Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-05-02, 6:11am

Default Question on Diamond CLear Precision

In doing a search for Diamond CLear Precision I see that it was discontinued a few years ago.
Does anyone know why?
Good Stuff? Bad Stuff?

Thanks
Anne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-05-02, 7:37am

What I have was supposed to be good but wasn't. I had a lot of cracking. For me, it's pricey junk clear.

Old 2014-05-02, 7:56am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Crackety-crack.
If you search for it here on LE, you'll find a large thread from a few years ago.
Originally it was great stuff, but then a new batch came out, and that was incompatible with nearly every other glass.
They couldn't figure out what the problem was, and discontinued it.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2014-05-02, 9:38am

I agree with both Rachel and Judith! The first time I bought some it wasn't too bad. Due to the price I stayed away from it for a while. The next batch I bought was terrible. Very shocky and if it was really "diamond clear," it was a very poor quality diamond.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-05-02, 10:28am
Artistically Absorbed

It was good clear in the beginning, the last batch cracked. I mixed up my batches in the move, so I do a test bead now to test a rod at a time. The bad stuff could be used for pixie dust beads maybe, just a thought.

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2014-05-02, 5:01pm

I used it exclusively for a long time. Then, like others, had trouble with the last batch. Sad, because it was a great clear. I have since replaced it with the Double Helix clears Aether and Zephyr.