I would love to see more!

Thanks Cynthia You are a great teacher. I couldn't thank you enough. You've helped me a lot with my sculptural techniques. I did 3 more and added a lil twist. I hope you like em I'm looking forward to more tutes that will be written by you in the future.

Wumpmonk, great minds think alike. My feline keeper was in the kiln when you've posted yours.

Here's the result of my second batch. The feline keeper is double the size of the other two. I've added my handmade rose murrinis and shaped it into hearts for embellishments.

The alien keeper is a test bead for my alien bead exchange in the other forum. I've added a handmade smilie murrini at the end of the hat - he appeared troubled here. I reckon the alien scared him lol! I've added ears to the alien.

whilst the cutesy clover keeper is for St Patty's day. My dh is half Irish and I have Irish friends

Cheerios,
Rifie

Old 2009-03-12, 8:31am

Haaaa....Anouk, there is nothing wrong with hot pink cheeks My tester Toni, told me I should put this bit of information in the tut, but I forgot. I use "Light Petal Pink" for the cheeks.

The hat pull is a bit tricky. I wish I could show you in person. Can you come over? It's described exactly the way I do it but you know how it is sometimes with pictures and words. Not as nice as watching.

Now get those "Keepers" out of the kiln and I'll be anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Cynthia, I tried your tut today and I think it's awesome!!! (the result is in the kiln now, pics will follow asap ), I only had some troubles with the hat (pulling that thing out of my ball with the tweezers, you know what I mean?) and I would love to know which color enamel to use for the cheeks. My Keeper's got hot pink blushes LOL.

Old 2009-03-12, 8:38am
Gimme that silver glass!

Awwww Cynthia, thanks for the enamel color !

And yes, it was a bit tricky but I'll gladly show you my pics and you can always tell me what I did wrong LOL! Don't worry, you did a fantastic job on the tut!!!

And yes, I will be coming over, just not sure when . Maybe YOU can come over to the Netherlands and give some workshops here ?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-03-12, 10:00am
NW Oregon

This is a wonderful tutorial.

And, Rifie, I love the FELINE keeper. THAT is exactly what I had in mind when I bought the tutorial. I want to do cats! We'll see what I end up with; my first attempts will surely not be anywhere as great at the one you've shown, Rifie.

Thank you Cynthia, for the sculptural inspiration.

Jennifer

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2009-03-12, 10:33am
Gimme that silver glass!

Okay, I really tried this tut completely. So no own twist to it, just trying to make a Keeper!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-03-12, 11:40am

Nice job, Anouk. I've tried and tried and still haven't made a decent Chaos bead!
Old 2009-03-12, 7:29pm

First, I have to say that Rifie, you have done an awsome job. You have taken a bead style and totally made it your own. I love your ideas with the cat and the alien. The are soooooooo cute.

Anouk, yours is wonderful. Wow, you have wonderful control which I already knew from the beads that you make.

It's so nice to get to see these pictures. Keep them coming!

Last edited by glassactcc; 2009-03-13 at 12:25pm.
Old 2009-03-13, 10:09am
NW Oregon

Well, here goes. I didn't know I was going to try this till I sat down at the torch and I didn't have the tutorial in my studio to refer to. I had nothing prepared, just used what I had and did it in Bullseye glass. I think I'll switch to Effetre next time because their ivory is more opaque. Also I didn't have pink so I used purple enamel for the blush (and I got some on the eyes). And here's a tip: make sure your pick is clean before you shape the mouth and do follow the directions for melting in the blush. I forgot about the blush until the end and then, after running around the studio frantically searching for enamel before the bead cooled too much, I hit the enamel too fast. Enough excuses Here she is.

Cynthia, you are right they take on a personality. I think this one is a gyspy.

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2009-03-13, 11:36am
what's a senior moment ?

Wow ! Awesome Keepers you guys ! They're all great ! Nice job !

Old 2009-03-13, 4:08pm

Oh, I just came here to see what was up and here is Jennifer's "Keeper". Jennifer, you did a wonderful job, and you didn't have it to refer too? Wow, that's even more impressive. I love the all of the Goldstone on his/her hat! The face is adorable. I think you deserve a big hand

That is exactly what happens to the enamel if it gets a bit too much heat. It separates and causes freckles, which might be a good thing

Keep them coming. This is the best part of the whole tutorial thing. I get to see all of the "Keepers".

Old 2009-03-13, 4:15pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Oh man, I can't wait!! I have been a huge fan of your work!! Thank you so much for sharing. I will pick up my copy next week, I hope!

Jenny

Old 2009-03-13, 7:49pm
NW Oregon

Quote:
Oh, I just came here to see what was up and here is Jennifer's "Keeper". Jennifer, you did a wonderful job, and you didn't have it to refer too? Wow, that's even more impressive. I love the all of the Goldstone on his/her hat! The face is adorable. I think you deserve a big hand

That is exactly what happens to the enamel if it gets a bit too much heat. It separates and causes freckles, which might be a good thing

Keep them coming. This is the best part of the whole tutorial thing. I get to see all of the "Keepers".
Thank you Cynthia, you made my day.

I want to point out that Cynthia's tutorial is so well written that I was able to remember most of it after reviewing the night before I made the bead. Since I didn't have the instructions with me, I did forget a couple things (like when to put the chin in place) but I couldn't have done it if her instructions weren't so clear to me while I read them. That said, I think it would be a little less stressful if you have them nearby while you work. I'll make a couple more of these before I try to branch out into my own version of this bead but I highly recommend it if you want to try something new!

Thanks so much for doing this one Cynthia. I wish I could come take a class with you someday.

Jennifer
Highland Beads